Zeke Elliott texts about passing drug tests?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
You guys are such homers. Now I'm not saying he has done anything wrong but why WOULDN'T it invite suspicion? After the Seattle incident and this he'll be on their radar for awhile.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
The guy seems like an idiot, sad to say.

I hope he works out, but I think the best thing we can do is ride him into the ground (300+ carries) over the next few seasons and hope he can stay out of trouble, then let him be someone else's problem.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
You guys are such homers. Now I'm not saying he has done anything wrong but why WOULDN'T it invite suspicion? After the Seattle incident and this he'll be on their radar for awhile.

Because the league knows 90% of player smoke. They don't need a reason to be suspicious.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

The real question (read rhetorical) is why is the NY media reporting it and trying to make it a bigger issue than it is? Of course we all know the answer.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I am not saying Zeke does not partake, but I can see this being a joke as well that you might text your friends if you knew you were going in for a drug test. I would joke like that and I have never smoked pot. Anybody would kid around like that before a drug test.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
They need to worry about their own crazy a** kicker instead of Zeke. Good gosh, a guy can't be nervous about a drug test or visit a legal, above-board establishment without arousing suspicion? If he weren't a Cowboy they wouldn't care.

Carson

Reaction score
They need to worry about their own crazy a** kicker instead of Zeke. Good gosh, a guy can't be nervous about a drug test or visit a legal, above-board establishment without arousing suspicion? If he weren't a Cowboy they wouldn't care.

I'm sure good old Mara is pulling the strings behind this

VACowboy

Reaction score
Because the league knows 90% of player smoke. They don't need a reason to be suspicious.

That may be, but the way it seems to me, Elliot is kind of giving the league no choice but to do something. Any objective person will read those texts and conclude the obvious, which may be a non-story, but when stuff like that becomes public knowledge and prominent publications run with it, what is the league supposed to do? There may have been a time when the league had the option of shrugging and looking the other way, but the players themselves destroyed that benefit of the doubt.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
That may be, but the way it seems to me, Elliot is kind of giving the league no choice but to do something. Any objective person will read those texts and conclude the obvious, which may be a non-story, but when stuff like that becomes public knowledge and prominent publications run with it, what is the league supposed to do? There may have been a time when the league had the option of shrugging and looking the other way, but the players themselves destroyed that benefit of the doubt.

Well, the thing is, he passed the test. So what is the inference here? He used to smoke?

VACowboy

Reaction score
Well, the thing is, he passed the test. So what is the inference here? He used to smoke?

No idea, except now the world is reading straight from Zeke that he took measures to make sure he passed. From that I guess anyone will infer whatever they want. I'd bet the league is going to, and from there who the hell knows what will happen? The kid was browsing a pot store less than a month ago.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
No idea, except now the world is reading straight from Zeke that he took measures to make sure he passed. From that I guess anyone will infer whatever they want. I'd bet the league is going to, and from there who the hell knows what will happen? The kid was browsing a pot store less than a month ago.

I wonder if Tunsil is in the program? That would be a good comparison.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I wonder if Tunsil is in the program? That would be a good comparison.

Excellent comparison, although I do think there's a difference between huffing weed at some point in the past and actively seeking to defeat a drug test because you can't put the joint down.

Zeke was my #1 choice in the draft. I hope this blows over. The kid just seems really lax to me about the golden ticket life has handed him. Thing is, it's not just his future he's screwing around with. Maybe the Cowboys didn't do their homework.