Zeke: Greatest Cowboy distraction ever

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Big fan of Zeke and what he brings to the team. Amazing RB, competitor and teammate! A little immature but the kid is 24 and I think he has a good heart. I can't wait until his BUSINESS is complete and he rejoins the team for what should be a great season. I think we have to realize that this is The Dallas Cowboys and Zeke is an ELITE STAR PLAYER for the leagues most high profile team. The sports media will blow anything he does up to incredible levels. Relax! It's business. This is his biggest shot. Careers are short. Frustrating but it's part of the business.

Last edited:

birdwells1

Reaction score
Guessing you’re too young to remember Morton vs Staubach?

Even without 24/7 social media, it was THE big DFW media thing @1969-71.

What about the Stauback and Clint Longley fight? How would that be covered by Skip, Shannon and Stephen A? Not to mention twitter, facebook and instagram.

Reaction score
He's hardly the greatest Cowboys distraction.
Jerry-Jimmy feud
Scissor gate
Erik Williams accident
Emmitt Smith holdout

Zeke has not cost the Cowboys any games YET! Fans panic too quickly.

Those incidents are one-offs. Other than rookie year, Zeke has been an ANNUAL distraction

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You forgot about when he got caught at a Marijuana dispensary during the season and then lied about it.

Also, he was convicted with speeding over 100 mph on a tollway like a week after sending a guy to the hospital in a bar fight.

Last edited:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I have to wonder about the age group that finds this the biggest distraction.

It sounds like you guys didn't live through the White House, The "Do you know who I am," cocaine debacle with Irvin, Eric Williams' drunken wreck that almost cost his life, Nina Sharavan rrape claims , Michael Irvin showing up for court in a mink stole, Michael Irvin almost slicing the throat of a player in the locker room, Michael Irvin in a house laying wood to a woman and the police break through the door looking for drugs.

If you did not live through the 1994/1995/1996 seasons, it makes since you think Zeke is the biggest thing.

Lance Rentzel showed his junk to a 10 year old

Efren Herrera selling cocaine and getting busted.

Nate Newton selling pot.

The list is long.

Bumping a security guard and lifting a girls shirt and a trumped up charge by the league is not thew worst thing this team has seen.

By far.

Big_D

Reaction score
I think fans would’ve been in his corner if he wasn’t a complete buffoon off the field. If that were the case he’d be paid already. But not a single season without incident. That’s a problem that’s just not worth the money, time, effort, headache etc..

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I also believe the Cowboys don't really mind this kind of holdout happenning because it is going to tell them who to pay and if we start off well without Zeke then i think trading him becomes a very real scenario. Gonna be fun to see how it finally plays out

I've thought this for a while now. Talk about bargaining power.... if dak looks average to poor without zeke, it will cost dak millions. How in the world could you justify paying him 30MM a year if he is average at best? I think this is a litmus test the cowboys are highly interested in seeing. They may find that dak isn't worth 20 million a year.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I love Zeke but I’m done with the Situation

I don’t mind him holding out....I mind the way he’s going about it......two years left and you work for Jerry Jones who’s had your back and is known to overpay to keep people

Jerry does not 'overpay' to keep anyone anymore. He used to but ever since Stephen took over, we have taken the opposite approach. We lowball and want to go cheap too often. The old Jerry would have already thrown a contract bigger than Gurley and this would be done.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree...It would be one thing if Jerry was low balling him but he is offering Zeke a huge contract..Gurley was way over paid and teams aren't going to make that same mistake twice. It's time to trade him...Selfish and greedy...
Good luck trading a selfish and greedy player.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TO was a much bigger distraction. Hell, even Bryant.
Yep, because they were actually there. How can a player be a distraction when he's not there?

This is only a distraction to the weak minded players that can't get "out of sight, out of mind" down. Elliott is a distraction only if they allow that like PIT did last season. Tomlin should have been fired. And HC that allows what's not there to be a distraction should be fired.

CWR

Reaction score
Meh, he’s an immature kid but a heck of a RB.. I’d give him a deal that let’s me walk away and recoup money if he gets in trouble or misses games for any reason.

High risk, high reward. All the personal mumbo jumbo is irrelevant, this is football, not customer service...

But will he settle for a deal that allows us to cut ties if such a scenario presents?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the talent, but for the first time since we drafted him, I am ready for him to be gone. Even Hollywood Henderson, Charles Haley, and coked-up Michael Irvin were not this much of a distraction. Since he’s been here, we’ve been constantly dealing with domestic violence allegations/suspensions, pulling a woman’s shirt down, public drunkenness/assault of a security guard, and now a holdout with 2 years left on a contract. He is a cloud over the franchise and no longer worth the hassle. I don’t even care if he reports before week 1, I am no longer a fan.
If social media was a thing back then it would've been worse.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lol.....all this hate for a frickin football player! He'll ne back and most of you will be kissing his butt when he starts producing. Go on hating, get it out of your system.
Or now, I'll root for those on the field and I'll root for Zeke as soon as he comes back. Salud!

Stop pretending he hasn't done anything to get people to "hate" him. Yes, he's a football player....they get by not just on talent, but personality.

You're not going to be a huge fan of a guy that is one big incident away from an indefinite suspension.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yep, because they were actually there. How can a player be a distraction when he's not there?

This is only a distraction to the weak minded players that can't get "out of sight, out of mind" down. Elliott is a distraction only if they allow that like PIT did last season. Tomlin should have been fired. And HC that allows what's not there to be a distraction should be fired.
I agree. Some fans don't understand that the team goes on regardless of who's there.

cern

Reaction score
zeke's a distraction because he's holding out for money. but that's at least business, and like it or not, understandable. but it's not like hardy, pacman, or some of the more "colorful" distractions of the past. i'm not distracted in the least by zeke. sooner or later, the issue will be resolved.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Stop pretending he hasn't done anything to get people to "hate" him. Yes, he's a football player....they get by not just on talent, but personality.

You're not going to be a huge fan of a guy that is one big incident away from an indefinite suspension.
This is the exact reason ( I feel) the staff isn't throwing him the highest guaranteed, but are probably ok with an average annual.