Zeke: 18 Carries, 35 yards

Diehardblues

Reaction score
New Orleans crowded the line and decided the Cowboys would have to beat them through the air.

They couldn't.
Right

Typical strategy to stop or slow the Cowboys offense. Stop Elliott and force Dak to beat them over the top.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Tough spot because if you air things out unsuccessfully and Zeke winds up with 10-15 touches, then it's "where was the run game?" Bottom line is that Pollard has to be schemed in to change things up. Also too much vanilla unimaginative 1st down runs, too little play action. We clearly needed to pass to set up the run. I like the up tempo start to the third. In a tight game, the two fumbles were absolute killers in the midst of what looked like promising drives. Not connecting with Cobb on that 3rd down mid 4th qtr was also crushing. At the end of the day, losses will ALWAYS bring about the microscope and tons of questions. Wins can sometimes clean things up a bit. Bad game. Not a horrible game but a bad one from the offense and coaches. Sometimes you have a certain match up with certain teams. Two explosive offenses played two almost INDENTICAL games two years in a row. We came up on the short end this time. Try not to overthink it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
the Saints Dline with 4 rushers LIVED in the backfield..looked like they simply out hustled the entire offense.. against cant blame zeke when it looked like half the handoffs were being met behind the line..sad really..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He does look slow compared to other RBs. I think that’s why Moore doesn’t call more outside runs. He should have run some RPO for Dak.
3rd year in a row where Zeke hasn't showcased the same speed he possessed as a rookie, yet it's the people who see this who don't understand football. :lmao2:

Redline360

Reaction score
Good to great defensive teams dont fear DAK at all. Why Zeke constantly runs into brick walls all the time.

Not a hard concept to figure out.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
3rd year in a row where Zeke hasn't showcased the same speed he possessed as a rookie, yet it's the people who see this who don't understand football. :lmao2:

No, it's dullards like you who don't realize that any runningback met continuously behind the line of scrimmage, will not fare well. Zeke did look lethargic, but the line was no help at all.

toto1939

Reaction score
Don't know about you, but I sure didn't see any holes to run through

Of course, that is what happens when you refuse to throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No, it's dullards like you who don't realize that any runningback met continuously behind the line of scrimmage, will not fare well. Zeke did look lethargic, but the line was no help at all.
Like I said...we are on the 3rd year where Zeke's speed is being discussed, but thanks for calling me a dullard. Really appreciate that. You have a blessed day, fellow Cowboys fan.

erod

Reaction score
If you can't see that Zeke has lost a step, you're not paying attention. Sure, the Saints ganged up on the run last night and made it tough for him.

But Zeke hasn't been outrunning people in some time. He's still really good, but a home run threat? I don't think so anymore. I think he can still run top speed very well, but getting up to speed is taking him longer.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If you can't see that Zeke has lost a step, you're not paying attention. Sure, the Saints ganged up on the run last night and made it tough for him.

But Zeke hasn't been outrunning people in some time. He's still really good, but a home run threat? I don't think so anymore. I think he can still run top speed very well, but getting up to speed is taking him longer.
I'm thinking perhaps they didn't pay attention to his rookie year. :huh:

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Dak Zeke and Amari. All were no-shows.
You left off that wonder C*** talking moron on the D... something Lawrence......and I say Zeke needs to hold out the rest of the season, JJ didn't pay him near enough $$ seeing as HE thinks he's the best RB in the league.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Because you don’t understand football. You may be one of those guys that don’t understand that a RB doesn’t run full speed into defenders. The Saints were aggressive, close to the line. RB that are worth a crap run with patience and vision not speed that you feel matters. Rewatch this game, watch every Zeke run and watch how many defenders were on him.

He had no hole to run fast though.

what are you talking about? On a toss sweep you can hit it fast or slow it just depends on what’s there. When the hole is there he doesn’t explode through like a guy like Kamara. You can clearly tell he’s not as explosive as he was a few years ago. You must be blind.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Like I said...we are on the 3rd year where Zeke's speed is being discussed, but thanks for calling me a dullard. Really appreciate that. You have a blessed day, fellow Cowboys fan.

The team has Pollard. Why couldn't he be inserted to add burst. I shouldn't have called you dullards, but this is a team game. All moving parts must be in agreement in order for the offense to work. I admit, it seems like Zeke is looking for somewhere to fall on his runs, instead of looking for daylight.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The team has Pollard. Why couldn't he be inserted to add burst. I shouldn't have called you dullards, but this is a team game. All moving parts must be in agreement in order for the offense to work. I admit, it seems like Zeke is looking for somewhere to fall on his runs, instead of looking for daylight.
That's a good question. I am disappointed Pollard didn't get some touches. The first 3 games he got an entire series.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I guess you missed my comment of him running lethargic.