Twitter: Zeke Looking Lean

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Generally OL penalties result from a mismatch they are getting beat from the false start because they are worried and hold because they are beat..Generally, not saying what you said could not also be a problem.
Yes...just getting physically beat is lot of it sure. Even then.....why so many? It says either we have the wrong people.....or....wrong plays/scheme/training.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What was reported was a partially torn PCL. Apparently that injury CAN heal with rest. It was just decided by the brain trust that the team could not afford to give him that time to rest in-season. I can't say I agree but that was their call and they made it. I guess it was torn enough that it could flare up on him in games but not enough that they thought surgery was warranted. Frankly I hate how they handled that. But the people who pay his salary decided he should play. More importantly (I think) they decided that Pollard could not cover their $160 million investment's backside well enough with the line playing as poorly as it did for long stretches. The knew that if Dak got hurt because Pollard threw a "lookout" block the season was over so they rolled a hobbled Zeke out there for 11 weeks and told him "don't let Dak get hurt no matter what you do! You're expendable.. he's not!".. It was ugly to watch.. but I understand.. I guess.
Zeke picked up the slack from a horrible OL, he was Daks last line of defense from an all out jail break bum rush on every play.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke picked up the slack from a horrible OL, he was Daks last line of defense from an all out jail break bum rush on every play.
I dare these guys to watch dak highlights....and claim to not see zeke at least chuck someone when hes in.

Come on zeke haters. Watch and count them. You might even understand why zeke us so beat up....if you have half a brain.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I dare these guys to watch dak highlights....and claim to not see zeke at least chuck someone when hes in.

Come on zeke haters. Watch and count them. You might even understand why zeke us so beat up....if you have half a brain.
I would rather Zeke be putting up great ground yardage stats for this forums stat lovers to appreciate, but it's just unachievable ground game for any RB that has to stay back on 3rd and long just to compensate for a horrible OL.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would rather Zeke be putting up great ground yardage stats for this forums stat lovers to appreciate, but it's just unachievable ground game for any RB that has to stay back on 3rd and long just to compensate for a horrible OL.
They cant put 2 and 2 together. 2016 zeke had a good line and didnt have to block with/for them .

Last three years hes had to....sacrificing yards and body. But now sucks.

Pretty crazy...from these self described experts.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They cant put 2 and 2 together. 2016 zeke had a good line and didnt have to block with/for them .

Last three years hes had to....sacrificing yards and body. But now sucks.

Pretty crazy...from these self described experts.
There is a need on this team now more than ever for a RB3, I will continue to bang the drum.
I

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a need on this team now more than ever for a RB3, I will continue to bang the drum.
I
I thought the guy from philly would help. Rb who threw a td pass in a super bowl. Moore and mm just couldnt figure it out.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Zeke was a happy cowboy when he was jumping into the Salvation Army pots, but I dont think Zeke really likes being Daks bodyguard anymore.
I dont think Zeke is really happy in that role, I really believe he wants to be unleashed.
Laugh away haters.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I thought the guy from philly would help. Rb who threw a td pass in a super bowl. Moore and mm just couldnt figure it out.
It was too much for our OC, if that can actually be such a thing.
KM has not used his best playmakers, in fact he has reduced careers and stunted potential playmakers like Pollard.
I dont have faith that KM even realizes the gift he has been given this year with James Washington.
He might waste him as well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was too much for our OC, if that can actually be such a thing.
KM has not used his best playmakers, in fact he has reduced careers and stunted potential playmakers like Pollard.
I dont have faith that KM even realizes the gift he has been given this year with James Washington.
He might waste him as well.
Totally agree. There are, with all due respect, people that think i am a pollard hating zeke sack hanger.
When in reality i want more pollard. What the crap is moore doing to pollard.....subbing him in when zeke raises his hand. THAT....is tonys play scheme? Its a shame and embarrassing for both of them.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Yeah and people bang on him for it. Being mad at a guy for giving up his body for the team makes no sense whatsoever. I guarantee you that knee will make him pay for that abuse in his later years.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Nope!!! Zeke will be picked up by the Buccaneers, Rams, or Chiefs next season and get a Superbowl ring within the next 2 years following.

Quite possibly. You never know, lots of ex-NFL players, not ex-Cowboys, live in the Dallas area, Zeke may well just not want to pull up roots and move somewhere else. And isn't the cap expected to make a big jump in 2023? Cowboys might re-do Zeke's contract rather than sign free agents with that money.

Nobody knows, should make for interesting discussion...

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Back in 2016 if you had told me that in 2022 people would be defending Zeke by going on and on about how he sacrifices himself as a blocking machine I would have told you that you are crazy. Yet here we are.

dfense

Reaction score
The real question is, who will have more yards? Pollard or Zeke?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Back in 2016 if you had told me that in 2022 people would be defending Zeke by going on and on about how he sacrifices himself as a blocking machine I would have told you that you are crazy. Yet here we are.

Cowboys fans are a fickle bunch. Always have been.

Back in the mid-60's many were calling for Landry to be fired.
In the late 60's they wanted Meredith gone and Morton to take over.
Back in the late 80's they were again calling for Landry to be fired.
When Jerry bought the team and fired Landry the same fans were screaming Jerry was an, well, you know what for bringing in Jimmy Johnson.
Many were screaming for Barber to be the main running back, and when he was so named he promptly became not nearly as effective.
Now they want Zeke replaced with an undersized running back, who couldn't stay healthy even as a part time back, and who never was a full time running back even in college.

Good thing fans don't run the Cowboys....