Zeke Fighting 3 Digit Speeding Ticket

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
At some point in time we're gonna have to start reconsidering this "he's just a kid" stuff. How many times does he have to put himself in a position to be in and around trouble before we stop giving him the benefit of the doubt? I suspect he thinks he's a grown-*** man, but I sure would like to see one or both of his parents yank a knot in him.
pretty sure that will happen right after people start waiting for an entire story to come out before dropping judgement.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
pretty sure that will happen right after people start waiting for an entire story to come out before dropping judgement.

Guilty or not.... I don't think I need to see the entire story come out to understand he's continuously putting himself in a position to get in trouble. If he gets suspended for conduct detrimental, he's not helping the team win games.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
LOL. Richardson's saga was widely reported. As well as some of his other screw ups. In December, Breitbart of all places, had a story on him being fined for posting profane things on his twitter account.

So let's dispense with the idea that only Cowboys get this type of scrutiny. It's long been a bogus allegation.

And let's also note that Elliott is a league star player who has a big potential NFL suspension over his head. If Elliott played for the Eagles or Steelers, the reporting would no different. It's the fact he's a big name in the NFL that has him in the media, not the fact he's simply a Cowboy.

Again, Richardson was ARRESTED. EE has never been arrested.

YR

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Guilty or not.... I don't think I need to see the entire story come out to understand he's continuously putting himself in a position to get in trouble. If he gets suspended for conduct detrimental, he's not helping the team win games.

Yeah, it isn't one time. He has had a bunch of little things that indicate that he either doesn't have any kind of common sense that most people use to realize something shady is going on or you are in a circumstance you shouldn't be in or it means he just doesn't care. Both of them are things that will get him into significant trouble at some point. All these little things are just warnings. He can heed them or he can ignore them. His decision.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
i didn't say he needs to be more careful. that is kinda obvious. but i also see a lot of people pretty much saying GUILTY and we don't know the story yet.

happens almost every single time there's ANY story at all.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
i didn't say he needs to be more careful. that is kinda obvious. but i also see a lot of people pretty much saying GUILTY and we don't know the story yet.

happens almost every single time there's ANY story at all.

Context is important. When you make your statement and quote mine in the process, you certainly make me believe you're responding to my comment. In that context, your statement inferred my judgement should be deferred until the entire story (whatever that is) comes out.... whenever that occurs.

Given what we've seen with the current investigation, the entire story may never see the light of day.

Likewise, I see a whole bunch of people mistaking "guilt" in a legal sense with "cause for suspension". Guilt is irrelevant if the league is able to suspend at will on the basis of something as vague as "conduct detrimental to the integrity and public confidence in the National Football League". Somebody needs to sue to limit and/or clarify this clause or, in the mean time, get it through this kid's head that he can't just continue to put himself in these situations without repercussions.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
My wife got a speeding ticket in Kansas for doing 120+ on the turnpike. Hard to tell how fast we were really going. The speedometer on our Grand Prix was analog and pegged at 120. She's gotten her Z28 up to about 130 on LBJ racing an Evo. I do 80 (in a 70) on the highway an people pass me like I'm standing still.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Context is important. When you make your statement and quote mine in the process, you certainly make me believe you're responding to my comment. In that context, your statement inferred my judgement should be deferred until the entire story (whatever that is) comes out.... whenever that occurs.

Given what we've seen with the current investigation, the entire story may never see the light of day.

Likewise, I see a whole bunch of people mistaking "guilt" in a legal sense with "cause for suspension". Guilt is irrelevant if the league is able to suspend at will on the basis of something as vague as "conduct detrimental to the integrity and public confidence in the National Football League". Somebody needs to sue to limit and/or clarify this clause or, in the mean time, get it through this kid's head that he can't just continue to put himself in these situations without repercussions.
i was talking to you.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Obviously speeding at 100+ is a dumb thing to do but people need to chill out about "getting his life in order" I mean good god

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
So you're worried about him being guilty? I'm worried about him being suspended and unavailable.
not worried about either. don't care really. mostly only saying that this forum in general (and people in general i suppose) have a horrible habit of hearing something like this and making up their own narrative on what MUST HAVE happened. Then when facts come out, twist those facts to fit their pre-notion of their own early rush to judgement.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
not worried about either. don't care really. mostly only saying that this forum in general (and people in general i suppose) have a horrible habit of hearing something like this and making up their own narrative on what MUST HAVE happened. Then when facts come out, twist those facts to fit their pre-notion of their own early rush to judgement.

That's not a habit of mine. Please don't project your issues with other posters on me.

aria

Reaction score
I know right. Gotta love the media hate on anything pertaining the Dallas Cowboys.
You do realize the media also talks highly of the Cowboys (every year they're going to the SB, Romo Romo Romo, the O line, etc) more then most teams even when they suck and are irrelevant, right?

Everyone likes to say how great of an owner Jerry is because of the way he has marketed the team and made them one of the most expensive and universally known teams in sports. He's done that by hiring controversial players, marketing in general, using the MEDIA, etc. It sure hasn't been because they've been dominating for the past 20 years.

Jerry brought this upon himself, the players and the organization as a whole. What do you expect?

No one said you had to "buy" it & no one used the word "only". But that word seems to fit nicely to prove my point.

Alfonzo Dennard The Patriots cornerback wjp as arrested July 10 on suspicion of driving under the influence in Lincoln, Neb. In February, Dennard was convicted on a felony assault charge after he hit a police office in a dispute outside a Lincoln bar.

Joe Lefeged The safety for the Indianapolis Colts, was arrested June 29 for carrying an unregistered pistol after a traffic stop in Washington.

Ausar Walcott The Cleveland Browns linebacker was charged with attempted murder June 25 for allegedly punching a man outside a New Jersey club. He was cut by his team.

Adam “Pacman” Jones The Bengals cornerback was arrested June 10 and jailed on an assault charge. Police said he hit a woman at a downtown Cincinnati nightclub.

Titus Young the former Lions receiver whose personal life has spiraled out of control over the last two years, has been arrested again. Young was arrested on a felony charge of battery with serious bodily injury and is in custody in Los Angeles, USA Today reports. Young also faces four misdemeanor charges in connection with the same incident.

Daryl Washington The Arizona linebacker was arrested May 3 for assault after an argument with an ex-girlfriend in Phoenix.

Quentin Groves The Cleveland linebacker was arrested April 17 in a prostitution sting in Ohio. He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct

There's plenty more players. But, I've proven my point.

And other then Pacman, who are those players? Back to my point above, Zeke is a high profile starting running back for one of the most famous and controversial teams in football and all of sports. On top of that, he is a superior athlete breaking all kinds of rookie records. Of course we're going to hear more about him than any other player.

No one complains that the Cowboys usually get more prime time spots even when they're mediocre and that has everything to do with ratings. Just like the media reporting on Zeke and the Cowboys has everything to do with ratings. Can't have it both ways.

Jerry didn't build his billion dollar empire by purposely keeping the media away, he's done the exact opposite. Perhaps blame Jerry as much, if not more, then the media or enjoy the constant coverage and prime time games and learn to live with the negative publicity when the players screw up.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm a boring *** 30 year old Tax Analyst. I've done 100 on the highway too.

Better yet, I was arrested last year for driving on a suspended license. I had an unpaid ticket.

Damn, I gotta get my life in order.
Breaking Bad