Video: Zeke can't even sniff this level of play

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cook and McCaffrey are both little scat backs who need to play within a system that keeps them in space. These guys are Lance Dunbar types. Different style of player completely.
You might want to take a closer look at both of those backs. They can go between the tackles as well as Elliott.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
On one play last week to the outside he cut right into the tackle instead of setting up his block and cutting outside.

He is NOT patient and isnt very good at setting up blocks.

That run bugged the heck out of me the block was set all he had to do was take it to the sideline, it's a running backs dream, but he took it back inside and looked for a guy to hit.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair, zeke would look pretty good in a highlight video too.
Yep, he's had some good runs and he's a good RB. We can put Jim Brown, Gayle Sayers, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Tony Dorsett, Eric Dickerson, OJ Simpson, Earl Campbell and LaDainian Tomlinson highlight reels up here and Elliott will pale by comparison.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Cook and McCaffrey are both little scat backs who need to play within a system that keeps them in space. These guys are Lance Dunbar types. Different style of player completely.

McCaffrey has never carried a full time load until this year, he needs to show he can hold up to the pounding before anyone mentions him in the same sentence as Zeke. Also if you look at his high carry games this year he feasted against bad defenses like Arizona and Jacksonville, last week he had 22 carries for 31 yards against Tampa Bay.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Zeke actually a good game on Sunday, but I watch other RB's all week and marvel at their ability to make plays. To make cuts and make guys miss. If Zeke doesnt have big holes he doesnt go. And even when he does, they are marginal gains. On one play last week to the outside he cut right into the tackle instead of setting up his block and cutting outside.

He is NOT patient and isnt very good at setting up blocks.
Something is wrong with Zeke because he isnt the same player he was in 2016. I suspect he is hitting the bottle too much or eating too much junk food. His vision to find the hole isnt there. And he isnt as fast.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCaffrey has never carried a full time load until this year, he needs to show he can hold up to the pounding before anyone mentions him in the same sentence as Zeke. Also if you look at his high carry games this year he feasted against bad defenses like Arizona and Jacksonville, last week he had 22 carries for 31 yards against Tampa Bay.
And Elliott ran against what D's?

dfense

Reaction score
Cook is a scatback? lol 210lbs, same as Emmitt the scatback. lol. I'll take any size back that averages 5.4yards a carry,

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This place has deteriorated to the level of the Eagles fans forum due to threads like this.

Zeke sucks right now. He’s earned this.

It’s not all his fault because we never get to see him operate in space but even when he gets to the 3rd level of the defense he hunts down the safety and gets tackled instead of runnningnto space.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You don't go from being the best in the league. To average without something else happening. I'm blaming the offensive line not injuries. Attitude they don't want to play for this coach no one can make me believe otherwise . An opponent gets in your quarterbacks face and you do nothing about it. You let him get beat up like you did last week.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sweet Jesus.....you're right he didn't do much is 1st 3....neither did Jerry, Jimmy or the rest of 'em. That point is irrelevant about Dak unable to carry his jockstrap.
Romo was the king of choking. Aikman nor Dak could touch that. How do you like them apples?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
How many of those runs would be called back in today's NFL? Phantom penalties everywhere.

aria

Reaction score
Lol, you do realize Zeke hasn’t even faced a top 15 rush defense yet and has “feasted” off the worst teams in the league, right? The best run defense he played, New Orleans at a whopping 16th, shut him down.

McAffrey also has more carries than the Ewok and almost double the receptions.

aria

Reaction score
You don't go from being the best in the league. To average without something else happening. I'm blaming the offensive line not injuries. Attitude they don't want to play for this coach no one can make me believe otherwise . An opponent gets in your quarterbacks face and you do nothing about it. You let him get beat up like you did last week.
Ohhhh...so now Elliott gets the O line excuse? Why didn’t Barkley get that excuse last year?

This is part of the reason you don’t pay a RB as much money as the Cowboys did. As I’ve always said, Zeke only goes as far as the O line. If he needs wide open holes to gain yards then we should have stuck with Pollard. You pay elite money to elite players who are game changers. Zeke is average without an All Pro O line.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ohhhh...so now Elliott gets the O line excuse? Why didn’t Barkley get that excuse last year?

This is part of the reason you don’t pay a RB as much money as the Cowboys did. As I’ve always said, Zeke only goes as far as the O line. If he needs wide open holes to gain yards then we should have stuck with Pollard. You pay elite money to elite players who are game changers. Zeke is average without an All Pro O line.
I'm not making any excuses. The fact of the matter is is yardages down and Prescott's taking a beating. Something's wrong with the offensive line mentally motivationally preparation. If you don't see it oh well

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is better than all of them. If we get back on track, Zeke will be a big part of it. We're fortunate to have him. How soon we forget.