Zeke and Barkley, has he regressed?

Cap12

Reaction score
Based on what? Adrian Peterson has taken screens to the house before. At his old man age, he just had a 52 yard reception a week ago. He had 3 catches for 30 yards and a 10 yards a catch average in his last game. Looking at his averages early on in his career, pretty similar to Zeke - 60 yard TD reception his rookie year, a 63 yard reception his third year, averaging around 30 catches.

Pretty apt comparison, Zeke just isn't as good of a runner as AP.
Never said he was (though we may be telling a different story in 10 years). I'm talking about route running (which Zeke has not had the chance to show much here but did at Ohio St. AD was never much of a route runner). Peterson does not block like Zeke even on his best day. Zeke is a better all-round back. (c)ertainly at this point in Zeke's and AD's careers).

Cap12

Reaction score
It was posted in here already, a few pages back...

The claim was the same as last season, he was seeing a loaded box. But it's a myth, he wasn't seeing it anymore than most and it wast still above 50%.
Again, with the Nex Gen stats. Who cares? They don't take into account down and distance and offensive tendencies. They make guys like Gillslee and Stewart look more fearful than Zeke which is completley ridiculous. Remember a stacked box doesn't neccessarily mean 8 defenders.Zeke faces a stacked box more than a lot of guys because teams figure that Dak can't beat them. Thta was what the whole Landon Collins thing was about.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Never said he was (though we may be telling a different story in 10 years). I'm talking about route running (which Zeke has not had the chance to show much here but did at Ohio St. AD was never much of a route runner). Peterson does not block like Zeke even on his best day. Zeke is a better all-round back. (c)ertainly at this point in Zeke's and AD's careers).

Zeke was barely a pass catcher at Ohio State. Why revise history? Can you show me these routes he ran at Ohio State with the grand total of 53 catches in 3 years? And if he was running all these routes and how they loved to force feed him there, why didn't he end up with more catches/yards?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Again, with the Nex Gen stats. Who cares? They don't take into account down and distance and offensive tendencies. They make guys like Gillslee and Stewart look more fearful than Zeke which is completley ridiculous. Remember a stacked box doesn't neccessarily mean 8 defenders.Zeke faces a stacked box more than a lot of guys because teams figure that Dak can't beat them. Thta was what the whole Landon Collins thing was about.

LOL until you can hit back with another stat that supports what you're saying, we are done discussing this.

starfan1

Reaction score
Zeke was barely a pass catcher at Ohio State. Why revise history? Can you show me these routes he ran at Ohio State with the grand total of 53 catches in 3 years? And if he was running all these routes and how they loved to force feed him there, why didn't he end up with more catches/yards?
Let me guess you were on the Jalen Ramsey train?

Cap12

Reaction score
LOL until you can hit back with another stat that supports what you're saying, we are done discussing this.
I've given you my Carolina game stat and you've yet to be able to refuted it. My source is Broaddus. Who's your source?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
You folks really downplay running routes, even for an RB. If it was so easy, most RBs in the league would be great receivers. That just isn't how it works.

I'm sure Zeke could do something receiving here and there, even Peterson did once in a while. He doesn't seem to be an RB that has much versatility in that department though.

Zeke's caught something like 80% of his career targets. I think he's got the ability for an expanded role.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Yeah, Barkley looked great on Sunday night, NOT. I'm tired of this BS about Linehan. So far, he's having a better season than Shurmer. By the way, 5 yards per reception is pretty weak. Barkley's numbers are even worse per catch (which wouldn't be so bad).

5 yards per catch is indeed weak for a receiver, but when you're getting the ball dished to you behind the LOS, it's closer to a run play than a reception. He had 5.7 yards per catch total. Not all of those were flare passes, but the bulk of them were.

tico

Reaction score
Two underwhelming games by Zeke. I don't see anyone talking about how he has regressed or that we need to go get a RB in the first round next year.

You can see with Barkely that they are making the effort to design the entire offense around him. When you use a top 5 pick on a RB, that's exactly what you better do. Not much running lanes, but he caught 13 passes yesterday in an effort to do whatever they could to get the kid involved.

With Zeke all I really see is runs up the middle with no creativity. A couple passes here and there.
Wow bro pump the freaking breaks! He had 17 carries and 15 week 1.. You say draft 1st round but then you say it's the playcalling? He's fine and will lead the league again no worries, he gots this!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wow bro pump the freaking breaks! He had 17 carries and 15 week 1.. You say draft 1st round but then you say it's the playcalling? He's fine and will lead the league again no worries, he gots this!

Where did I say draft first round?

tico

Reaction score
Two underwhelming games by Zeke. I don't see anyone talking about how he has regressed or that we need to go get a RB in the first round next year.

You can see with Barkely that they are making the effort to design the entire offense around him. When you use a top 5 pick on a RB, that's exactly w/QUOTE]

You can see with Barkely that they are making the effort to design the entire offense around him. When you use a top 5 pick on a RB, that's exactly what you better do. Not much running lanes, but he caught 13 passes yesterday in an effort to do whatever they could to get the kid involved.

With Zeke all I really see is runs up the middle with no creativity. A couple passes here and there.
:facepalm::thumbup:

Cap12

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Zeke. As the line comes along, as Dak gets back into the swing of running the 2016 cutdown playbook and when Cowboys and finally gets to play against some teams with a bad interior run defense, Zeke's numbers will drastically improve. Unfortunately this won't start on Monday night.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Ridiculous to suggest he's regressed. Plenty of RB's would love to have 147 yards and two TD's through two games while averaging 4.6 per carry.

The reason Barkley got 14 catches is because Eli's the checkdown king because their WR's were swallowed up last night.
Exactly. This was going to be my exact response

Tussinman

Reaction score
Ridiculous to suggest he's regressed. Plenty of RB's would love to have 147 yards and two TD's through two games while averaging 4.6 per carry.
This.

Even with this dog**** offensive line he's on pace for double digit TD's and almost 1,200 yards.........

If they slightly bump his carry number (which historically they've done) even slightly by the midpoint of the season he's realistically looking at near 1,300 yards and over 10TD's........ (he might get 2nd team all-pro with an offensive line that isn't even top half in the league).

Cap12

Reaction score
This.

Even with this dog**** offensive line he's on pace for double digit TD's and almost 1,200 yards.........

If they slightly bump his carry number (which historically they've done) even slightly by the midpoint of the season he's realistically looking at near 1,300 yards and over 10TD's........ (he might get 2nd team all-pro with an offensive line that isn't even top half in the league).
It's not really a bad line. It's just not as good as you're used to having and not as cohesive yet. I have hopes that both Williams and Looney will improve and Collins will play more consistently.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Check down Eli