Zeke is in no danger of landing on Commissioners Exempt List

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not a suspension when you are still being paid the whole time. Not to mention the player has to agree to it. And if goodell had said no then it wouldn't have mattered what the team and peterson wanted
Teams can suspend players, they just don't get the roster spot back without the exemption.

The main point is that some people incorrectly believe that the Commissioner can just move a player to the exempt list thereby suspending them. That is completely WRONG.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Teams can suspend players, they just don't get the roster spot back without the exemption.

The main point is that some people incorrectly believe that the Commissioner can just move a player to the exempt list thereby suspending them. That is completely WRONG.

Right that's why I posted this so ppl would know goodell can't just put zeke on the list as retribution

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

But he has the only say as to when or if they come back...... that is the dangerous part and he used it vindictively against Peterson

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

I just read the Personal Conduct Policy again and it didn't say the Commish needed permission from the team or the player to place them on the Commissioner's Exempt List

I may have missed something but that is how I read it

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just read the Personal Conduct Policy again and it didn't say the Commish needed permission from the team or the player to place them on the Commissioner's Exempt List

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

Peterson and Hardy were suspended by their own teams.

If Goddell could just move them to a banished list he would already have done it with Zeke and Brady before him.

Ghost12

Reaction score

You have a good point, but I just don't believe that putting someone on the exempt list without consent would hold up in court since that document is a unilateral statement by the league, and not something collectively bargained. I cannot find anything in the CBA relating to the process by which a player gets placed on the Commissioner's Exempt List (the list is mentioned in the CBA with regards to how it impacts roster limits, but I couldn't find anything relating to how you get there in the first place).

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You have a good point, but I just don't believe that putting someone on the exempt list without consent would hold up in court since that document is a unilateral statement by the league, and not something collectively bargained. I cannot find anything in the CBA relating to the process by which a player gets placed on the Commissioner's Exempt List (the list is mentioned in the CBA with regards to how it impacts roster limits, but I couldn't find anything relating to how you get there in the first place).
I just skimmed the whole CBA and didn't see anything definitive either way

The PDF I linked was the new Personal Conduct Policy and didn't help much

I was also trying to find out if players could be suspended for the playoffs and couldn't find anything

Maybe it is in the Drug and PED Policy