Zeke Fighting 3 Digit Speeding Ticket

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Really Zeke? When is all this childhood behavior of yours going to stop? Jerry needs to put his foot down NOW before it's too late. Stop with the shenanigans or no pay till you do. If the Cowboys don't stop Zeke now, it's going to trickle into the season and could hurt our 'Boys pretty bad. The kids out of control.

While he waits to hear if he will face suspension from the NFL for one pending investigation or charges from the Dallas Police Department for another, the 21-year old running back will focus on winning his appeal on a 100 mph speeding ticket he received back on April 4, according to Valerie Wigglesworth of Dallas News.

Elliott received the citation when a state trooper clocked his 2016 Dodge Challenger doing 100 mph in a posted 70 mph zone around 3 p.m. on the Dallas North Tollway, the report states. He also received a warning for not having a license plate on the front of the vehicle.
1500348272-elliott-ticketttt.JPG

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/201...iel-elliott-speeding-ticket-court-appearance/

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It occurred April 4th. I love how this was sat on and conveniently gets piled-on right now. I can't wait to hear about surveillance footage catching him exploiting a "leave-a-penny" bowl at a gas station back in Feb. Lock this kid up, already!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It occurred April 4th. I love how this was sat on and conveniently gets piled-on right now. I can't wait to hear about surveillance footage catching him exploiting a "leave-a-penny" bowl at a gas station back in Feb. Lock this kid up, already!
I know right. Gotta love the media hate on anything pertaining the Dallas Cowboys.

Sydla

Reaction score

Who cares when it came out? The only pertinent question here is was Elliott really doing 100? If he was and he loses his appeal, anyone blaming the media just has hero worship and can't admit that sometimes, their favorite players do dumb things and get caught.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
This actually concerns me more than the other stuff because I believe a police officer when he says that he caught EE speeding. I don't believe his ex-gf when she has been exposed as trying to frame him and there is no evidence of him punching somebody.

I think they'll make a big deal out of going 100 mph while it was 30 mph over the speed limit in Texas where the roads are often wide open and sometimes looks like the Autobahn. You wonder if this was a player for a team like the Niners or Jets and they were going 85 in a 55 if this would even make the news.

YR

cowboys1985

Reaction score
I'm a boring *** 30 year old Tax Analyst. I've done 100 on the highway too.

Better yet, I was arrested last year for driving on a suspended license. I had an unpaid ticket.

Damn, I gotta get my life in order.

Sydla

Reaction score
This actually concerns me more than the other stuff because I believe a police officer when he says that he caught EE speeding. I don't believe his ex-gf when she has been exposed as trying to frame him and there is no evidence of him punching somebody.

I think they'll make a big deal out of going 100 mph while it was 30 mph over the speed limit in Texas where the roads are often wide open and sometimes looks like the Autobahn. You wonder if this was a player for a team like the Niners or Jets and they were going 85 in a 55 if this would even make the news.

YR

Probably, especially if that player had some other off the field issues surrounding him.

I don't buy the notion that some have around here that the media just really picks on Cowboys players only.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Probably, especially if that player had some other off the field issues surrounding him.

I don't buy the notion that some have around here that the media just really picks on Cowboys players only.

You would think that Cowboys players are at the top of teams with arrested players and it's not even close. And it's not even close to the Niners or Jets over the past 5 years.

Where is the ESPN 'special takes' on the Jets and Niners?

YR

Sydla

Reaction score
You would think that Cowboys players are at the top of teams with arrested players and it's not even close. And it's not even close to the Niners or Jets over the past 5 years.

YR

Well, Sheldon Richardson's big issues were widely reported - Speeding, gun charges, etc.

Aldon Smith's problems were well documented in the press.

Now certainly, some teams get more press than others............ Cowboys, Raiders, Patriots - the more popular national teams. But this notion that it's only the Cowboys that find reports of their players' issues in the press is more myth than reality.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

YR
ESPN knows if it's a Cowboy player it's news. If Zeke played for the Titans it would be no more that a blur.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Well, Sheldon Richardson's big issues were widely reported - Speeding, gun charges, etc.

