Zeke Elliott texts about passing drug tests?

Vero_F250

Reaction score
Saw this a moment ago:

Thompson texted Elliott: “I know you’re stressed out, if you need me call me. Just do everything you can to pass your drug test tomorrow. You’ll be okay. I’m here for you”

To that, Elliott responded: “I’m gonna pass.”

In a subsequent text, Elliott wrote: “About to live in this sauna the next 24 hours.”

Elliott’s lead legal advisor, Frank C. Salzano, called the text exchange “a non story.”

“We are happy to move on to football and look forward to playing against the Giants,” Salzano said.

This text exchange, coupled with the Seattle visit, may be enough to put Elliott in the league’s substance-abuse program. Players do not necessarily have to fail a drug test to enter Stage 1 (intervention) of the program.

An NFL spokesman said the decision in a case such as Elliott’s is based upon the opinion of jointly appointed independent medical advisers by the NFL and NFLPA.

Last edited:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The optics aren't good. But it's nothing. Like the advisor said, " a non-story."

Even if there was a text with Elliot admitting to smoking all day and night, what really can the league do in that case? Nothing

MrMom

Reaction score
Saw this a moment ago:

Thompson texted Elliott: “I know you’re stressed out, if you need me call me. Just do everything you can to pass your drug test tomorrow. You’ll be okay. I’m here for you”

In a subsequent text, Elliott wrote: “About to live in this sauna the next 24 hours.”

Elliott’s lead legal advisor, Frank C. Salzano, called the text exchange “a non story.”

“We are happy to move on to football and look forward to playing against the Giants,” Salzano said.

This text exchange, coupled with the Seattle visit, may be enough to put Elliott in the league’s substance-abuse program. Players do not necessarily have to fail a drug test to enter Stage 1 (intervention) of the program.

An NFL spokesman said the decision in a case such as Elliott’s is based upon the opinion of jointly appointed independent medical advisers by the NFL and NFLPA.

Link?
Edit - found one. http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article100255047.html

“They make the decision if a player should be put into the program,” the NFL spokesman wrote in an email.

Asked if he was worried about Elliott being put in the program, Salzano said: “I can’t control what they do.”

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
But yeah, i agree. Not a great start. let's hope this is not a sign of things to come in the future.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Unless he's in the substance abuse program, isn't testing done at this point?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Saw this a moment ago:

There is no way you get put on any kind of program for taking a picture in front of a pot shop and then texting about being nervous about passing a test. That would be ridiculous. This should a be a major wake up call that the guy needs to forget about smoking pot, however.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
so if you can be enrolled after visiting a legal place that sells marijuana or texting about drug tests, then I guess players should be enrolled for being teammates with players that have been suspended....:rolleyes:....

innocent until proven guility