Twitter: Zeke named NFC Offensive Player of the Week

DFWJC

Reaction score
I was thinking of the 2007 team yesterday, I think from something another poster mentioned about talent.
Marion Barber was a good player. But he just would not have scored on all these long runs by Zeke.
It's VERY hard for any offense to have 3-4 sustained drives all ending in TDs in one game. This team doesn't have to do it score a lot of points.
This is a big play league.
These long scoring runs turn possible FGs into 7 points.

I've never seen it in all my years and it's a huge credit to the line, but Zeke scored all three of his TDs without a single defender touching him.

Last edited:

Daillest88

Reaction score
How fast is Zeke? It's funny I see these guys who run 40s in the 4.3 range and can't keep up with EzE. Ryan Shazier who runs a 4.38 couldn't catch him and this is a dude in training camp who out ran all his receivers in a foot race lol..crazy thing you look at Zeke he doesn't look that fast

popp1234

Reaction score
How fast is Zeke? It's funny I see these guys who run 40s in the 4.3 range and can't keep up with EzE. Ryan Shazier who runs a 4.38 couldn't catch him and this is a dude in training camp who out ran all his receivers in a foot race lol..crazy thing you look at Zeke he doesn't look that fast

Yeah, Zeke has good speed. I think the best thing is that it carries over to the football field and not just on a track. In other words, he has great "football speed" (fast acceleration and able to maintain speed to go the distance in pads too).

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well-deserved award -- yet another tip of the hat for a job well done. The accolades just keep coming, don't they? :bow:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Zeke is fast--especially for his size. I think it's 4.45 range.
But if a running back has already picked up full speed from 7 yards back in th backfield, it's kind of hard for a defender to turn around and make up that time. It's a huge head start momentum-wise..

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Faster than most NFL defenses............

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score

If they ran 100 more yards Shazier would catch him but not much difference in speed for him to close the distance from the angle he took

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Zeke is fast--especially for his size. I think it's 4.45 range.
But if a running back has already picked up full speed from 7 yards back in th backfield, it's kind of hard for a defender to turn around and make up that time. It's a huge head start momentum-wise..

Yes, unless the defender has an angle, it's hard to catch players from behind unless you are a quite a bit faster than they are.

An example i found online:

A person who runs a 4.4, or a decent 40 time gets about 9.1 yards per second. A 4.6 person would run 8.7 yards per second. Meaning over the course of 5 seconds or 40 plus yards would be 2 yards.

Most of the time when we see players chased down from behind it is because the defender had the angle.

ringmaster

Reaction score
I was thinking of the 2007 team yesterday, I think from something another poster mentioned about talent.
Marion Barber was a good player. But he just would not have scored on all these long runs by Zeke.
It's VERY hard for any offense to have 3-4 sustained drives all ending in TDs in one game. This team doesn't have to do it score a lot of points.
This is a big play league.
These long scoring runs turn possible FGs into 7 points.

I've never seen it in all my years and it's a huge credit to the line, but Zeke scored all three of his TDs without a single defender touching him.
Yes I agree that while MB3, and Murray were very good RBs here neither one is one Zeke's level the long TDs Zeke scored on like the 60 yd TD against Cincy, and the 83yd screen TD against the Steelers both Barber, and Murray would've been caught from behind granted they were both short to medium yardage guys and what I mean by that is from 10 to 40 yds both Barber, and Murray were great but from 40yds or greater they both were average imo Zeke is the total package when it comes to gaining yards from short, medium, and long range happy to have this dynamic player on our team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4.47 at the combine but if they timed players in pads he would likely be the fastest. Pads slow some players down more than others.