Twitter: Zeke convo w coaches: They know (the run game) is very important to our offense

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m sure there will be plenty of those types of meetings
We need the run game to be a bit more creative
In my opinion, Prescott demonstrated pretty good execution with runs setting up playaction during the first three weeks of last season. Then we got away from it consistently. I am all for flexibility for mixing up run selection, especially on first and second down. It should make defenses guess more and get victimized by playaction opportunities more.

conner01

Reaction score
In my opinion, Prescott demonstrated pretty good execution with runs setting up playaction during the first three weeks of last season. Then we got away from it consistently. I am all for flexibility for mixing up run selection, especially on first and second down. It should make defenses guess more and get victimized by playaction opportunities more.
I saw a stat on play action that was pretty cool
We was 7-1 in games with 29% or more play action
That’s a very good reason to run more play action and makes you wonder why we didn’t in the other 8 games or Atleast some of them

aria

Reaction score
I wouldn’t and didn’t trust anything we saw in the first three weeks of last season. 3 teams in the bottom 5 of the league...pretty sure we could have run anything and looked good. Hell, Pollard and Zeke both had a 100+ yard game against Miami.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Corso, he demanded to be paid the best so that’s the standard we hold him to and he came up short in more ways than one.

He had the 2nd most carries yet was 4th in total yards and that was running behind the 2nd best run blocking O line in the league. The 3 running backs ahead of him had the 4th, 11th and 17th best run blocking O lines. Fournette played one less game, had 35 less carries, and averaged .2 less ypc behind the 27th “best” run blocking line in the league.

I see guys like McAffrey running all over the field on longer passing routes and never heard of him tapping out. I saw Henry bust off 30+ yard runs and jog back to the huddle like he was taking a stroll through Central Park. People want Zeke to be more involved in the passing game yet he can’t handle running the ball and standing there throwing a block between running plays.

Zeke’s talk and ego is bigger than his noggin which is almost impossible to believe. One of the worst contracts in Cowboys history. I can’t wait for this chump to be off our roster.
I'm convinced.

aria

Reaction score
I'm convinced.
I knew we’d agree one way or the other! You actually almost had me turn the corner on the Ewok.
Just give it another season or two and you really will be unsarcastically convinced :) Hell, it may even happen this off season when the knuckle head does something else stupid.

Corso

Reaction score
I knew we’d agree one way or the other! You actually almost had me turn the corner on the Ewok.
Just give it another season or two and you really will be unsarcastically convinced :) Hell, it may even happen this off season when the knuckle head does something else stupid.
I never wanted to turn your corner.

aria

Reaction score
Some follow rules, some follow life.
So deep...I’m gonna go ponder that for the rest of the night, I hope it beings a new awakening in my jacked up life. Have a wonderful evening Mr. Corso!

Corso

Reaction score
So deep...I’m gonna go ponder that for the rest of the night, I hope it beings a new awakening in my jacked up life. Have a wonderful evening Mr. Corso!
Don't let DLaw read it, or he'll put it on a Hotboyz t-shirt and confuse people even further.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
:laugh:okay.

Perhaps I should have been more long-winded and added the "That’s how we want to start football games" Elliott's quote ended with as what I was referring to and not the expected four-quarter run game per week. :muttley:

29% of Zeke's runs were in the 1st. 31% in the 2nd.

He got 60% of his runs at the start of the game.

Those numbers say you are dead wrong but I'm sure you'll still claim you have a point

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Fact alert!

We ran 301 times with Zeke. That's 2 off the league lead.

Add in another 86 from Pollard and the claim that we aren't running is pretty much dead.

It's incredible to think DeMarco had 449 touches (392 carries ) in 2014.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
29% of Zeke's runs were in the 1st. 31% in the 2nd.

He got 60% of his runs at the start of the game.

Those numbers say you are dead wrong but I'm sure you'll still claim you have a point
Good grief. I am "wrong".

Humans. Sheesh.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Speaking of run game. Check this out SR.
o_O
3n8moh.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
One full offseason of NFL training for Pollard should make a difference. Just needs a little more weight and power. Add that to his great contact balance and speed, and he can be breaking tackles for big chunks.

I hope we get on board with the trend for QB running, and multi runthreat, misdirection teams. We're really set for it next year.

Fredbeard healthy. McGovern competing for LG with Williams. Maybe they situationally split time, McGovern/Williams run/pass? Collins is just on the edge of the Pro Bowl.

There's just so much to work with on the offense.