Twitter: Zeke on sitting: “You’re gonna have to drag me off the field.”

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity.. what is the Cowboys' record since they started giving Zeke fewer carries? Asking for a friend..

Anytime we ask Dak to do less it’s better for our football team and Zeke was a lot better early on. He surprised me.

But.

Pollard has 163 yards less than Zeke and Zeke ha 66 more carries.

If you want a more productive run game the answer is simple.. Give Pollard more carries and Zeke less.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well calm down there fellow.

Zeke desire to play isn't a product of a message board, or even fans....you can be sure of that.

It's been ingrained in him, and many athletes, since childhood.

You’re the one who came at me using the word wow! You’re the one who needs to calm down. lol I never gave my opinion I gave the opinion of some fans and those in the media. Zeke entered training camp this past summer in the best shape many have seen him in due to a lot of the criticism he’s received from fans and some in the media. There’s been a lot of talk about his lack of speed and big plays. Many have wanted to see more of Pollard. Don’t think for one second that all the talk about his declining skills hasn’t motivated him. He hears the talk and has to answer to the questions. He doesn’t want Pollard getting more opportunities. He probably feels he’s being pushed aside already having to split carries with him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Anytime we ask Dak to do less it’s better for our football team and Zeke was a lot better early on. He surprised me.

But.

Pollard has 163 yards less than Zeke and Zeke ha 66 more carries.

If you want a more productive run game the answer is simple.. Give Pollard more carries and Zeke less.

How many of Pollard's yards have come on jet sweeps, wildcat and other gadget plays. 10%? 20%? 30? Whatever number you settle on he doesn't get those without Zeke on the field to hold the attention of the defense just that half tick.. or in the case of the wildcat run against KC, get the block that springs him. Point being.. Zeke's presence is benefitting Pollard.. as yet the reverse is not true. Obviously that could change if Pollard continues to light it up.. but he's going to need more than one big run every other game for that to really be true. Teams can live with him breaking one every blue moon if all he does on the rest of his carries is ~ 2 ypc like it was against the Saints. You know that as well as I do.

Look we both know Zeke is hurt and he's not going to return to his pre-injury form until whatever ails him heals. Unfortunately that may not happen until the offseason. So that means they need to using Pollard more.. But he's got to produce more consistently for that to truly benefit the team. And obviously he has to earn the coaching staff's trust as far as blitz pickup. This is primarily a passing team so if you can't protect the QB's backside you are going play less. It is what it is and it's not changing until Kellen Moore gets a head coaching job somewhere else. I just hope Moore loses this stubborn insistence that 90% of running plays need to be up the gut no matter WHO is getting the ball. As poorly as our line has been no back is going to survive a season of that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s heard it since week 2 of the season. It won’t help him or make him run any better.

Pollard is just that guy now and the team is putting Zeke and his contract ahead of the Dallas Cowboys chance at success.

For Zeke to get better the OL needs to get better. Pollard only had 13 yards rushing off 6 carries until his 7th carry gained him 58 yards. He reminds me of Felix Jones and to some degree Joseph Randle. Pollard won’t be as effective carrying the load. He has too many small gains and no gains. Zeke can still churn out 3 or 4 yards when there’s nothing there. Pollard needs some space to maneuver and break free

phildadon86

Reaction score
How many of Pollard's yards have come on jet sweeps, wildcat and other gadget plays. 10%? 20%? 30? Whatever number you settle on he doesn't get those without Zeke on the field to hold the attention of the defense just that half tick.. or in the case of the wildcat run against KC, get the block that springs him. Point being.. Zeke's presence is benefitting Pollard.. as yet the reverse is not true. Obviously that could change if Pollard continues to light it up.. but he's going to need more than one big run every other game for that to really be true. Teams can live with him breaking one every blue moon if all he does on the rest of his carries is ~ 2 ypc like it was against the Saints. You know that as well as I do.

