News: Zeke is out against Chicago

coult44

Reaction score
Hitting a guy in his knees when he's running directly toward the tackler should be illegal. They went for Zeke's knees three times last week. I thought the NFL was serious about protecting the players?

let’s just stop playing tackle football

Rayman70

Reaction score
enter Malik Davis. This kid will get a chance in this game. Its asking alot of an udfa to be a decent pass protector for Dak but thats the reality. This scares me. Dak may get hurt. We need 2 use 12 personnel alot in this game. Gotta go heavy.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
enter Malik Davis. This kid will get a chance in this game. Its asking alot of an udfa to be a decent pass protector for Dak but thats the reality. This scares me. Dak may get hurt. We need 2 use 12 personnel alot in this game. Gotta go heavy.

Davis was an excellent runner in college.. His main issue was durability. He got hurt pretty much every season he was at Florida. But when healthy he was a good runner and receiver. He should be okay for spot duty on Sunday but I would not place Dak's safety in his hands. I'm sure he will try to block... but, like Pollard, he aint got enough rocks in his pocket.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Davis was an excellent runner in college.. His main issue was durability. He got hurt pretty much every season he was at Florida. But when healthy he was a good runner and receiver. He should be okay for spot duty on Sunday but I would not place Dak's safety in his hands. I'm sure he will try to block... but, like Pollard, he aint got enough rocks in his pocket.

As I mentioned previously, this is why being proactive is not is Dallas' wheelhouse at times. The Jets traded a conditional 6th to Jacksonville for RB James Robinson who is a dual capable rushing/receiving back who could have really helped Dallas for moments like this(Zeke out due to injury) and in the future (if Zeke is released).

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
We shall see when your beloved 20 misses a block to get Dak killed
It's up to Moore and Dak to scheme around that then.

Don't have long developing routes even Pollard needs to block out use someone else to block

phildadon86

Reaction score
No where other than this thread have I seen that Zeke is out Sunday. Even in fantasy he is still listed as Questionable. This thread somehow made it to 7 pages though...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I do not understand why this team flat out REFUSES to have THREE experienced RBs on the roster. If Zeke is out, how much will this staff trust Malik Davis or the other newbie. The entire game's workload will rest on Pollard.
Not much SEE MOORE use this as an excuse to go 3-4 wide and get Dak back to 300 yards and 30points LOL its Moore i dont trust.. he can say well we lost half our run game, time to go full pass happy!

can we throw on the bears i dont watch much of their games, can they be a beat if we open it up use pollard as well but one back all wide-open type plays.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No where other than this thread have I seen that Zeke is out Sunday. Even in fantasy he is still listed as Questionable. This thread somehow made it to 7 pages though...

Don't mistake what is being posted here as gospel. A lot of it is people hoping Zeke is hurt and doesn't play.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Shampklin was waived-injured. Got hurt in the last preseason game. Forgot the nature but it looked serious.

I hope he makes it back and they bring him in next season. He and Davis looked like a good 1-2 punch as post-Zeke options. Don't know what their blocking looks like but they can run.

Loso86

Reaction score
It's up to Moore and Dak to scheme around that then.

Don't have long developing routes even Pollard needs to block out use someone else to block
If he is an every down back he's gonna have to DO IT no excuses. Zeke doesn't get a pass for his inadequacies and neither should Pollard

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Fisher said this report is garbage. Zeke may not play, but that decision had NOT been made yet.

lukin2006

Reaction score
If he's out. Then next man up. Scheme around his absence. Oh wait, we got Moore?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Fisher said this report is garbage. Zeke may not play, but that decision had NOT been made yet.

Yeah until they announce he's out I'm not believing he's not playing. Not that guy.. He's tough as nails and he really loves to play. For a lot of players the game is just a job.. That's not the case for Zeke..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don't mistake what is being posted here as gospel. A lot of it is people hoping Zeke is hurt and doesn't play.
I am fan but believe he should take this opportunity given its the bears and then a BYE , get back right come hard for GB..good opportunity for 2 young backs off our PS to come up and get some snaps.

its win win for me.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I am fan but believe he should take this opportunity given its the bears and then a BYE , get back right come hard for GB..good opportunity for 2 young backs off our PS to come up and get some snaps.

its win win for me.

Oh no doubt the smart play is for Zeke to sit this game out and then be 3 weeks beyond the injury when they come back from the bye. I'm the guy who posted a few dozen times last year that he needed to sit until that knee calmed down last year. But football players and football teams don't always do what's smart.

Sydla

Reaction score

He ran hard in preseason. Will be interesting to see what he can do in a real game.

Running is going to be tougher without Zeke but Moore has to resist the urge to just go pass happy now.

offlimits

Reaction score
Not going to be pushing many piles with Pollard and we better hope he improves his blocking. We have to get the passing game going!

Will have to keep a TE to block on obvious passing downs

offlimits

Reaction score
I do yeah. He was probably tied up working on a pro wrestling deal or monster truck show (as most GMs are during the season).

Jerry will re scoop it and proclaim he may play.

The rumor is that perhaps AT&T stadium might host the WC Final in 2026. My guess is still the Rose Bowl.