Twitter: Zeke headed to Cabo

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yes, I've reviewed the CBA and that seems to be most logical conclusion.

He does not accrue 2019 even if he plays games 11-16. That makes him an RFA in 2020.

The thing that's not clear is the 5th year option and playing games 11-16.
- If no accrual, then it seems the 5th year option would push out also.

Accruing a year toward the unrestricted free agency mark is completely unrelated to his contract. Showing up by week 11 will count as a year as his contract pertains.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yeah and he must have been smoking something while he was there. Wasn’t that when he announced he was going to come back and run for 200+ yards in his first game against Seattle? Wasn’t he supposed to “beast out” and “run angry”? I didn’t see any of that.

It was like he hadn't played a football game in a month and a half, or something. He did manage 97 yards and could've had 100 with a TD had Linehan actually called a run after getting first and goal at the three in the 4th. The missed FG was a fitting conclusion to that nonsense.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
See Emmitt in 1993.

Two big differences: Emmitt had proven he could be a key part of a championship team, and he hadn't been suspended for stupidity off the field.

I'm fine with a guy wanting paid, but what's going to happen without Zeke? The Cowboys won't go any further than they have in the last 23 years?

Zeke isn't Emmitt until he matches Emmitt's achievements. A rushing title is just one of them.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Two big differences: Emmitt had proven he could be a key part of a championship team, and he hadn't been suspended for stupidity off the field.

I'm fine with a guy wanting paid, but what's going to happen without Zeke? The Cowboys won't go any further than they have in the last 23 years?

Zeke isn't Emmitt until he matches Emmitt's achievements. A rushing title is just one of them.

So easy to dismiss Zeke's body of work?!?

Just like that? Didn't you enjoy watching Zeke run through NFL defenses?!?

Spoiled fans.

aria

Reaction score
It was like he hadn't played a football game in a month and a half, or something. He did manage 97 yards and could've had 100 with a TD had Linehan actually called a run after getting first and goal at the three in the 4th. The missed FG was a fitting conclusion to that nonsense.
I’m not the one who guaranteed 200 yards...he was. Just more proof how idiotic and delusional he is. What’s worse is the fans who were eating it up, no pun intended.

What ever happened to “I can’t wait, he’s gonna beast out” or “they better watch out, Seke is gonna run angry”?

PBCCowboy

Reaction score
Who exactly is advising this young man? It's like he cannot make good choices. Hell of a talent on the field, but good God, he is breathtakingly immature.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Who exactly is advising this young man? It's like he cannot make good choices. Hell of a talent on the field, but good God, he is breathtakingly immature.
Well, his agent has a house there, so I bet it's his agent that's advising him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I can see a movie being made about Zeke's holdout.

In one scene we see 89 other Cowboys toiling away in training camp drills.

Then we cut to a scene of Zeke in Cabo. He's resting on a hammock with a drink in hand while two bikini-clad Mexican babes keep him cool with hand-held fans.

Corso

Reaction score
This rocky guy is not advising him real well .
You may be right. We only have a sky-high view of the goings-on and the ins-and-outs of all this.
I know it looks bad, but they might know that and feel confident moving forward anyways.

I guess we'll all see if they're right, or wrong soon enough.

Corso

Reaction score
I can see a movie being made about Zeke's holdout.

In one scene we see 89 other Cowboys toiling away in training camp drills.

Then we cut to a scene of Zeke in Cabo. He's resting on a hammock with a drink in hand while two bikini-clad Mexican babes keep him cool with hand-held fans.
That would definitely be me.
I volunteer to be cast as Zeke!
I look nothing like him, but we can use CG!

PBCCowboy

Reaction score
Well, his agent has a house there, so I bet it's his agent that's advising him.
The optics do not do him favors, only harm.
He may have there awesome training facilities, but when I hear Cabo, only party and vacation come to mind.

Corso

Reaction score
The optics do not do him favors, only harm.
He may have there awesome training facilities, but when I hear Cabo, only party and vacation come to mind.
I agree. See my post 2 above yours.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy-downsized.gif

Jipper

Reaction score
So easy to dismiss Zeke's body of work?!?

Just like that? Didn't you enjoy watching Zeke run through NFL defenses?!?

Spoiled fans.

i get it, i enjoyed it as well but i have not enjoyed the constant fear and worry that he is going to get suspended and not be available for this team....it seems like many fans feel this way and are reaching a point where they would rather go with a lesser running back than continue to have the fear of zeke doing something dumb...I am at that point myself, just over him and ok with moving on.....granted i would rather him come in, play and get a new contract later this year and have him than not....but if hes going to stay out with 2 years on a contract then i am ok with moving on....even if it means we are a worse team.