Look we both know Zeke is hurt and he's not going to return to his pre-injury form until whatever ails him heals. Unfortunately that may not happen until the offseason. So that means they need to using Pollard more.. But he's got to produce more consistently for that to truly benefit the team. And obviously he has to earn the coaching staff's trust as far as blitz pickup. This is primarily a passing team so if you can't protect the QB's backside you are going play less. It is what it is and it's not changing until Kellen Moore gets a head coaching job somewhere else. I just hope Moore loses this stubborn insistence that 90% of running plays need to be up the gut no matter WHO is getting the ball. As poorly as our line has been no back is going to survive a season of that.
It really is baffling that people talk about Zeke and Pollard after watching Pollard have 0 success between the tackles as well as Zeke. lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For Zeke to get better the OL needs to get better. Pollard only had 13 yards rushing off 6 carries until his 7th carry gained him 58 yards. He reminds me of Felix Jones and to some degree Joseph Randle. Pollard won’t be as effective carrying the load. He has too many small gains and no gains. Zeke can still churn out 3 or 4 yards when there’s nothing there.

Zeke isn’t effective carrying the load. He’s quite crap.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke isn’t effective carrying the load. He’s quite crap.

Neither back would be effective carrying the load with our OL problems. The past few weeks it’s been like running into a brick wall. Behind this OL we need a powerful runner who can push the pile. Pollard needs some space to be effective. Fans have gotten put off with him when he has negative plays and can’t gain a yard on third down. A couple of years ago in Philly on a critical third and one he took a loss.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Neither back would be effective carrying the load with our OL problems. Behind this OL we need a powerful runner who can push the pile. Pollard needs some space to be effective. Fans have gotten put off with him when he has negative plays and can’t gain a yard on third down. A couple of years ago in Philly on a critical third and one he took a loss.

“Neither back is effective.”

Watches Pollard hit his head on the goal post against the best run defense in football.

Daillest88

Reaction score
The run blocking in general has been crap. Line is not playing as one. That’s the huge problem.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then let him be dragged out on a stretcher. Our organization is so dysfunctional.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
“Neither back is effective.”

Watches Pollard hit his head on the goal post against the best run defense in football.

His rushing totals are jacked up due to one or two good bursts. He’s a good player but he’s basically Felix Jones/Joseph Randle. I can assure you Pollard would fall out of favor real quick with the fan base if he was our bell cow. He’s a good complementary back and that’s it. Allow Zeke to soften the defense and Pollard looks good.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He’s heard it since week 2 of the season. It won’t help him or make him run any better.

Pollard is just that guy now and the team is putting Zeke and his contract ahead of the Dallas Cowboys chance at success.
False. Salary has nothing to do with this. You're making things up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
His rushing totals are jacked up due to one or two good bursts. He’s a good player but he’s basically Felix Jones/Joseph Randle. I can assure you Pollard would fall out of favor real quick with the fan base if he was our bell cow. He’s a good complementary back and that’s it.

Yes.. A lot of RBs made careers out of hitting the big play.

Sometimes that’s how the running game works.

Pollard is a homerun hitter. A big play guy. I’m not shocked he had a big play. That’s part of his game.

Cmac

Reaction score
If this were SLee.....he would have presented the key to the city, on this board.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes.. A lot of RBs made careers out of hitting the big play.

Sometimes that’s how the running game works.

Pollard is a homerun hitter. A big play guy. I’m not shocked he had a big play. That’s part of his game.

Pollard is a home run hitter but you also need some base hits. Felix Jones and Joseph Randle were home run hitters but that was it. Their home runs and yards per carry plummeted when they became every down backs. Troy Hambrick and Marion Barber also provided a lot of big plays in relief. All those backs earned starting roles because of the home runs but they weren’t consistent. Most averaged under 4 yards a carry in games. Pollard would be under 4 yards a carry if it wasn’t for the big plays.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pollard is a home run hitter but you also need some base hits. Felix Jones and Joseph Randle were home run hitters but that was it. Their home runs and yards per carry plummeted when they became every down backs. Troy Hambrick and Marion Barber also provided a lot of big plays in relief. All those backs earned starting roles because of the home runs but they weren’t consistent. Most averaged under 4 yards a carry in games. Pollard would be under 4 yards a carry if it wasn’t for the big plays.

Who cares about Felix Jones and Joseph Randle?

If you want to go that route than Zeke looks like Marion Barber at the end of his time here.

Some of you can only equate things to Cowboys football.

Hey let me participate in your stupidity. I think Pollard is Tony Dorsett because his name is Tony and he is fast.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Love his heart but if he’s gimping around this week again they gotta consider benching him