Video: Zeke can't even sniff this level of play

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let me just say this. It is not fair to compare Zeke to Emmitt. Zeke can be an all time great back and still not be comparable. That's not a knock, that's just the truth of it, which is why I think it's stupid for our fan base to make statements that suggest he is as good or the best or whatever the case. It only hurts the kid. When Zeke's career is over, then we can compare but at this time, he's a good young player but time will ultimately determine his rank in the League.
I have always said. Statistics are for the end of a man's career. They should not be brought up every week. They change to drastically throughout seasons. Other than Vegas. I totally agree

khiladi

Reaction score
Emmitt is top 3 of all time... Emmitt’s vision and quick burst to hit the hokes right when opening, while lacking break-away speed, were among the greatest ever.

Longevity wise he’s the GOAT. When talking about Emmitt, comparisons are guys like Sanders and OJ Simpson.

visionary

Reaction score
Emmitt is top 3 of all time... Emmitt’s vision and quick burst to hit the hokes right when opening, while lacking break-away speed, were among the greatest ever.

Longevity wise he’s the GOAT. When talking about Emmitt, comparisons are guys like Sanders and OJ Simpson.

not sure about OJ but I’m taking Emmitt everyday over Sanders

khiladi

Reaction score
not sure about OJ but I’m taking Emmitt everyday over Sanders

Sanders numbers were aided by a dome stadium and artificial turf, but come playoff time, in cold weather, he wasn’t a factor on grass.

That being said, comparing Zeke to Emmitt is comparing a talented back you one of the all time greats. It doesn’t mean much overall. To compare yourself to Emmitt, you got to have a whole career of excellence. You are talking guys like Sanders, Brown, Dickerson... legends

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

More like Sweetness and Jim Brown IMO but I agree with you.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Emmitt managed to maintain the ability to elude free defenders with subtle moves, lateral quickness and just guile. That allowed him to play at a respectable level late into his career. Zeke needs to figure this out and adjust. The battering ram types tend to fall off a cliff in a blink.
Why is anyone comparing any RB to the best, Emmitt?

Zeke is Zeke, and he’s a damn good RB in his own right. He’ll never be Emmitt. Nobody most likely will ever be. But to call out Zeke is dumb.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That run bugged the heck out of me the block was set all he had to do was take it to the sideline, it's a running backs dream, but he took it back inside and looked for a guy to hit.

Good, you remember that EXACT play. Yah, I just dont get it. Down the sideline was wide open.

hopemsu

Reaction score
He would have carried Aikman, Emmitt & the OL to 6 SBs. It’s kind of pathetic they only won 3.

Aikman’s stats aren’t worthy of the praise.. those SB teams were just that... GOOD TEAMS.

good defenses for sure, best rb ever, HOF receiver, the list goes on and on.. to say dak needs every thing perfect around him to win anything is in denial that Troy didn’t require the exact same thing.. btw take a look at the patriots defensive stats this year, in any given year. Brady isn’t winning super bowls because they are scoring 55 pts a game.. patriots are winning super bowls because they are a complete TEAM. Mahommes will not win a super bowl until his team plays good defense. This isn’t that hard to figure out.

Praxit

Reaction score
Emmit was Dorsett 2.0. Only with better agility and OL.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
In the fourth quarter on Sunday, Zeke was the most focused on the field for us.