Twitter: Zeke has the most 15yd + runs in the league and LVE leads the nfl in run stops in weeks 4-7

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Remember when some people thought the LVE pick was dumb and he would be the next Barbie Carpenter?

tenor.gif

I like my crow with hot sauce .......lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good job Zeke and Leighton.

This OL coach designs the run blocking for more big plays at the expense of more no-gain or lost yardage runs. If everyone executes perfectly and the defense does what is expected, they get big plays; however, one mistake or one defender shifting too far pre-snap can cause a complete failed play.

Total rushing yardage in a game has been shown not to correlate with winning. Situational running is more important than total yards gained.

I'm not a fan of the more complicated blocking scheme even if it results in more big gains because there have been too many critical plays that failed and were doomed to fail pre-snap because one defender shifted over 2 yards prior to the snap.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember when some people thought the LVE pick was dumb and he would be the next Barbie Carpenter?

Anybody that said that either didn't watch game footage for Vander Esch or they have no clue how to evaluate players.

I had him graded ahead of Tremaine Edmunds. They had similar size and athletic ability but Vander Esch appeared to have a much better understanding of the game despite less years of football experience.

He has more tackles in less snaps than the LBs drafted before him.

He appears to be ahead of Jaylon in regards to understanding the scheme and definitely way ahead of where Jaylon was last season.

He is a bigger, faster, healthier version of Sean Lee.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This OL coach designs the run blocking for more big plays at the expense of more no-gain or lost yardage runs.

Well that's horrible. That's the opposite of ball control running. The chains keep moving when you get steady positive yardage, and stop moving when you don't get it.

How can that be the strategy? It's the opposite of what we've done for years. Remember all the praise for Murray and his "dirty yards"?

And how is that Alexander's decision? A decision on changing the distribution of run gains should entirely be on the OC or even the HC. Alexanders should only be implementing their strategic decisions, not setting them himself.

What a clown show. You're giving all sorts of bad news about Alexander today.

It's funny, because originally reading it, I was thinking you were talking about Marinelli's defensive strategy against the run. Give up some big plays, but get more stops by putting teams behind the chains. A strategy which makes total sense.

Alexander's strategy is how Marinelli designs the defense to run defend.

Do none of the bozos in charge see that our offensive and defensive run defense strategies totally contradict each other?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Anybody that said that either didn't watch game footage for Vander Esch or they have no clue how to evaluate players.

I had him graded ahead of Tremaine Edmunds. They had similar size and athletic ability but Vander Esch appeared to have a much better understanding of the game despite less years of football experience.

He has more tackles in less snaps than the LBs drafted before him.

He appears to be ahead of Jaylon in regards to understanding the scheme and definitely way ahead of where Jaylon was last season.

He is a bigger, faster, healthier version of Sean Lee.

A Sean Lee with the size to play MLB.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Question is why can’t Zeke turn some of those 15+ yard runs into 50+ yard TD runs, especially since he is facing all these stacked boxes? Once into the 2nd level there should be some daylight. What happened to his home run hitting ability?

HungryLion

Reaction score
This OL coach designs the run blocking for more big plays at the expense of more no-gain or lost yardage runs. If everyone executes perfectly and the defense does what is expected, they get big plays; however, one mistake or one defender shifting too far pre-snap can cause a complete failed play.

Total rushing yardage in a game has been shown not to correlate with winning. Situational running is more important than total yards gained.

I'm not a fan of the more complicated blocking scheme even if it results in more big gains because there have been too many critical plays that failed and were doomed to fail pre-snap because one defender shifted over 2 yards prior to the snap.

Sounds like Jason Garret’s fault to me then.

He is the one who hires the other coaches.

Pants

Reaction score
Question is why can’t Zeke turn some of those 15+ yard runs into 50+ yard TD runs, especially since he is facing all these stacked boxes? Once into the 2nd level there should be some daylight. What happened to his home run hitting ability?

add to that if he has the most 15+ yard runs, then the rest of his carries must REALLY be poor....example, (I am not looking up all of his 15+ runs, but that piece says he had 13 and his longest is 41...so, 12 carries X15 yards = 180 + the 41 - 221; so in his other 119 carries, he has 398 yards for a stellar 3.3 yds/carry....the guy can by dynamic, but when the first offensive play of EVERY game is "Zeke. go run off of the left guard and plow into the line", he has to up his average on his other 17 carries

a running team that can't run...only in the Jason Garrett era....

love LVE, and admittedly, he was more in the late 20's thought process of mine during the draft, but wasn't upset with the pick where we got him...NOW I can say that the pick was a near-perfect one for this team - the guy is an animal....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not gonna lie, I had no idea LVE was gonna be decent his rookie year. I’m used to players taking “ three” years to develop. :)

Same here. I wasn't expecting too much this year. But if this kid can play this well as a rookie, maybe we really do have our own Urlacher and a capable replacement for Lee?

glimmerman

Reaction score
I’m not gonna lie, I had no idea LVE was gonna be decent his rookie year. I’m used to players taking “ three” years to develop. :)
I really didn’t think he would be this good his rookie year. He really translated well to the NFL. Probly helps having Lee show you the ropes and then having the skills to put it to work.