Zeke Elliot may be JUST a RB, but...

ghst187

Reaction score
Look you make a lot of sense but you would rather have ton o baggage Hardy back for a lot of money than Bosa? If Lynch and Goff are gone, you need to look hard at pass rush.

Well the problem is that you only get to pick top ten once a decade or so, unless you are Cleveland or Jax, so when you do you need to grab a franchise player. A QB, if one is good and worth taking, is a no brainier considering how important the position is. A bell cow RB IMO, if one is available, is worth a lot more than a good pass rusher because he will touch the ball and affect the game more than a pass rusher or safety. Last year we had crap for safeties and pass rushers but won because our offense controlled the clock.

Sydla

Reaction score
Fills a need with an elite talent. If we pick top five, I would expect and hope we took one of the elite defenders, but I wouldn't complain at all if we took Elliot.

I would because Elliot isn't a top 5 talent in this draft. We've *****ed for years about drafting for need instead of BPA. If the Cowboys have a Top 5 pick and took Elliott that would be a need pick and not BPA.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
If he is there when we on the clock he has to be the pick & I hope he is there.

Well I've got good news, and I've got bad news. Good news is he will absolutely be there when the Cowboys pick. Bad news is, he will be there after the Cowboys pick. The Cowboys are not taking a RB in the top 5-7 of this draft. Sorry to break it to you.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Well I've got good news, and I've got bad news. Good news is he will absolutely be there when the Cowboys pick. Bad news is, he will be there after the Cowboys pick. The Cowboys are not taking a RB in the top 5-7 of this draft. Sorry to break it to you.

Well I hope you ain't considering QB in this draft, not top 5, Dlinemen that will be available are better options.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Well I hope you ain't considering QB in this draft, not top 5, Dlinemen that will be available are better options.

They'll draft a LB top 5-7 before they draft a RB from this class. Gurley is easily a tier above Zeke. Top 5 player in the draft tier. Zeke is in the 15-20 range. Thats why Gurley went 10th. Your only shot at Zeke being a Cowboy is in a trade down scenario.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just a thought. We need talent, would a trade back and pick up extra picks to get Elliot a more better option? Or stay put and just grab best available talent

I would be ok with it as of now if there is no QB available.

Right now it's all about QB.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
They'll draft a LB top 5-7 before they draft a RB from this class. Gurley is easily a tier above Zeke. Top 5 player in the draft tier. Zeke is in the 15-20 range. Thats why Gurley went 10th. Your only shot at Zeke being a Cowboy is in a trade down scenario.

The linebacker from Notre Dame, trade down scenario into the 10-15 getting an extra pick and Zeke sounds good to me, even a QB. 2nd round you get your back in Henry or the Arkansas back.

sbark

Reaction score
Seemed to be a fevor for rb's as last yes draft progrssed. Now after seeing the performance of all except gurley and Rawls....things will looked at without rose colored glasses once again.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I like him but there are times I question his natural running ability.

It seems a lot of his big runs are when he goes into a pile and emerges onto the second level and just takes off, which is remarkable though.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score

I'm absolutely thinking of QB in this draft and I believe it's also the smart way to go about this draft. Nobody knows how it's going to shake out but if I can get my next franchise QB, I'm taking that route.

Hardline

Reaction score
Im not sure about where we are currently. If the 49ers pull out the win against Arizona we'll probably be 4th. If Baltimore wins against the Browns combined with a 49er win that likely puts us in 3rd. Even though it would keep us in 4th for now, we should really be rooting for Cleveland to win. We want Cleveland and the 49ers to win as much as possible.

Don't forget we need Tennessee and San Diego to win also. Tennessee should have beat the Raiders. Hated seeing that game winning drive Oakland had.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
You mean this Nick Chubb? No thanks....I like my RBs w/ knees:rolleyes:

Seriously bro, I am not squeamish, but you gotta put some kind of disclaimer when your showing something like that. That's a little too graphic to just throw up there for anyone to happen upon.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Don't forget we need Tennessee and San Diego to win also. Tennessee should have beat the Raiders. Hated seeing that game winning drive Oakland had.

I was mainly talking about for QBs. I don't think the Cowboys will get the top pick. They just need to be ahead of Cleveland and/or the 49ers to have the option to take a QB if they wanted to.