Zeke: Greatest Cowboy distraction ever

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the talent, but for the first time since we drafted him, I am ready for him to be gone. Even Hollywood Henderson, Charles Haley, and coked-up Michael Irvin were not this much of a distraction. Since he’s been here, we’ve been constantly dealing with domestic violence allegations/suspensions, pulling a woman’s shirt down, public drunkenness/assault of a security guard, and now a holdout with 2 years left on a contract. He is a cloud over the franchise and no longer worth the hassle. I don’t even care if he reports before week 1, I am no longer a fan.

stuckindc

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the talent, but for the first time since we drafted him, I am ready for him to be gone. Even Hollywood Henderson, Charles Haley, and coked-up Michael Irvin were not this much of a distraction. Since he’s been here, we’ve been constantly dealing with domestic violence allegations/suspensions, pulling a woman’s shirt down, public drunkenness/assault of a security guard, and now a holdout with 2 years left on a contract. He is a cloud over the franchise and no longer worth the hassle. I don’t even care if he reports before week 1, I am no longer a fan.

Agree...It would be one thing if Jerry was low balling him but he is offering Zeke a huge contract..Gurley was way over paid and teams aren't going to make that same mistake twice. It's time to trade him...Selfish and greedy...

JayFord

Reaction score
I love Zeke but I’m done with the Situation

I don’t mind him holding out....I mind the way he’s going about it......two years left and you work for Jerry Jones who’s had your back and is known to overpay to keep people

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

He is certainly close to being the biggest loser ever.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I'm not a big Zeke fan but i'll cheer for him when he's out there.

I personally would like to trade him for a 1st rounder.

It sucks that he is such a knucklehead because on the field he is a great player to watch but there is always something going on with him.

There were 4 or 5 Dak commercials on my TV last night. No Zeke...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Meh, he’s an immature kid but a heck of a RB.. I’d give him a deal that let’s me walk away and recoup money if he gets in trouble or misses games for any reason.

High risk, high reward. All the personal mumbo jumbo is irrelevant, this is football, not customer service...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well, there was Lance Rentzel being busted for showing his pee pee to little kids, and Duane Thomas going an entire season without talking to his teammates...

I doubt the team is as distracted as fans might think. The constant media reports and postings on websites like this are fan oriented - fans venting or media directing stories at fans to draw in consumers. I doubt the team gets as wrapped up in the drama (much if it imagined) as fans and media.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
There’s a reason I have no sig. I made this custom zeke sig and since deleted it. He’s fantastic to watch on field, but something about his personality rubs me the wrong way.

The story may or may not be true, but there was a poster who said they met zeke when he first got to Dallas at one of the facilities and he painted a very bad impression of what zeke was like in person. It makes me wonder if zeke really is just a turd of a person.

Legend

Reaction score
Jerry made the situation worse trying to flex his muscles during the 2017 season.

Zeke’s suspension was upheld and Jerry was hit with fines and threats of losing ownership of the Cowboys if he continued.

I wonder have his ego feels with Kraft and his team going to 9 SBs and winning 6 since the 2000s.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
I’m not sure I’m ready to anoint him with the title yet... I actually think Dez was more of a distraction, certainly on the sidelines.
I think the players will just be getting on with it knowing it’s a case of next man up.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s gonna be signed sooner or later like it or not.

Scotman

Reaction score
Meh, he’s an immature kid but a heck of a RB.. I’d give him a deal that let’s me walk away and recoup money if he gets in trouble or misses games for any reason.

High risk, high reward. All the personal mumbo jumbo is irrelevant, this is football, not customer service...
I'm not convinced it's just immaturity.

And you're probably right...the Cowboys have probably offered something with some behavior clauses that his camp is balking at.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Totally agree. He is by far my least favorite player. Complete loser.

GenoT

Reaction score
Guessing you’re too young to remember Morton vs Staubach?

Even without 24/7 social media, it was THE big DFW media thing @1969-71.