Zeke had a great rookie year though!

Zeke-2K-Yards

Reaction score
Zeke wasn’t gonna do much against that elite dline. Both he and the oline are nowhere near elite anymore. He rarely makes the first guy miss anymore, especially if it’s a lb or db

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Come on Zeke!

Help a brotha out man!!!

In all fairness we never even tried to establish the run. Appears we entered the game with very little confidence we could run the ball against them. I believe Zeke only had 4 carries in the first half. He did make some great blocks but If he doesn’t gain yards fans complain. We’re a pass first offense. We transitioned to that when Kellen Moore took over the offense.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do all of you geniuses realize that Zeke only had 11 carries against an absolutely DOMINANT front 7 who has only given up 50 rushing yards like 3 times in the last 20+ games? The game plan to air it out and abandon the run was actually smart. Rarely would I agree, but in this case if we just kept trying to ram it up the middle we would have been shut down even with the second coming of Barry Sanders. I actually thought that he looked like he has more juice compared to years past and I think we will never again go as imbalanced in the run-pass split as we did this game. I guarantee he will look more like the Zeke we knew from 2016-2018.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I have been hard on Zeke his entire career. This game plan was brilliant in my opinion. It’s the first time I have seen Dallas attack a defenses weakness instead of being stubborn and trying to play into a defenses strength.

Maybe one game we will run the ball 50 times and only pass it 8 times against a team that can’t stop the run but can put pressure on the QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m just glad that Moore recognized the matchup and didn’t do the Jason Garret thing and cram him up the middle all game.

There were times I wish we would’ve ran but those are easy 2nd guess.

Gameplan was great and we were a clear push off call from winning.

lk8701

Reaction score
Come on Zeke!

Help a brotha out man!!!

I can't believe they took him over Ramsey. Ramsey could have been the piece that put us over the top like Deion. Ramsey and Diggs together would have been amazing.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was a tank. He held up in pass protection. Their defensive line was manhandling our offensive line.
This. In years past, we would've had the brain-trust in Jason Garrett keep pounding our RBs into that "Beef" 1st and 2nd down to "enforce will" and then having to convert 3rd and longs in the air to make-up for that tardatin drive after drive.
2007-2019, this would've been an embarassing blow-out loss.

We haven't really "seen" zeke this year yet, but will very soon. Kellen called a pass-heavy game when there was an absolute need for it. We got the turnovers but the dumb-*** special teams coach's hard on for "his guy" cost us the game 3x over. For the record, I was team "Cobra-Kai" in late 2019.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
In all fairness we never even tried to establish the run. Appears we entered the game with very little confidence we could run the ball against them. I believe Zeke only had 4 carries in the first half. He did make some great blocks but If he doesn’t gain yards fans complain. We’re a pass first offense. We transitioned to that when Kellen Moore took over the offense.

This, with the loss of Fred and old age and injuries, this is not the run first OL from Zeke and Dak's rookie season.

Reactions: KJJ

uvaballa

Reaction score
Zeke wasn’t gonna do much against that elite dline. Both he and the oline are nowhere near elite anymore. He rarely makes the first guy miss anymore, especially if it’s a lb or db
If he makes the dB miss he scores a TD

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
They could have gone to more swings and screens using a combo of both running backs to confuse the D. Problem is they were playing from behind the whole game and the tight end sucked at blocking.

But going up the middle? Wow that's one badass D line. They even stated a stat from last season, RBs only got 1 yard before contact last year on average.

MikeB80

Reaction score
To the people who think you do not run the ball because the defense is really good against the run will you keep that thought process when they play teams with excellent secondaries? They have a few on the schedule.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke's part in the game plan was primarily pass protection and he did an excellent job. The way to beat the bucs is on the perimeter.

Do you see the folly here? He's the highest paid RB in the NFL and his primary role is pass blocking? We aren't paying him to pass block.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
To the people who think you do not run the ball because the defense is really good against the run will you keep that thought process when they play teams with excellent secondaries? They have a few on the schedule.

Agree, you run the ball but 2 problems, 1. We abandon the run and turned to passing and 2. People thought Zeke should have over a 100 yards against them. Not going to happen but you still run to keep them honest but you can also hit him and Tony out of the backfield in the flats which is just like a hand off.