Twitter: Zeke headed to Cabo

robertfchew

Reaction score
It is what it is. Hes trying to secure his future. Who are you to question his dedication to this team. IM not saying i agree with what hes doing. But he's doing the right thing for his future. The same thing Aaron Donald did.

aaron donald isnt out partying at some drug fueled music fest getting within an inch of being suspended for a year. He gets a little more slack.

aria

Reaction score
And Elliot is there to train..Hes training with Orleans Darkwa. Former Giants RB. He went there during his suspension to train as well. Same spot.
Yeah and he must have been smoking something while he was there. Wasn’t that when he announced he was going to come back and run for 200+ yards in his first game against Seattle? Wasn’t he supposed to “beast out” and “run angry”? I didn’t see any of that.

CapnB

Reaction score
And Elliot is there to train..Hes training with Orleans Darkwa. Former Giants RB. He went there during his suspension to train aswell. Same spot.

Hey, he's working. doesn't matter to me where he's working at. Im with the players when it comes to getting their money. Hes one of the best in the league if not the best, and he's only young once. Get all $$$ he can if im him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
https://www.shreveporttimes.com/sto...worked-teams-rookie-running-backs/1856108001/

Elliott hosted younger backs at his home, Pollard said.

“His leadership with us younger backs inviting us to his house, going over plays and trying to show us the ropes and the way things go,” Pollard said.

It’s moves like that which contribute to teammates unanimously voicing support for Elliott, acknowledging that “you have to realize it’s a business at the end of the day and guys going to make business decisions,” Pollard said, “but you have to take care of you.”

Right or wrong, of course his teammates are going to take his side of it. That's to be expected. Zeke picked the wrong time to play hardball and it's likely to cost the team in the long run. There's no back in the Cowboys' stable that's going to replace him. That's likely to be proven, even if the FO would like to say otherwise. In any event, we'll definitely find out for sure if something doesn't change pretty soon. It's just bad timing for Zeke to do this.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah and he must have been smoking something while he was there. Wasn’t that when he announced he was going to come back and run for 200+ yards in his first game against Seattle? Wasn’t he supposed to “beast out” and “run angry”? I didn’t see any of that.
The Zeke Freak!!! Feed Zeke!! Lol!!! You know you love him!!

Altestic

Reaction score
Zeke is gonna smoke pot and next we're hearing he's sitting out of the first 10 weeks of the season

Little Jr

Reaction score
97 yds at 4.0 y/a. Followed that up with 103 at 3.8 y/a. Not tds either game. Had a big fumble though.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cabo is where Zeke went to get in shape during his suspension. He's gotten a little soft this offseason so he's going back to Cabo to get in shape. He probably anticipates reporting to training camp in a week. That's my theory about it.

uvaballa

Reaction score
If he gets in trouble in another country can the NFL still suspend him? That could be a reason for leaving the country lol

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Right or wrong, of course his teammates are going to take his side of it. That's to be expected. Zeke picked the wrong time to play hardball and it's likely to cost the team in the long run. There's no back in the Cowboys' stable that's going to replace him. That's likely to be proven, even if the FO would like to say otherwise. In any event, we'll definitely find out for sure if something doesn't change pretty soon. It's just bad timing for Zeke to do this.

See Emmitt in 1993.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
See Emmitt in 1993.

Let's hope both Zeke and our FO see the handwriting on the wall enough to get together and settle that which haunts and hinders them. This team really needs to resolve their differences in a timely fashion and proceed to accomplish their most necessary progress. Let's hope they can and will do that. It's time to pull together and become a team that can find success in the days, weeks and months to come. Glad to see that we acquired Alfred Morris lately. His veteran presence should help to guide our youngsters in the right direction.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
No.....Zeke will
He's the one under contract for the next two years.......I'm more concern about him prolonging this to end preseason and showing up out of shape and/or getting injured first game or two.

My guess.....if this isn't resolved my 2nd preseason game, will may bring in vet coz you have to start getting ready for the season opener. You don't waste valuable 3rd preseason game snaps on rookie you have no intention of starting.
Yep. Morris is back. I had a feeling we would.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, if he does not show up this year, next year his 4th year of his deal repeats because he did not report by week 11, and his fifth year option is moved to 2021, which was your original point

Yes, I've reviewed the CBA and that seems to be most logical conclusion.

He does not accrue 2019 even if he plays games 11-16. That makes him an RFA in 2020.

The thing that's not clear is the 5th year option and playing games 11-16.
- If no accrual, then it seems the 5th year option would push out also.