Twitter: Zeke: It would mean a lot to reach 1,000 yards rushing

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ezekiel Elliott needs 63 yards to reach 1,000 on the season. He has reached that figure in three of his first four seasons. He finished with 983 yards in 2017 when he was suspended for six games. “It would mean a lot,” he said. “I mean I’m not really worried about it. I want to win this football game and get a shot in the playoffs. But I mean, getting 1,000 yards in this league, it’s not easy. It’s definitely not easy. And it is an accomplishment, but it’s not really something I’m focused on.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You’re declining quick Zeke but you’re still getting attempts so you’ll get your numbers.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I can see why Zeke and Dak are such good friends - both of them are only interested in padding their personal stats and sticking it to Jerry for big pay days.

What Zeke should be focused on is being the best RB he can be to help the team win, and possibly get a playoff game. But nope, he's only interested in a personal stat.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
To get 1,000 yards rushing in a season means to average 62.5 yards a game for a 16 game season.....let's not act like it's some monumental task. As for Zeke, how about more along the lines of saying "Personal stats may be great for fantasy football but I could care less about my personal accolades as for me I would rather rush for 500 yards and win a Super Bowl than worry about surpassing 1,000 yards in a losing season."

aria

Reaction score
To get 1,000 yards rushing in a season means to average 62.5 yards a game for a 16 game season.....let's not act like it's some monumental task. As for Zeke, how about more along the lines of saying "Personal stats may be great for fantasy football but I could care less about my personal accolades as for me I would rather rush for 500 yards and win a Super Bowl than worry about surpassing 1,000 yards in a losing season."
He probably has no clue why getting 1K yards in todays league isn’t a big deal. 62.5 yards a game and he’s impressed with himself, such lofty goals ewok.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Meanwhile, if Henry has a 2nd half as good as his first half today, he might get 2k.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think it’s time to get rid of Zeke and just replace him with a blocker/short yardage guy.

Pollard is the guy I want getting touches of a play needs to be made.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Guess he didn’t want it too bad.
He tries at the end. This was a poor effort by this whole team including the staff. The giants should have never had a chance. I think nolan let them be comfortable and no way you let that qb be that way.. We didn’t bring pressure till the mid 3rd. Elliot was used by this staff like a guaranteed monster. Lol. Just another mistake..

aria

Reaction score
He tries at the end. This was a poor effort by this whole team including the staff. The giants should have never had a chance. I think nolan let them be comfortable and no way you let that qb be that way.. We didn’t bring pressure till the mid 3rd. Elliot was used by this staff like a guaranteed monster. Lol. Just another mistake..
Yeah, it kind of made me wonder....he seemed to look a little better in the 2nd half. Maybe it was just the way I viewed it but if he did actually look better in this game, 2nd half, whatever then what does that say about his effort in the other 13 games that he’s been average to below average?

Is he just not trying as hard in some games? It wouldn’t surprise me.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, it kind of made me wonder....he seemed to look a little better in the 2nd half. Maybe it was just the way I viewed it but if he did actually look better in this game, 2nd half, whatever then what does that say about his effort in the other 13 games that he’s been average to below average?

Is he just not trying as hard in some games? It wouldn’t surprise me.

its that mentality that Xavier Woods exposed when he said that there is no way to put out 100% effort on every play. Maybe it is the mindset of other players on that team that have not said it out loud. The reason he didn't get much flack from the team for saying that. To me that goes to the heart of a player. But i'm just sitting on my couch watching, so what do i know.?