Zeke Elliot may be JUST a RB, but...

RS12

Reaction score
Too many other needs. Like him 15-20, not where the Cowboys will draft.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Too many other needs. Like him 15-20, not where the Cowboys will draft.

Just a thought. We need talent, would a trade back and pick up extra picks to get Elliot a more better option? Or stay put and just grab best available talent

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just a thought. We need talent, would a trade back and pick up extra picks to get Elliot a more better option? Or stay put and just grab best available talent

Gotta be a guy there teams will want to trade up that high for. Bosa amd Tunsil will likely be gone, you take Goff if he is there no matter what IMO, and Ramsey, Stanley and Treadwell probably arent worth trading up from top 15 to top 5.

I could be wrong, but a worthwhile trade down might be tough unless you arent drafting Goff. And if Goff is there Im not awnsering the phone

texbumthelife

Reaction score
You wouldn't have a problem taking him if we're picking top 5? Dude.. He's good but come on..

Fills a need with an elite talent. If we pick top five, I would expect and hope we took one of the elite defenders, but I wouldn't complain at all if we took Elliot.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Gotta be a guy there teams will want to trade up that high for. Bosa amd Tunsil will likely be gone, you take Goff if he is there no matter what IMO, and Ramsey, Stanley and Treadwell probably arent worth trading up from top 15 to top 5.

I could be wrong, but a worthwhile trade down might be tough unless you arent drafting Goff. And if Goff is there Im not awnsering the phone

I agree

Hardline

Reaction score
I may be the biggest Zeke jock sniffer here and no way I take him that high.
If I am picking 15 to 20 I absolutely take him.

Derrick Henry would be a great consolation prize. I have seen several mocks that have him going at the top of the 2nd round .

AzorAhai

Reaction score
If you look at last years class he's a tier below Gurley. With that said, he is easily at least a tier above Gordon and Yeldon. Probably two tiers. Gordon was over rated and over drafted. I would not feel comfortable with taking Elliott top 5. He is probably going to go somewhere in the 15-20 range.

I don't see a scenario where I want to pass on any of Bosa, Ramsey, Hargreaves, Goff or Lynch in a trade down scenario without being absolutely blown away either.

RS12

Reaction score
If you look at last years class he's a tier below Gurley. With that said, he is easily at least a tier above Gordon and Yeldon. Probably two tiers. Gordon was over rated and over drafted. I would not feel comfortable with taking Elliott top 5. He is probably going to go somewhere in the 15-20 range.

I don't see a scenario where I want to pass on any of Bosa, Ramsey, Hargreaves, Goff or Lynch in a trade down scenario without being absolutely blown away either
This

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
We gonna suck next year too.. Build trenches and draft Chubb or Fournette next year.

ghst187

Reaction score
...Zeke Elliot is a game changer.

I agree, bell cow. IMO we either take Elliot or a QB with our first pick if it's as high as we think it will be. There really aren't any other good options. Sure Ramsey would be great but we HAVE to have a franchise RB and get back to how we played last year or a QB, possibly AND a QB, for the future. If we have a top 8 pick, RB or QB are the only choices IMO.

RS12

Reaction score
We gonna suck next year too.. Build trenches and draft Chubb or Fournette next year.

Chubb ended up wearing his knee backwards. Thats a huge question mark of the Lattimore variety.

RS12

Reaction score
I agree, bell cow. IMO we either take Elliot or a QB with our first pick if it's as high as we think it will be. There really aren't any other good options. Sure Ramsey would be great but we HAVE to have a franchise RB and get back to how we played last year or a QB, possibly AND a QB, for the future. If we have a top 8 pick, RB or QB are the only choices IMO.

Look you make a lot of sense but you would rather have ton o baggage Hardy back for a lot of money than Bosa? If Lynch and Goff are gone, you need to look hard at pass rush.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score

I don't see a scenario where I want to pass on any of Bosa, Ramsey, Hargreaves, Goff or Lynch in a trade down scenario without being absolutely blown away either.

Man, if we end up with a top 5 pick I would be happy with any one of those 5 ! That would be a win win for Dallas. If both of the QBs are gone, that would leave a great talent at either CB or DE - which are top positions of need (If they decide not to bring back Hardy). And we would not have to force a QB if those 2 are gone. Could look at trading down if they could fleece some team for picks, but I would be content to take any one of those 3 and then look to a second tier QB in the high second round.
After today, where do we stand draft position wise. 2nd or 3rd ? Behind Tennessee ?

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Man, if we end up with a top 5 pick I would be happy with any one of those 5 ! That would be a win win for Dallas. If both of the QBs are gone, that would leave a great talent at either CB or DE - which are top positions of need (If they decide not to bring back Hardy). And we would not have to force a QB if those 2 are gone. Could look at trading down if they could fleece some team for picks, but I would be content to take any one of those 3 and then look to a second tier QB in the high second round.
After today, where do we stand draft position wise. 2nd or 3rd ? Behind Tennessee ?

Im not sure about where we are currently. If the 49ers pull out the win against Arizona we'll probably be 4th. If Baltimore wins against the Browns combined with a 49er win that likely puts us in 3rd. Even though it would keep us in 4th for now, we should really be rooting for Cleveland to win. We want Cleveland and the 49ers to win as much as possible.