Aldon Smith's problems were well documented in the press.

Now certainly, some teams get more press than others............ Cowboys, Raiders, Patriots - the more popular national teams. But this notion that it's only the Cowboys that find reports of their players' issues in the press is more myth than reality.

Yes, Richardson and Smith were actually arrested. Big difference. And it's still not as widely reported as EE.

YR

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes, Richardson and Smith were actually arrested. Big difference. And it's still not as widely reported as EE.

YR

LOL. Richardson's saga was widely reported. As well as some of his other screw ups. In December, Breitbart of all places, had a story on him being fined for posting profane things on his twitter account.

So let's dispense with the idea that only Cowboys get this type of scrutiny. It's long been a bogus allegation.

And let's also note that Elliott is a league star player who has a big potential NFL suspension over his head. If Elliott played for the Eagles or Steelers, the reporting would no different. It's the fact he's a big name in the NFL that has him in the media, not the fact he's simply a Cowboy.

Last edited:

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Zeke - Just a dumb, immature kid dodging bullets. The only reason I know is I was once one myself. The only difference is that others at the time were not depending on me for their own success. EE is on the edge of blowing a great opportunity for others as well as himself.
He needs a good talking to (not from Jerry but) from someone he loves and respects. Not sure if there is anyone like that is his life, but he needs it.

rynochop

Reaction score
I've always thought the front license plate Texas requires is dumb. Had a cop give me a stern warning a while back for that, acted like I'd committed some mortal sin. Made me show up to the muni court to show I'd put one on.
Doesn't seem like many other states require that. Asked him about it, he didn't have much of response

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Zeke - Just a dumb, immature kid dodging bullets. The only reason I know is I was once one myself. The only difference is that others at the time were not depending on me for their own success. EE is on the edge of blowing a great opportunity for others as well as himself.
He needs a good talking to (not from Jerry but) from someone he loves and respects. Not sure if there is anyone like that is his life, but he needs it.

At some point in time we're gonna have to start reconsidering this "he's just a kid" stuff. How many times does he have to put himself in a position to be in and around trouble before we stop giving him the benefit of the doubt? I suspect he thinks he's a grown-*** man, but I sure would like to see one or both of his parents yank a knot in him.

Sydla

Reaction score
I've always thought the front license plate Texas requires is dumb. Had a cop give me a stern warning a while back for that, acted like I'd committed some mortal sin. Made me show up to the muni court to show I'd put one on.
Doesn't seem like many other states require that. Asked him about it, he didn't have much of response

New Jersey has the same thing. If you get pulled over, they usually just give you a warning.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

No one said you had to "buy" it & no one used the word "only". But that word seems to fit nicely to prove my point.

Alfonzo Dennard The Patriots cornerback wjp as arrested July 10 on suspicion of driving under the influence in Lincoln, Neb. In February, Dennard was convicted on a felony assault charge after he hit a police office in a dispute outside a Lincoln bar.

Joe Lefeged The safety for the Indianapolis Colts, was arrested June 29 for carrying an unregistered pistol after a traffic stop in Washington.

Ausar Walcott The Cleveland Browns linebacker was charged with attempted murder June 25 for allegedly punching a man outside a New Jersey club. He was cut by his team.

Adam “Pacman” Jones The Bengals cornerback was arrested June 10 and jailed on an assault charge. Police said he hit a woman at a downtown Cincinnati nightclub.

Titus Young the former Lions receiver whose personal life has spiraled out of control over the last two years, has been arrested again. Young was arrested on a felony charge of battery with serious bodily injury and is in custody in Los Angeles, USA Today reports. Young also faces four misdemeanor charges in connection with the same incident.

Daryl Washington The Arizona linebacker was arrested May 3 for assault after an argument with an ex-girlfriend in Phoenix.

Quentin Groves The Cleveland linebacker was arrested April 17 in a prostitution sting in Ohio. He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct

There's plenty more players. But, I've proven my point.

Last edited: