Video: Zeke Highlights

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Uh, sorry guys, once I posted this video from youtube I realized it wouldnt play. Anyone know how to delete this thread? lol

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Wow, he was certainly a lot more explosive six years ago.

I still like Zeke, even though I realize Pollard has next-level potential.

Nexx

Reaction score
before he got fat and slow and before he forgot that you can run around defenders not just run head on into them.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
before he got fat and slow and before he forgot that you can run around defenders not just run head on into them.

He did both plenty in his early days.

But it is Zeke's physicality that makes him nigh unstoppable in short yardage/redzone opportunities.

Almost aways falls forward. Like Emmitt, just bigger.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Zeke had unbelievable mix of vision, size, power and breakaway speed.

And not just unstoppable as runner but as receiver as well.

And there is no better blocking RB in NFL.

He never really became that breakaway runner that we thought he'd be when we drafted him. Instead, he crafted himself into a power runner, bulking up too much IMO at the sacrifice of his niftiness and speed. The last couple of years, he's taken off some of that bulk to regain his quickness, but it seems to be too late as injuries are starting to get him.

It's sad that some Cowboys fans feel the need to call him fat and lazy. There's really no need for that. He clearly works hard, plays hard and wants to contribute even when he's injured. It just doesn't look like even with his best efforts to recapture what made him the No. 4 overall pick that he can do that at this point. That doesn't mean he can't still contribute quite a bit with his hard-running style and blocking ability, just that he's no longer an elite back, which he was for at least a short time, and should no longer be compensated like one.

DanA

Reaction score
That jet sweep fake into a screen pass needs to be brought back. Zeke was a monster on those plays and we’ve got the players to pull it off.

Reactions: BAT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I just think back to how good Zeke used to be. Darn shame that we wasted his early production. He is just a shell of himself now, but still a warrior. I would love it if we could win a superbowl with him this year.

Zeke was good but he was never as good as most made him out to be. He got overrated that very first year when we had an all world oline. Zeke needs a great line to do his thing. Was never a big play back. Never a guy that consistently made people miss. Was never worthy of the 4th pick and never should have been resigned. Jerry caving pollards rookie year was the big one. Had he let zeke hold out pollard would have got his 3 game shot to shine and pollards career here wouldn’t have been wasted.

Ken

Reaction score
Zeke was good but he was never as good as most made him out to be. He got overrated that very first year when we had an all world oline. Zeke needs a great line to do his thing. Was never a big play back. Never a guy that consistently made people miss. Was never worthy of the 4th pick and never should have been resigned. Jerry caving pollards rookie year was the big one. Had he let zeke hold out pollard would have got his 3 game shot to shine and pollards career here wouldn’t have been wasted.
Nah...Dak was the only one who benefitted from the OL...lol.

At least, that is what i have read about a million times on this board.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He never really became that breakaway runner that we thought he'd be when we drafted him. Instead, he crafted himself into a power runner, bulking up too much IMO at the sacrifice of his niftiness and speed. The last couple of years, he's taken off some of that bulk to regain his quickness, but it seems to be too late as injuries are starting to get him.

It's sad that some Cowboys fans feel the need to call him fat and lazy. There's really no need for that. He clearly works hard, plays hard and wants to contribute even when he's injured. It just doesn't look like even with his best efforts to recapture what made him the No. 4 overall pick that he can do that at this point. That doesn't mean he can't still contribute quite a bit with his hard-running style and blocking ability, just that he's no longer an elite back, which he was for at least a short time, and should no longer be compensated like one.
Sorry buddy but he was fat and lazy. Those are just the facts. Last few years he worked out hard and came in great shape. Not earlier in his career.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nah...Dak was the only one who benefitted from the OL...lol.

At least, that is what i have read about a million times on this board.

If I am building an offense the oline is the #1 thing I focus on. Everyone benefits from a great oline.

Reactions: Ken

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
This is going to rile some of you, but Zeke's production fell off right after he got paid. Like pretty much immediately. He is not the first Cowboys player where that has happened.