Zeke is on pace for 1,300+ yards

Batman1980

Reaction score
For $108 million, the highest contract ever for a runningback, I expect something special every time the ball touches his hands.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's what people used to say about Emmitt
I keep reminding ole roy this he like to troll and hate on zeke.. Zekes special but roy hates he got his big deal..hes blind to see how zeke is more then a volume back, some of the best backs in history were considered volume backs ie the more carried they got THE BETTER THEY GOT.. not get me more carried for more yards,,it means they get into a rythem and get better through the game they wear out the defense trying to tackle them and then break some bigger ones later..

Zekes big, fast for his size, and agile but hes not a jitterbug but thats no knock on a guy who weighs 220 and world class hurdler and always been great as aRB no matter the scheme..

he is like ES regardless of what ROY believes..:)

we have great back and a QB playing well with a OC with better feel for game call..its good right now,.no need to quibble..

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Zeke did well late in the game closing things out. However, the first 3 quarters were not up to par.

Zeke is a volume back. He gets his yards because he gets LOTS of carries. I just don't see that he has the big play making skills of some of the other top backs.
Todd Gurley was great yesterday oh wait.....saquan was great yesterday oh wait.... ummmmmm what top backs showed Zeke how it’s done yesterday? :huh:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Zeke has 17 career TDs of over 10 yards in 42 games.
Gurley has 17 in 60.
David Johnson has 15 in 51 games.
Kamara has 14 in 33 games.
Bell has 10 in 63 games.
Saquon has 9 in 18 games.
McCaffrey has 5 in 34 games.
Now do long runs.

windjc

Reaction score
Zeke who?

I would like to see Pollard get more carries. Right now, Pollard has a quicker initial burst and first cut. I'm not saying he is better, I am just saying we could do the same damage on the field if Pollard was getting 10 carries and Zeke was getting 18.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Todd Gurley was great yesterday oh wait.....saquan was great yesterday oh wait.... ummmmmm what top backs showed Zeke how it’s done yesterday? :huh:
yup what did Kamara and Mcaffrey do in game 2 of the season..

Look whomever is expecting because EE got paid that all of sudden hes better then he used to be.. zekes zeke and at seasons end he will be whos hes always been..smh which is great..

howd Tank and JS earn their deals so far this year? not great thats for sure.. all the overpaid QBs .. Sports does not work like that, most are overpaid and will never live up to the money..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke did well late in the game closing things out. However, the first 3 quarters were not up to par.

Zeke is a volume back. He gets his yards because he gets LOTS of carries. I just don't see that he has the big play making skills of some of the other top backs.
Other RBs get to add up their statistics from all 4 quarters, so why shouldn’t that apply to Zeke? Suppose Zeke had a big first quarter and was more average the rest of the game? Or better in the middle and not as much to start or end? Would we just not count whatever portion was best because he wasn’t as good the entire game?

The reality is no RB amasses his stats by being equally effective every quarter of every game, just as QBs don’t put up 300 yard games by gaining 75 yards every quarter. And realistically, Zeke actually did play well the entire game, it was just that he didn’t have the one long run until later in the game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Gurley has 17 in 60.
Bell has 10 in 63 games.

Are you talking about Runs only? The best RB's today catch the ball.

Gurley alone had over 20 TD's last year in 14 games. Zeke had 8 in 16.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Gurley has 17 in 60.
Bell has 10 in 63 games.

And where did you come up with this 10 yard thing? LOL Agenda much?

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
He hasn't been the most efficient back through two games, but without him, playaction isn't nearly as effective at pulling down the linebackers and safeties as it has been.

He's leading the league in decoy yards.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke had 4.8 YPC Sunday. A lot of that came when we had a lead and Washington knew we'd be running it at them.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

Zeke wears defenses down and often gets bigger yardage later in games, but that's exactly what you want from your back. They can no longer stop him after we've taken the lead and are running out the clock on them.

Dak and the passing game did all the heavy lifting. We built the lead on the back of Dak, not Zeke. Heck, Pollard looked better than Zeke. TD called back by penalty as well. Zeke did little the first 3 quarters to make a difference.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Other RBs get to add up their statistics from all 4 quarters, so why shouldn’t that apply to Zeke? Suppose Zeke had a big first quarter and was more average the rest of the game? Or better in the middle and not as much to start or end? Would we just not count whatever portion was best because he wasn’t as good the entire game?

The reality is no RB amasses his stats by being equally effective every quarter of every game, just as QBs don’t put up 300 yard games by gaining 75 yards every quarter. And realistically, Zeke actually did play well the entire game, it was just that he didn’t have the one long run until later in the game.

Im simply pointing out that Zeke didn't impress the first 3 quarters when it mattered most. RB's have great games, decent games, and bad games.
And no, he didn't play well all game.

And that one long run was when the game was over the defense had given up already.

If my opinion bothers you, I could care less.

I suppose he had a great game in week one also?

PoetTree

Reaction score
Gurley has 17 in 60.
Bell has 10 in 63 games.

If I could like this 10 times, I would.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
yup what did Kamara and Mcaffrey do in game 2 of the season..

Look whomever is expecting because EE got paid that all of sudden hes better then he used to be.. zekes zeke and at seasons end he will be whos hes always been..smh which is great..

howd Tank and JS earn their deals so far this year? not great thats for sure.. all the overpaid QBs .. Sports does not work like that, most are overpaid and will never live up to the money..
Everybody that got paid is having a bullseye on them lol. Tank should have 5 sacks, Jaylon 10 tackles for loss, Zeke 6 tds. Right? Lord help us when Dak gets paid.