Zeke, Dak, Dez

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Are these going to be the new triplets at some point?

Gotta love those first names.

My thoughts from last nights game:

1. Sorry Romo, but personally I am done with the Romo thing. Love Romo and I have been his biggest supporter and defended him against all haters. I just cant stand saying "If Romo stays healthy" one more time.

2. Dak was great again. And against the defense on the road even without Dez. The poise. And unlike Romo, he knows when to throw the ball in the dirt and play another day. Never seen a rookie QB this good this fast. Let Romo start and when he gets hurt lets not look back.

3. Russel Wilson is amazing. He has definitely come of age. That cat can ball.

4. I was impressed that the defense held their own in the first half.

5. Wilcox is the worst safety I have EVER seen. Him and Heath together is like a open door.

6. Chaz Green is horrid. Way too slow. Anyone that doesnt run right into him he has to hold or gets by him. Lets pray he never has to play.

7. Zeke looked great. Loved the fire and the physical nature. You can tell they are going to hand him the rock and pound the ball. We basically ran over them that second drive and they couldnt stop it. Did just enough to make me smile and didnt do too much to cause him to move up in Fantasy. Im happy. Should definitely be able to get him with the 7th pick at least. Probably lower.

8. Seattle is a complete team. QB, run game, great coaching, great QB, attitude.

9. It was nice for me to see Micheals running well for them. I always thought he was a better back than the hapless McChicken.

10. Sorry, gotta get this one in. My favorite moment of the game was when Dak was closing out the 2nd half on the 2 minute drill and called the first timeout and ran over towards the sideline. He was talking with Linehan and you could see Garrett trying to get his attention and get a word in edgewise and was completely ignored. Lets not have any more illusions about who handles the offense now. Garrett is where he should be. Sitting there patting fannies and clapping and that is it.

:clap:

Last edited:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Disagree on Green. Thought he held up better than expected. He isn't Tyrone, but he was holding his own. Dak had great protection with the 1s.

Micheals plays well every preseason--it's a running joke (pun intended)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Disagree on Green. Thought he held up better than expected. He isn't Tyrone, but he was holding his own. Dak had great protection with the 1s.

Micheals plays well every preseason--it's a running joke (pun intended)

Green stinks buddy. You need to rewatch everything and rewind the plays. Just because a guy doenst get beat EVERY play doesn't qualify as holding his own.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Zeke was THE FREAK that I only recognize him as...

&

CMike vindicated me for one game. My fellow fans were rough on my thick skin last year regarding my boy CMike.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
In practice mocks Zeke is still going way high in the first. generally first back off the board If you want him, your going to have to grab him fast.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Green stinks buddy. You need to rewatch everything and rewind the plays. Just because a guy doenst get beat EVERY play doesn't qualify as holding his own.
My assessment of Green is that he is exactly as prescribed. Young, rough around the edges, but making strides this year towards becoming a serviceable backup. That's what I'm seeing. I'm not ready to call him the next anything because he is still showing some raw tendencies here & there is but he hasn't looked like garbage in any sense.

Perhaps he continues to improve and challenges for a starting spot next year. That's not out of the realm of possibility.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
In practice mocks Zeke is still going way high in the first. generally first back off the board If you want him, your going to have to grab him fast.

I have the 4th pick and have no problems taking Zeke over Gurley. That second drive last night cemented my decision. I see a phenom!

Ashwynn

Reaction score
I am leaning that way too I think, We dont draft till after the last game, but he probably wont play a lot in that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My assessment of Green is that he is exactly as prescribed. Young, rough around the edges, but making strides this year towards becoming a serviceable backup. That's what I'm seeing. I'm not ready to call him the next anything because he is still showing some raw tendencies here & there is but he hasn't looked like garbage in any sense.

Perhaps he continues to improve and challenges for a starting spot next year. That's not out of the realm of possibility.

We are not that far off. I see a guy that was a waste of a 3rd round pick thus far and has a loooooong way to go before he can ever be anyting close to quality starter. What do I care if the guy can become a serviceable backup.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score

I honestly don't get this assessment.....I've literally watched every snap from him. Has he been pathetic in a few instance's of play? Maybe......

But he has way more better than average plays......he loses his conditioning and bad plays happen, that I'll give. But when 71, 72, 70 are in the line up- it's a complete different story.....he stoned walled his side last night in pass protection more than not

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We are not that far off. I see a guy that was a waste of a 3rd round pick thus far and has a loooooong way to go before he can ever be anyting close to quality starter. What do I care if the guy can become a serviceable backup.
It's really too early to tell either way. I would just give the guy one more year of learning, conditioning, and possibly seeing some spot duty at the NFL level before starting any bonfires. (& I was one of those that said WTH is this in the 3rd when we drafted him). He has something. It just might take some time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's really too early to tell either way. I would just give the guy one more year of learning, conditioning, and possibly seeing some spot duty at the NFL level before starting any bonfires. (& I was one of those that said WTH is this in the 3rd when we drafted him). He has something. It just might take some time.

