Signed by Cowboys Zeke and Cowboys have agreed to terms

NotForLong

Reaction score
Stevenson broke one.. though as I said.. it had more to do with the line or catching the other team in a bad defense. He went 64 yards right up the B gap without a defender laying a hand on him. The other factor is that Stevenson had Zeke to keep him fresh in his 12 starts. Once he went down the Pats didn't trust anybody else so it was all Zeke all the time. That and Zeke's starts all coming with Zappe at QB made all the difference. Jones was bad but he was at least a threat to pass no matter how small. Defenses pretty much ignored Zappe as a pass threat. And with good reason. Dude only topped 200 passing yards 3 times in his 6 starts and was under 100 yards (88) in the last game of the season. His 6 TD to 9 INTs had Pats fans chanting for Mac Jones to be brought back!

Nobody thinks Zeke is going to come in and be dominant.. but I don't think for a second he's gonna come in and fall on his face either.
Nice Ronnie. Good evaluation. You put the work in. Those are some serious factors.

I am expecting key TDs and 1st downs.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Where are you gonna get this developmental RB from? And if you do find one. Will he not just be another cog in the RB by committee

I for one wish we had Zeke in the goal line role last year. I realize the contract would not allow for it. But he is back now. Cowboys could get 750 yards and 12 TD out of him and I would be happy
Notice that Zeke had 0 4th down carries last year. Doesn't look like NWE used him as their short yardage back.

Zeke off the RB rotation means we have one more RB slot in which to churn RBs that come available. We didn't spend a pick, so just churn until we find a guy we like.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Good description. That's what they did basically as far as backing up to the trash pile.. They did it for retro-love pretty much. Who cares...?

Semantics aside, progress has pretty much stopped because of who is coaching and Q-Bing this team. Pretty dark times, not as bad as the early 2000s but it's not far off really if they continue. Hopefully it is just one year that they aren't moving forward and they are just trying to get away from the terrible contract of Dak and letting others ride off into the sunset. Probably giving them too much foresight. LOL
Dark times indeed. Even for those claiming "victory" because Dak hasn't been signed. I'm happy too...great...Dak won't be back...but who is taking his place?