Twitter: Zeke on sitting: “You’re gonna have to drag me off the field.”

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As usual with this guy, it is all about him and what he wants, not what is best for the team.
And dak and jerry want him to play , so he will. He will get at least half the snaps.

No player wants to share snaps with another player. It gives the other player an opportunity to steal your job.

RaZon

Reaction score
I have never seen a guy where it was.....oh sit me down sit me down......of course he wants to play ya think? All we are hearing is how great Pollard is. Ok let him out there and feed him the ball bang that line run over those backers smash into well hell everyone in the way, 25 carries sounds about right as Zeke sips a lemonade at home feet up and relaxed,

Zeke has no juice because of his knee, it's not about getting worst it's about getting better, just be cool and watch the next Tony Dorsett do his thing.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No player wants to share snaps with another player. It gives the other player an opportunity to steal your job.
and that is self concerned, not team concerned. plus elliot just wants to play even if he cant do the job very good.

Also as a rule if starter is hurt, they may replace him , but when fully healthy he would be starter again, and then if he doesnt do well he might lose
his job.
Last year fournette filled in for jones, and then jones got the job back, didnt do that great, so they wound up playing fournette more in SB game, then
this year fournette became the starter.

Elliot is a "me" oriented person.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Just wait for him to bust an 8 yard gain and he will take himself off the field after celebrating with feed me.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
and that is self concerned, not team concerned. plus elliot just wants to play even if he cant do the job very good.

Zeke was drafted in the top 5 to carry the load. This is why we paid him all that money a few years later. He’s not complaining about sharing snaps with Pollard but he’s hearing what the fans and media are saying. If you feel your job security is being threatened by someone else you don’t want them getting all the opportunities. We moved on from Emmitt Smith because Troy Hambrick was so good in relief. Jerry thought he would be a great every down back and he wasn’t. I have no problem with Zeke wanting to be out there. I would have a problem with a player that didn’t. No player wants another player taking their job and if you listen to fans here many want Pollard as the every down back over Zeke. You sound like you may feel that way yourself.

FreePollard

Reaction score
As usual with this guy, it is all about him and what he wants, not what is best for the team.
And dak and jerry want him to play , so he will. He will get at least half the snaps.
100%. He realizes Pollard has looked better than him running the ball this season...he isn't an idiot. Even Jerry has started hyping Pollard up lately. Granted Pollard now is dealing with an injury, but all it would have taken is for Zeke to hit the IR for 3 games when he was first dealing with this injury (when we were 6-1 with no reason to push him besides selfishness), and given 20-25 touches a game over that span, Zeke realistically might have lost his job (or at least a role where he is dominating the touches).

FreePollard

Reaction score
Zeke was drafted in the top 5 to carry the load. This is why we paid him all that money a few years later. He’s not complaining about sharing snaps with Pollard but he’s hearing what the fans and media are saying. If you feel your job security is being threatened by someone else you don’t want them getting all the opportunities. We moved on from Emmitt Smith because Troy Hambrick was so good in relief. Jerry thought he would be a great every down back and he wasn’t. I have no problem with Zeke wanting to be out there. I would have a problem with a player that didn’t. No player wants another player taking their job and if you listen to fans here many want Pollard as the every down back over Zeke. You sound like you may feel that way yourself.
When he's unable to get to the edge and coming up lame out of bounds on 3 to 5 yard runs that Pollard would have had 15-30 yards on...that's when "I have a problem with him wanting to be out there" because he clearly isn't helping the team at that point.

FreePollard

Reaction score
Zeke's avg is 4.4 per carry.

But hes down to 14.x rushes a game.

He needs more carries.
Pollard is at 5.6 per carry...but he only has 8.9 attempts a game. You don't see an issue with that?

"Pick a metric. Any metric. Pollard is better. Yards per touch? 6.1-4.8 Pollard. Broken/forced missed tackles? 39%-31% Pollard. Yards created per touch? 3.26-2.65 Pollard. Pollard has been far more efficient as a pass catcher than Elliott, averaging 8.8 yards per reception compared to 6.0 from Zeke. Elliott may have more power, but Pollard is far more explosive. There’s really nothing Elliott does better than Pollard."

