Twitter: Zeke and Prescott fined for TD celebration

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's what gets me. It's like the NFL is saying, "hey! come watch stuff like this for entertainment!", and then turns around and punishes players for generating interest.
I thought that would happen when Zeke did it the first time, but I don't remember seeing any ads that featured the incident.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
If the Packers had come up with this Roger and his cronies would be giddy and would promote it like nothing else

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I thought that would happen when Zeke did it the first time, but I don't remember seeing any ads that featured the incident.

I think the league needs to either adjust and use this to its and the Salvation Army's advantage or remove the giant kettle. Imagine the goodwill it can engender if it just would change the fine into a "donation" for any player who includes the kettle in a celebration and then says it will also match the donation or that the owner of the team whose players are involved in the celebration will match it.

This is simply a good PR opportunity that the league is not taking advantage of. Fans enjoy the celebrations with the kettle and the networks show it multiple times. Turn it into something positive.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think the league needs to either adjust and use this to its and the Salvation Army's advantage or remove the giant kettle. Imagine the goodwill it can engender if it just would change the fine into a "donation" for any player who includes the kettle in a celebration and then says it will also match the donation or that the owner of the team whose players are involved in the celebration will match it.

This is simply a good PR opportunity that the league is not taking advantage of. Fans enjoy the celebrations with the kettle and the networks show it multiple times. Turn it into something positive.
I'd agree, except I think it would become so much of a distraction, it might actually cause game delays from guys all wanting to get in on the action. Maybe if they limit the celebrations to strictly guys who touched the ball or something. I'd say give it a shot, but on a trial basis, and if it gets out of hand, then replace the kettle with a big picture of the kettle on the wall or something.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
EarnestZanyDoe-size_restricted.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'd agree, except I think it would become so much of a distraction, it might actually cause game delays from guys all wanting to get in on the action. Maybe if they limit the celebrations to strictly guys who touched the ball or something. I'd say give it a shot, but on a trial basis, and if it gets out of hand, then replace the kettle with a big picture of the kettle on the wall or something.

Well, like with anything, it could get out of hand, but if officials keep the game moving along, they can't spend very long celebrating since the team has to set up for the extra point or two-point try. The possibility of a delay penalty could be a deterrent for any excessive celebrating.

ESisback

Reaction score
Maybe it would be better if instead they jumped into the stands. Or how about something fun and entertaining, like the entire team gathering in the end zone with a choreographed dance skit? This offensive, defiant Salvation Army thing at Jerry World MUST BE STOPPED!

terra

Reaction score
And Goofsmell is too stupid to figure out how this makes the NFL look like a bunch of turds

shabazz

Reaction score
I’d be willing to start a funding drive for both of those guys fines. I promise to cap my administrative costs at 17% which would still be lower than the Salvation Army’s administrative percentage.