I wouldnt cut him. But he doesnt look good. And when you are simply too slow that doesnt bode well for your future.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I honestly don't get this assessment.....I've literally watched every snap from him. Has he been pathetic in a few instance's of play? Maybe......

But he has way more better than average plays......he loses his conditioning and bad plays happen, that I'll give. But when 71, 72, 70 are in the line up- it's a complete different story.....he stoned walled his side last night in pass protection more than not

NO biggie, we just see two completely different things. You gloss over the bad plays and focus on only the plays he has no issues. I see a guy that if he had to play would probably give up 4 sacks a game and 3 or 4 holding penalties.

And how can you gloss over conditioning? NO big deal? Seems more like he has been this way even in college. Played only part time. So now we have to hope he turns his life around too?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I wouldnt cut him. But he doesnt look good. And when you are simply too slow that doesnt bode well for your future.
Having played the position he's playing (former guard & tackle), I keyed in on him from the starting bell this preseason. In short, game 1 was horrid. In games 2 and 3, he began to show me a few things. You just have to remember that everyone makes the transition at different speeds. On one extreme, you have the Daks of the world that dive right in head first. On the opposite extreme, you have a guy like Chaz that's just going to slowly inch more & more of his body into the water feet 1st. It is what it is but, based upon what I've seen, I will continue to watch him & hope he continues to improve every single game.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
The guys that dont like me are homers like you that cant handle the truth. If it wasnt for angry homers there would never be any problems on here. Look you cant even have a normal conversation without using words like idiot and cursing.

Im right and you cant take it. I really dont care. You got rammed with reality yesterday and now your crying about it. Too bad for you.

The only reason I'm being harsh with you is because you were antagonizing me--telling me I was crying and the like. I give people what they give me.

If you speak to me with respect, you'll get it back. Even if we disagree.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The reality of a preseason game. :laugh:
We really are hard up for football. ;)

sbark

Reaction score

so .............if one were to concentrate solely on this you tube, you' then also conclude Tyrone "stinks" also?

Green is a kid that missed a year, essentially is a rookie in the NFL....................can anyone go back to Tryon's rookie year and did up some tape to compare?
Jury's out on Green, but not the time to lay the "carp" or "groz" line on him yet.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LETS LAY OFF THE NAMECALLING/INSULTS PERSONAL ATTACKS PLEASE.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are these going to be the new triplets at some point?

Gotta love those first names.

My thoughts from last nights game:

1. Sorry Romo, but personally I am done with the Romo thing. Love Romo and I have been his biggest supporter and defended him against all haters. I just cant stand saying "If Romo stays healthy" one more time.

2. Dak was great again. And against the defense on the road even without Dez. The poise. And unlike Romo, he knows when to throw the ball in the dirt and play another day. Never seen a rookie QB this good this fast. Let Romo start and when he gets hurt lets not look back.

3. Russel Wilson is amazing. He has definitely come of age. That cat can ball.

4. I was impressed that the defense held their own in the first half.

5. Wilcox is the worst safety I have EVER seen. Him and Heath together is like a open door.

6. Chaz Green is horrid. Way too slow. Anyone that doesnt run right into him he has to hold or gets by him. Lets pray he never has to play.

7. Zeke looked great. Loved the fire and the physical nature. You can tell they are going to hand him the rock and pound the ball. We basically ran over them that second drive and they couldnt stop it. Did just enough to make me smile and didnt do too much to cause him to move up in Fantasy. Im happy. Should definitely be able to get him with the 7th pick at least. Probably lower.

8. Seattle is a complete team. QB, run game, great coaching, great QB, attitude.

9. It was nice for me to see Micheals running well for them. I always thought he was a better back than the hapless McChicken.

10. Sorry, gotta get this one in. My favorite moment of the game was when Dak was closing out the 2nd half on the 2 minute drill and called the first timeout and ran over towards the sideline. He was talking with Linehan and you could see Garrett trying to get his attention and get a word in edgewise and was completely ignored. Lets not have any more illusions about who handles the offense now. Garrett is where he should be. Sitting there patting fannies and clapping and that is it.

:clap:

Yes. It's always great when your head coach is ignored and powerless.

Reactions: BAT

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think Green needs to make huge strides this year if he wants to stick. The book on him was big talent, doesn't work hard enough. In the NFL, everybody has big talent. It's the other stuff that makes them successful.

On a side note, lets not get too personal over this discussion. While both sides have valid points, you don't get anywhere unless the discussion is civil on both sides. Thank you in advance.