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/ezekiel-elliott-or-tony-pollard-fantasy-start-sit-2021-nflwk-13/

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't read many of the responses, but anyone speaking negative has either never strapped it on, or if you did, I wouldn't want you on my team. He's the type of player that I would bust my butt for.......

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When he's unable to get to the edge and coming up lame out of bounds on 3 to 5 yard runs that Pollard would have had 15-30 yards on...that's when "I have a problem with him wanting to be out there" because he clearly isn't helping the team at that point.

The Cowboys obviously don’t feel the same way you do. He’s a much better blocker than Pollard. Pollard had 7 carries last week and averaged just over 2 yards a carry on his first 6 carries. When he’s not popping a big run he’s averaging under 4 yards a carry. With the OL struggles we need someone who can churn out the tough yards. We need both backs. I don’t believe Pollard alone can get it done. I’ll keep saying it he’s a complementary back.

CWR

Reaction score

Not Zekes fault. He's playing through pain, and no matter how much he gets crapped on he's a tough *******. It's up to the coaches to recognize his limitations and pull him.

FreePollard

Reaction score
The Cowboys obviously don’t feel the same way you do. He’s a much better blocker than Pollard. Pollard had 7 carries last week and averaged just over 2 yards a carry on his first 6 carries. When he’s not popping a big run he’s averaging under 4 yards a carry. With the OL struggles we need someone who can churn out the tough yards. We need both backs. I don’t believe Pollard alone can get it done. I’ll keep saying it he’s a complementary back.
LOL the Cowboys have 16 million reasons to feel the way they do...in reality though it's clear they feel exactly the way I do otherwise Zeke wouldn't be in a 60/40 touches split with a guy making 16 times less than he does.

And I must have missed that part of the game last week...the one where Zeke was "churning tough yards" while Pollard was struggling at first. Oh wait, Zeke also was averaging barely over 2 a carry. Want to know the difference though? Every time Pollard touches the ball he has the potential to house one. Zeke on the other hand? He'll eventually hit one of his patented "feed me" 8 yard runs and that will boost his average up to around 3.5 a carry...exactly where he finished the game at.

Edit: You do realize statistically Pollard has been far superior at breaking tackles than Zeke has too, right? And where a 3rd/4th and 1 used to be automatic for Zeke is now 50/50 at best? Sadly he is washed...he has taken a BEATING throughout his career and he doesn't have the body type someone like Derrick Henry has to sustain it.

Last thing I'm going to say because I'm sure it sounds like I have some crazy hatred for Zeke...those first few years when he wasn't worn down, there weren't many, if any, better than him at the position when you take into account the entire package (blocking, running, receiving, etc.). That said, it's obvious he isn't the same player anymore and the stats back that up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL the Cowboys have 16 million reasons to feel the way they do...in reality though it's clear they feel exactly the way I do otherwise Zeke wouldn't be in a 60/40 touches split with a guy making 16 times less than he does.

And I must have missed that part of the game last week...the one where Zeke was "churning tough yards" while Pollard was struggling at first. Oh wait, Zeke also was averaging barely over 2 a carry. Want to know the difference though? Every time Pollard touches the ball he has the potential to house one. Zeke on the other hand? He'll eventually hit one of his patented "feed me" 8 yard runs and that will boost his average up to around 3.5 a carry...exactly where he finished the game at.

Edit: You do realize statistically Pollard has been far superior at breaking tackles than Zeke has too, right? And where a 3rd/4th and 1 used to be automatic for Zeke is now 50/50 at best? Sadly he is washed...he has taken a BEATING throughout his career and he doesn't have the body type someone like Derrick Henry has to sustain it.

Last thing I'm going to say because I'm sure it sounds like I have some crazy hatred for Zeke...those first few years when he wasn't worn down, there weren't many, if any, better than him at the position when you take into account the entire package (blocking, running, receiving, etc.). That said, it's obvious he isn't the same player anymore and the stats back that up.

It’s obvious how you feel about Pollard by your username. No offense but didn’t even bother to read any of that. Got other things I’d rather be doing. I gave you my opinion.