Video: Zeke Highlights

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I just think back to how good Zeke used to be. Darn shame that we wasted his early production. He is just a shell of himself now, but still a warrior. I would love it if we could win a superbowl with him this year.

he has no speed to the outside, so he runs inside or gets tackled if he tries to run outside. he is also slow through the hole. he has the vision, sets up his OL and uses them to find holes. he has always been good at that and that's what made him elite earlier in his career. now, he is just a good RB. not worth 16M per year.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is going to rile some of you, but Zeke's production fell off right after he got paid. Like pretty much immediately. He is not the first Cowboys player where that has happened.
No, his yards per game has steadily declined every year.

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't know if he's been in one piece over the past three seasons. He has had nagging injuries that really slows him down as the season progresses. He 's a warriror and fights through these injuries but he's not the same. However, five of his six TD's were scored over the last three games.

JBond

Reaction score

I just think back to how good Zeke used to be. Darn shame that we wasted his early production. He is just a shell of himself now, but still a warrior. I would love it if we could win a superbowl with him this year.

So many times I have said this. A FB at this point. It would be devastating. Think Alstott.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Truth. It was 2016 all over again on Sunday.

ive learned my lesson. Draft OL high and pay quality OL

Draft RB’s in the mid round and don’t pay them or only pay them if they want to sign a cheap deal.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No, his yards per game has steadily declined every year.

Zeke's yards per carry has remained pretty much constant.. it's the carries that have dropped steadily.. That tells me that a lot of the drop in production has been by choice of the Cowboys. Dating back to last season before the injury and this season before the injury Zeke has averaged over 5 ypc over those 12 games. That's pretty good stuff especially for a back getting 90% of his totes right up the gut. But it's a fact of life as backs age they're going to get dinged more which is why it was key to get a second good back in the stable and they struck gold with Pollard.. But the narrative that Zeke fell off the cliff when he got paid is the territory of softheads. He was literally 4th in the league in rushing in 2019.. the year AFTER he signed the new deal. He got Covid in 2020 and tore a ligament in 2021. Crap happens. There is no need to disparage him over it. It's football.. people get hurt playing it.

He was pretty good this year before taking a helmet to the knee. We still don't know how bad that thing is and may never know.. But I do know we scored on our first 7 possessions in his first game back from injury after starting the last game with two three and outs.. Probably just a happy coincidence.. but maybe having another good football player in your lineup is good for your team. But he's a running back in year 7 so it's not realistic to expect that he's going to be able to avoid the injury bug like he did before. So the Cowboys absolutely need to make sure they sign Pollard and if they don't they need to find a similar replacement. If they part ways with Zeke we should salute him for giving up his body for the team as often as he did and wish him well.. At least that's what I would do.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Sorry buddy but he was fat and lazy. Those are just the facts. Last few years he worked out hard and came in great shape. Not earlier in his career.

Sorry, buddy, but anything you have to say about Elliott has to be taken with a grain of salt. There was absolutely no doubt when I clicked on this alert it would be some kind of criticism of him.

Reactions: BAT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sorry, buddy, but anything you have to say about Elliott has to be taken with a grain of salt. There was absolutely no doubt when I clicked on this alert it would be some kind of criticism of him.

only thing you should be saying to me is that absolutely everything I have said about zeke and pollard have been spot on.