Zeke: 18 Carries, 35 yards

superonyx

Reaction score
what are you talking about? On a toss sweep you can hit it fast or slow it just depends on what’s there. When the hole is there he doesn’t explode through like a guy like Kamara. You can clearly tell he’s not as explosive as he was a few years ago. You must be blind.
Toss Sweep? I don't remember seeing many of these plays? This isnt pop warner football. Every player on that field is fast. You are not going to see these guys outrun defenders to the edge at this level.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Toss Sweep? I don't remember seeing many of these plays? This isnt pop warner football. Every player on that field is fast. You are not going to see these guys outrun defenders to the edge at this level.
Kamara did it last night for a first down. On 3rd and short we can’t always just run it up the gut because we see Zeke can be stopped. Sometimes they have to toss it out and hope RB can beat the LB to the first down marker. Not sure why it’s hard to comprehend. Sounds like most Cowboys fan agree Zeke isn’t as explosive as he once were.

Coy

Reaction score
Zeke needs to run it better, the oline needs to block better, it’s clearly the only chance this team has.

superonyx

Reaction score
Kamara did it last night for a first down. On 3rd and short we can’t always just run it up the gut because we see Zeke can be stopped. Sometimes they have to toss it out and hope RB can beat the LB to the first down marker. Not sure why it’s hard to comprehend. Sounds like most Cowboys fan agree Zeke isn’t as explosive as he once were.
You are arguing with yourself here buddy. I am not against a few sweeps or toss plays. The only thing I know is you can't run at Connor Williams and expect to have a hole open. If you feel vindicated because a few fans feel Zeke isnt as explosive as he was then good for you. Seriously.
What I am trying to get you to realize is this speed you are seeking isnt from a physical change Zeke suddenly went through. If he is not running the way you want its most likely (100%) a choice he is making due to the situations, blocking ect. I'm pretty sure if Kamara and Zeke lined up and ran a 40 Zeke would take him or their would be no noticeable difference between the 2.

This team has weaknesses. You are pointing at something that isnt one. Just like QB's feel pressure all game after taking a few hits, RB's do as well. Last night fell on poor offensive line play. Very poor. And poor coaching to counter what was happening with our Line and what the defense was bringing.

Its the NFL. Look at the Rams yesterday. It happens.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That's a good question. I am disappointed Pollard didn't get some touches. The first 3 games he got an entire series.
Then limited to two snaps yesterday. This despite Zeke struggling the most of all four games.

I really don't understand yesterday at all.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
The OL got dominated

The line was great in pass protection. The Saints were geared to stop the run.. Our O-Line didn't open up holes at all for the run. Our game plan was too predictable. But the O-Line is still top notch.

That game plan should have been put in the shredding machine at half-time.

quickccc

Reaction score
It’d help if Zeke had any burst or ability to break tackles though.

+1

this is a different running zeke vs 2016/2017 version,.. why is he tip-toeing and trying to Levion Bell instead of hitting hole with burst and authority ?
best backs know when to be patiently waiting develop blocks and when to explode to daylight, .. and i'm just not seeing "explosion " from zeke this year.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should have ATTACKED on offense from the getgo. Put the game on Bridgewaters back. Can’t play conservative on the road and in particular, in New Orleans. Game plan was garbage.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We're 5-3 without Zeke or when he isn't getting a full workload. Thinking he's the only chance we have is completely foolish lmao.

People are going to cling to that stat.

What they’ll fail to take into account is, that Zeke almost always gets a high number of carries per game. He averages 21 carries per game.

So if he is getting less than 75 yards in the game it means he is only averaging 3.5 yards per carry.

Which means the offense is playing inefficient football due to the high number of carries and low number of yards. It also likely means the offensive line is not playing well because Zeke gets way more than 3.5 yards per carry if he has adequate blocking.

This doesn’t absolve Dak of blame during those losses. But it shouldn’t surprise anyone that a run first team, that gameplans and schemes to predominantly run the football, doesn’t win a lot if the running game is inefficient.

I also hate anything that relies on “total yards” because total yards is one of the worst ways to evaluate just about any player.