Zeke had a terrible game

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s what happens when you’re offense is stagnate. Players press and try to do too much. Zeke should’ve touched the ball 30 times in a game like this in every way possible. Failure to do that gets him out of his game and prone to mental mistakes (breaks in concentrations).

I agree but I still think Zeke shouln't be getting stripped by a DB. He's got to finish that run.

Here's the problem...........every team we play is going to keyed on Zeke. Its tough to run against 8-9 guys in the box. Zeke had a few good runs today but those have been few and far between. Even last year, he had one long run all year. The rest of the year was a grind. The only way to back those safeties up is to throw the ball downfield with success.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Zeke rarely fumbles. He had a bad game, and he looked like he was beating himself up about it.

It sucks but I’m hindsight it’s hard to get on Zeke. Zeke seeing the lackluster performance from the passing game attempted to get more yards on one carry than necessary, unfortunately, he fumbled.

Big time players make big plays in crucial moments, and what potentially could’ve been a nice gain went the other way, thus is life......

J12B

Reaction score
Yes Zeke did a lot of good things yesterday, but he also let a few opportunities slip that cost the team huge.

If he isnt on his A game all the time it's going to be very difficult for this team to win.

And I'll retract that he had a terrible game. That was my disappointment in the outcome of the game talking

aria

Reaction score
Zeke hasn’t been a good player for a long time
Ha...even I had to laugh at this. Just so I don’t over react like a certain someone who is trolling me, you’re being SARCASTIC, right? If not, please do clarify.

Full disclosure: I haven’t read the full thread yet so if you already addressed this then please ignore me.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Yes Zeke did a lot of good things yesterday, but he also let a few opportunities slip that cost the team huge.

If he isnt on his A game all the time it's going to be very difficult for this team to win.

And I'll retract that he had a terrible game. That was my disappointment in the outcome of the game talking

despite his issues yesterday, he still was the only offensive guy to produce.

I have less problem with the fumble than being out of bounds.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know Dak was bad today, but Zeke should take a lot of blame for today's loss against Seattle as well.

-Easy catch with room to run on a 3rd down in the 1st quarter that he flat out drops.
-Completely unaware of the sideline when he didn't have a defender 6 yards near him and steps out of bounds that negated a much needed TD.
-Trying to do too much after a 20 yard run in the 4th quarter and cut back in only to have a trailing defender strip the ball from him resulting in a critical turn over near Seattles end zone.
-Ran to the sidelines and catches a check down out of bounds.

Zeke is a high investment on this team and he had a terrible game today.

He needs to be held more accountable.

*Zeke did take a lot of blame, and he publically said he deserves the blame.

* Great runs typically happen from a RB not giving up and trying to get more yardage. The fact that he wanted to do that is not a negative. The complaint on that play is only that he wasn't more aware of the player behind him and didn't secure the ball as well as he could have.

* He didn't catch the ball out of bounds, he stepped out and came back in before he caught the ball.

* What do you suggest doing that would hold him more accountable?

J12B

Reaction score
*Zeke did take a lot of blame, and he publically said he deserves the blame.

* Great runs typically happen from a RB not giving up and trying to get more yardage. The fact that he wanted to do that is not a negative. The complaint on that play is only that he wasn't more aware of the player behind him and didn't secure the ball as well as he could have.

* He didn't catch the ball out of bounds, he stepped out and came back in before he caught the ball.

* What do you suggest doing that would hold him more accountable?

This was posted before he spoke to the media and began taking responsibility. All the blame was bring put on Dak and deservedly so. But Dak made a couple of nice plays during this game and had Zeke executed on a couple of catches it could have very well changed the outcome of the game.

His mistakes were worth noting.

Maybe Smith needs to get a series or two in the game or two and send Zeke the message that he needs to refocus.

Also, games like this need to be taken into consideration when his 2nd deal comes around. In my opinion, right now, he wont be worth top 3 RB money.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This was posted before he spoke to the media and began taking responsibility. All the blame was bring put on Dak and deservedly so. But Dak made a couple of nice plays during this game and had Zeke executed on a couple of catches it could have very well changed the outcome of the game.

His mistakes were worth noting.

Maybe Smith needs to get a series or two in the game or two and send Zeke the message that he needs to refocus.

Also, games like this need to be taken into consideration when his 2nd deal comes around. In my opinion, right now, he wont be worth top 3 RB money.

I didn't say his mistakes weren't worth noting. I think they are. Without question he hurt the team. But those kinds of mistakes are not ongoing problems with Zeke, and that's likely why the media was less focused on his mistakes, and more focused on the overall ineffectiveness of the passing game, which has been an ongoing problem.

I think Smith should play once in awhile anyway, just for a different look and to give Zeke a breather, but a lot of fans seem to disagree. Seems many think the ball should be in Zek's hand 35+ plays per game. But I don't think playing Smith would really be sending a message, first because again, these aren't ongoing problems for Zeke, and second, because Zeke realistically wouldn't think of Smith as a threat to his starting role.