Twitter: Zeke headed to Cabo

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I think Irving said that they don't test you when in mexico. They random from April till end of August.. If he fails a test we wont know unless it leaks. He will only be in the program for 30 days. Unless he has already failed a test already..

Maybe he needs a little extra time to clear that legal marijuana out of his system.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Trade him for a first round pick. Tired of his distractions

I seriously don't think you could get that much for him. You might be able to get a 3rd....probably not much more...if even that. Someone has to be willing to eat that contract. And I don't see anybody stepping up to give that PR headache an extension. He's just not worth the money. :rolleyes:

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not certain if you agree or disagree with me.

Let's step back and 1st discuss the scenario if he did not have the 5th year option.

If this was his 4th and final season on his contact (no 5th year option) then:
  • If he plays games 11 to 16 of 2019, he would then be a free agent in March of 2020.

That doesn't appear to be true. The first threshold is the Aug 6th date for a hold out. If he doesn't show up August 6th, he won't be an unrestricted free agent until March 2021.

It's actually on the official NFL Operations calendar. A player under contract has to show up by Aug 6th to accrue a year towards free agency.

Now one can debate whether that's all that important to Zeke as laid out by others, but it appears that if Zeke holds out and then shows up by the 11th game, he will not earn an accrued season.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seriously don't think you could get that much for him. You might be able to get a 3rd....probably not much more...if even that. Someone has to be willing to eat that contract. And I don't see anybody stepping up to give that PR headache an extension. He's just not worth the money. :rolleyes:
And any GM has to consider the risk factor and maturity level. I don't think anyone took that mea culpa act he pulled after leaving Goodell's office seriously, the security guard sure didn't.

That's not an issue to take lightly when a GM has his butt on the line and this is a known risk factor, Elliott has caveat emptor all over him.

Hey, maybe Elliott will screw up and get himself thrown into a Mexican jail and we don't have to worry about the contract any longer.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That doesn't appear to be true. The first threshold is the Aug 6th date for a hold out. If he doesn't show up August 6th, he won't be an unrestricted free agent until March 2021.
He will show up. He will do just enough. He is wanting way to much. Watching undisputed today and they were saying he wanted way above gurly money, well the rams way over paid gurly but SJ said he had gurly money set to the side for Elliot. If they declined and want way more than that then I have to let him sit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You put Zeke on the Packers or Seattle, Chiefs,Bolts, Colts you have a Superbowl caliber team immediately!
Now ask yourself why?????

Too bad that not a ONE of them would ever make that stupid trade you like to claim they would. Not a ONE.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
His "friends" are just like him, all about the money.

Justified is not an easy one because they could have dumped him if he'd injured himself and all he would have gotten was some injury settlement and that happens to RB's.

He sees the out of control salaries to QB's, one rumored to be to his own QB, WR's and even DE's on his team and knows the longevity curve on his position is the shortest.

If this was your son, would you feel the same? I'd be telling mine to do the same thing, especially with a team that ran the legs off a RB in his contract year. The QB gets 30M and the RB gets 3? And the QB isn't even considered in the top 10.

Now, add to this that they're the ones that brought up a new contract. Didn't they invite this problem running their mouths? Booger would do better to keep his son off the radio.

No. I can say I wouldn't tell my son, who has been suspended, should have been suspended another time and is not always doing things that are in the best interest of the team or himself, he should spit in the face of the person that has been standing by his side. And the QB hasn't been paid 30 million. On this team, Zeke has made 21 Million in his first 3 years (7 per year average), stands to make 3.8 million this year and 9 million next so in his first 5 years he will make 33 million (6.6 per year) or in the top 10 of current RBs. Underpaid, yes, drastically underpaid, NO. When you look at Dak, he is drastically under paid when you compare him to his peers and yet, he is in Camp. I don't think he is a great QB but he is doing the right thing and is showing he is a good leader. Unlike Zeke who is just being selfish and is pouting because someone makes more money than he does.

lostar2009

Reaction score
This move alone says no.

What kind of teammate goes on vacation when everyone is in TC? Not only that but in the middle of contract talk !?! Everyone been calm about their contract except Zeke. Although SJ has said many times he is part of their future plans. At this point I really do think we should move on from Zeke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only four of the 47 Super Bowl champions have featured the NFL’s leading rusher; Cowboys RB Emmitt Smith led the NFL in rushing yards in 1992, ’93 and ’95 (Super Bowls XXVII, XXVIII and XXX) and Broncos RB Terrell Davis led the NFL in rushing yards in 1998 (XXXIII).

ShortRound

Reaction score
Only four of the 47 Super Bowl champions have featured the NFL’s leading rusher; Cowboys RB Emmitt Smith led the NFL in rushing yards in 1992, ’93 and ’95 (Super Bowls XXVII, XXVIII and XXX) and Broncos RB Terrell Davis led the NFL in rushing yards in 1998 (XXXIII).

Just posted a tweet but you were spot on.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He will show up. He will do just enough. He is wanting way to much. Watching undisputed today and they were saying he wanted way above gurly money, well the rams way over paid gurly but SJ said he had gurly money set to the side for Elliot. If they declined and want way more than that then I have to let him sit.

How they know this......hell Stephen's already negotiated half of the contract thru the media. The rest shouldn't be that hard other than structure and/or guarantee payout. Interestingly, Jax is in a similar predicament with Ramsey wanting a new deal also but I read they told agent flat out he WOULD NOT get a new contract this year nor would there any new negotiation. I'm guessing he was also warned of fines if didn't report to TC on time. Well, Stephen took a different route with Zeke by not negotiating but made an offer. Zeke is holding out but Ramsey is in camp......similar situations handled entirely different.