News: Zeke is out against Chicago

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So, there IS a chance ...
mqdefault.jpg

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Good. Seems like learned from last year, don't just play him to play him. He's hurt, sit him, have him ready for the end of the year.

My concern with Pollard taking on a bigger load is he has durability issues of his own and was just hampered not too long ago.

plasticman

Reaction score
Well, those who believe that Zeke has no value or contribution to the recent success of the team will now have their opportunity to demonstrate this conviction.

However, since Zeke won't be "plodding" through the middle of the D-line on 3rd and short, Pollard is going to have to play both roles. I don't expect anything more from the other RB's, but we'll see.

There is also this modification to the offense. For every carry that Pollard doesn't take, there is one more passing play. That effectively negates Dak's "busdriver" role at quarterback. In fact, It also makes him the only alternative in the running game.

This aggravates the gameplan further. The Bears have a very good running game that they commit to in ways you will never see Kellen do. Part of their strategy is eating the clock, keeping an opponent offense off the field. Passing the ball slows down he clock.

Reactions: BAT

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Zeke is a trooper, but he needs to sit and rehab that knee. He is very lucky he was airborne when his knee got hit, if that helmet to knee shot was while his leg was still on the ground, its probably an ACL.

It will be good to see how the team operates with Zeke not in the lineup because this is his last year in Dallas for sure. His cap number in 2023 is $16.7 million and no guaranteed money left on the deal. We can save about $5 mill with a pre-June 1 cut or about $11 million with a post June 1 cut.

Either way, dude is gone after this year. No way in hell is Dallas paying Zeke almost $17 mill next year when he already is splitting carries with Pollard. $17 mill for a part time RB that has no home run speed aint happening.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Hitting a guy in his knees when he's running directly toward the tackler should be illegal. They went for Zeke's knees three times last week. I thought the NFL was serious about protecting the players?

you serious? Just outlaw tackling. Can’t hit em high, can’t hit em low. Just supposed to watch two players run like Forrest Gump right into one another.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
you serious? Just outlaw tackling. Can’t hit em high, can’t hit em low. Just supposed to watch two players run like Forrest Gump right into one another.

Exactly, there was nothing dirty at all about how the Lions tackled Zeke, its called football.

Besides, some RBs you can only tackle by taking out their knees. You ever see somebody try to tackle Derrik Henry up high? The defender usually gets stiff armed into next week, LOL!!!

Derrik Henry would have 3,000 yards rushing every season if the league outlawed tackling below the waist.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
We rooted out a Zeke....non-fan.

This guy wants Prescot hurt. Weird , for a cowboys fan.

So you accuse him of wanting Dak hurt yet all he expressed was obviously a desire to see more of Pollard so why start the BS when it's not needed? Simply respect his having his own opinion.

starfan1

Reaction score
We rooted out a Zeke....non-fan.

This guy wants Prescot hurt. Weird , for a cowboys fan.
I understand your reservation but it’s not a given that will happen . The last time that pollard played and zeke didn’t Prescott survived just fine

besides there’s probably a small faction here that would hope for it. Cowboy fans suck

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand your reservation but it’s not a given that will happen . The last time that pollard played and zeke didn’t Prescott survived just fine

besides there’s probably a small faction here that would hope for it. Cowboy fans suck
:(

All I can think about is Coop's game against the Eagles and watching that left side blitz go unchecked several times.

Of course it's not a given. EVen Zeke has missed a...couple. :cool::p

But it's only a matter of time and the opportunities do seem increased with Pollard extended playing time. IMO of course.

Rooting for Tony to have a great game as a featured back and keep Dak safe!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you accuse him of wanting Dak hurt yet all he expressed was obviously a desire to see more of Pollard so why start the BS when it's not needed? Simply respect his having his own opinion.
I may have been out of line there. But it's very concerning to me. I watched Pollard not just "whiff" against the Eagles....but not even SEE the incoming sacker.

That can't happen...he MUST recognize the open man and at least chuck 'im.

You admonish me for my comment but his ..."trolling"?...is okay? "The offense just got better". Come on. That's not an "opinion" it's a dig.