Zeke, Bosa, or Ramsey. Who would you take

JustChip

Reaction score
And if you have a great offensive line that can allow a guy like Darren McFadden to register a 1,000+ yard season and improve his YPC from 3.4 (w/Raiders) to 4.6 (w/Cowboys) or help Alfred Morris go 550 yards at a 4.8 YPC, then drafting a RB at #4 is not good value.

Total yards and YPC can be deceiving. DMac and Alfred don't have the speed Zeke has.

In 2015 against GB, DM broke for what should've been a 65ish yard TD run, but was hauled down from behind at about the 15. IIRC, we ended up with a stinking field goal.

Last year, Morris broke for what should've been a 60 yard TD (I don't remember which game but it was at Arlington), but likewise was caught from behind.

In both cases, those would've been TDs with Zeke.

staubach24

Reaction score
Considering this team's makeup right now, Zeke is going to account for 70+% of the team's offensive output(rushing and recieving). I don't think that Bosa or Ramsey, as good and as they are, could make that claim on the defensive side of the ball. Simply put, if Zeke gets hurt, season is over.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Total yards and YPC can be deceiving. DMac and Alfred don't have the speed Zeke has.

In 2015 against GB, DM broke for what should've been a 65ish yard TD run, but was hauled down from behind at about the 15. IIRC, we ended up with a stinking field goal.

Last year, Morris broke for what should've been a 60 yard TD (I don't remember which game but it was at Arlington), but likewise was caught from behind.

Lol, no offense but why can't you guys see the forest through the trees?

NOBODY is claiming McFadden or Morris is Zeke's equal.

I'm pointing out this offense line made rejuvinated two middling and aged (relatively speaking) RBs into productive players.

JustChip

Reaction score
Lol, no offense but why can't you guys see the forest through the trees?

NOBODY is claiming McFadden or Morris is Zeke's equal.

I'm pointing out this offense line made rejuvinated two middling and aged (relatively speaking) RBs into productive players.

I guess it's like me wife the first time she went to the Petrified Forest in Arizona - she couldn't see no forest cause the trees were all laying on the ground and buried. :)

I understand what you're saying and there is truth to it. However, my point is that, just as in 2015 post-DeMarco, the oft-stated "any back will be successful behind this line", while true in most terms of success, does not make the team successful.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I guess it's like me wife the first time she went to the Petrified Forest in Arizona - she couldn't see no forest cause the trees were all laying on the ground and buried. :)

I understand what you're saying and there is truth to it. However, my point is that, just as in 2015 post-DeMarco, the oft-stated "any back will be successful behind this line", while true in most terms of success, does not make the team successful.

Team success is a second-order question. The point being discussed is this o-line's ability to make average RBs look good/be productive, which they demonstratively have proven. I think we agree on that.

Yes, the post-Demarco 2015 wasn't successful, but there are clear factors as to why. Namely, Romo's injury and the subpar play of his replacements (Weeden, Cassel, and Moore).

This team can't/won't ever succeed without quality QB play regardless of whom the running back is. That's true of most teams unless your team has some stellar contributing aspect to it like the 2000 Ravens or SB winning Bucaneers.

jay94

Reaction score

You could make this same argument with the other two players, example, we have Bosa Rodgers doesn't have all day to throw and therefore we have a much greater chance of winning on an every down basis and the same with better coverage and maybe even causing a turnover or even somehow flipping 14 points, even just pass deflections on crucial third downs would be amazing too.

kskboys

Reaction score
Out of the 3, I would take Bosa, then EZ, then Ramsey.

JustChip

Reaction score
You could make this same argument with the other two players, example, we have Bosa Rodgers doesn't have all day to throw and therefore we have a much greater chance of winning on an every down basis and the same with better coverage and maybe even causing a turnover or even somehow flipping 14 points, even just pass deflections on crucial third downs would be amazing too.

I agree - I was just addressing the thought that any ole RB will work with this OL. That might be the case, but it doesn't necessarily mean we win.

BTW, I wanted Ramsey (Bosa wasn't available at our pick) because I'm a defense first person. I was ok with Zeke, just not my first choice.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Zeke but a RB- even a really good one usually loses his effectiveness after about 6-8 years. So based on the odds, either Ramsey or Bosa will probably have a much longer career at the top of their game. That’s why many “experts” would say you should take Ramsey instead of Zeke. The only way the Zeke pick proves to be better is if they get some playoff glory the next three years,