Zeke contract details

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And......

This team could not spend $1 million more and sign Zack Moss a couple months ago.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yall love to hate and complain lmao
This is complaint worthy.

The team is taking a large cap hit already on Zeke because at that time, they concluded he was not good enough and certainly not worth the cap hit.

And then a few years later, despite him playing WORSE, they bring him back and Jerry is out there claiming they expect good things from him.

LOL.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
That's about all this board is anymore. Anyone who speaks positivity is immediately piled on by all the so-called "fans" telling them how horrible everything is.
Well, what exactly could be called "good" or "super" at the moment? The only thing I can think of are two draft picks for the o line.

What else? Please elaborate.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Moss' cap hit is 3 million this year and 5 million in 2025.
But he is a number one back, something Zeke no longer is.

Actually I am happy Zeke is back, he still offers a lot near the goal line and should be a tremendous leader in the RB room. But all the Cowboys had to do was spend a little more money and imagine if they had both Moss and Zeke.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Are we the only team in NFL history to be paying a guy for two different contracts while he's on the roster?
I was wondering the same thing. If not it is crazy rare. Fat boy shows up in two spots on the spreadsheet. Dead money line and active contract line. Insanity.

Jarntt

Reaction score
This is nitpicking of course. But isn't he a 6 million dead cap? Then add the 3 he's being paid this year. I don't expect much, but I wish him the best.
To be even more nitpicky ;) Yes, $6M dead money but this structure would only count $2M to this years cap not $3M

Jarntt

Reaction score
And......

This team could not spend $1 million more and sign Zack Moss a couple months ago.
You can make the argument they should have signed Moss, but to be clear this is a 1 year $2M contract for Zeke with the potential for incentives to kick in (they won't IMO) but they won't hit this years cap either way. Moss got a what is very likely to be a 2 year $8M contract. So, while you again can say we should have signed Moss instead or shouldn't have signed Zeke, the contracts are pretty different from a cap perspective.

Adreme

Reaction score
This is how every contract for every position should be structured.
Then you will get a roster of past their prime players because no top players would sign a deal like that and good luck winning with no talent.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
So it’s a 1 year 2 million dollar deal unless he’s injured and then he could lose up to 375k. No way he meets the 1 million in incentives.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean….he doesn’t seem to be with the extra million. Seems like the deal Zeke got is what he should’ve got.
I think it's Zacks second year that squashed the deal. He has a base salary of 3million with a prorated bonus of 1.5 next year. At the time there was a good chance they would take a RB in the draft if they right one was available so they probably didn't want to do a 2 year deal.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

So he does have incentives. Those seem like good marks. The yards may be out of reach, but the TDs aren't necessarily.

This contract actually is more like I was expecting, a $2 million cap number with another million in incentives. That's pretty reasonable IMO.

Now, that doesn't mean we couldn't have better addressed the position, just that it's reasonable for what we did.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So it’s a 1 year 2 million dollar deal unless he’s injured and then he could lose up to 375k. No way he meets the 1 million in incentives.
I don't think the playing time and TD incentives are out of reach. Actually, the 1,100 scrimmage yards might not be, either. That's rushing and receiving yards. He had 957 for the Patriots last year and that didn't include any playoff games.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We were already paying him 6 mil in dead money. Adding a modest deal on top is all about getting something for that dead money investment
When he's on the roster it's no longer "dead" money so you have no point. You just want to be mad about something for the sake of being mad about something.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So he does have incentives. Those seem like good marks. The yards may be out of reach, but the TDs aren't necessarily.

This contract actually is more like I was expecting, a $2 million cap number with another million in incentives. That's pretty reasonable IMO.

Now, that doesn't mean we couldn't have better addressed the position, just that it's reasonable for what we did.
Since it's scrimmage yards it's including his receiving yards as well. 955 last year with the Patriots, their OL was awful and he didn't get a good dose of carries until the back half of the year.