Twitter: Zeke on sitting: “You’re gonna have to drag me off the field.”

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Im glad Zeke has limped through his injury but he’s been good in a handful of games, if that, for 2 seasons.

Kamara is struggling too.

Gurley & Leveon Bell are both out of the league and signed contracts the same time as Zeke.

Zeke might show up here and there for the rest of his career but 2016 & 17 Zeke is gone. He’s on the downside. He can’t carry the load and he needs his role significantly reduced.

His role HAS been significantly reduced.. The results speak for themselves. The Cowboys are 6-0 when Zeke has had at least 15 carries.. They are 2-4 when he doesn't. When Zeke was rolling so were the Cowboys.. When Zeke stopped rolling so did the Cowboys.. Draw your own conclusions.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
His role HAS been significantly reduced.. The results speak for themselves. The Cowboys are 6-0 when Zeke has had at least 15 carries.. They are 2-4 when he doesn't. When Zeke was rolling so were the Cowboys.. When Zeke stopped rolling so did the Cowboys.. Draw your own conclusions.

Its the effectiveness of the run game. It has nothing to do with who specifically is running the ball. Zeke is not doing anything special at all.

His special play of the season was 3rd and 11 against the Vikings.

Him running the ball is nothing special at all.

The Patriots are having a ton of success with guys they will replace when their contracts are over.

The biggest problem over the past month is the team getting away from the run and asking Dak to carry us. It has nothing to do with Zeke.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Its the effectiveness of the run game. It has nothing to do with who specifically is running the ball. Zeke is not doing anything special at all.

His special play of the season was 3rd and 11 against the Vikings.

Him running the ball is nothing special at all.

The Patriots are having a ton of success with guys they will replace when their contracts are over.

6-0.. 2-4.. Take your pick.. The reason Zeke is not doing anything special is twofold.. One is the blocking has been piss poor and two the plays he is asked to run are straight garbage. Pollard gains even less on those plays than Zeke does.. Fortunately for Pollard Moore will occasionally give him a gadget run and OMG a toss sweep or he'd be averaging < 4 ypc as well. Moore doesn't call those plays for Zeke because there is nobody on the field to take the defense's attention away from Zeke to allow them to work. I'd love to see what Zeke would do on 2-3 jet sweeps a game when the first person sent to tackle him is a cornerback!! But it won't work.. the instant he came in motion all the linebackers and both safeties would zero in on him.. That's not likely to change any time soon. But it sure would be fun to watch. In fact what the Cowboys SHOULD do is hand Zeke the jet sweep 2-3 times in the first half so that when they faked it in the 3rd quarter the entire defense would get sucked up and Cooper and Lamb would both be streaking unimpeded to the end zone.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
6-0.. 2-4.. Take your pick.. The reason Zeke is not doing anything special is twofold.. One is the blocking has been piss poor and two the plays he is asked to run are straight garbage. Pollard gains even less on those plays than Zeke does.. Fortunately for Pollard Moore will occasionally give him a gadget run and OMG a toss sweep or he'd be averaging < 4 ypc as well. Moore doesn't call those plays for Zeke because there is nobody on the field to take the defense's attention away from Zeke to allow them to work. I'd love to see what Zeke would do on 2-3 jet sweeps a game when the first person sent to tackle him is a cornerback!! But it won't work.. the instant he came in motion all the linebackers and both safeties would zero in on him.. That's not likely to change any time soon. But it sure would be fun to watch. In fact what the Cowboys SHOULD do is hand Zeke the jet sweep 2-3 times in the first half so that when they faked it in the 3rd quarter the entire defense would get sucked up and Cooper and Lamb would both be streaking unimpeded to the end zone.

Yeah.. Sorry.. Not buying its Zeke specific. That’s something you can sell to some other sucker.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Not effectively he can't. He's been non-existent for most of the year.

Rockport, you may be right, but I remember that he came out of the gate running and catching the ball really well. I do agree that the last 3-4 games he has not been sharp.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah.. Sorry.. Not buying its Zeke specific. That’s something you can sell to some other sucker.

Well then if it's not Zeke specific why the clamor to "reduce his workload" any more than it already has been?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well then if it's not Zeke specific why the clamor to "reduce his workload" any more than it already has been?

Because I want to increase Pollards.

Zeke can go block something for all I care.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
How many of Pollard's yards have come on jet sweeps, wildcat and other gadget plays. 10%? 20%? 30? Whatever number you settle on he doesn't get those without Zeke on the field to hold the attention of the defense just that half tick.. or in the case of the wildcat run against KC, get the block that springs him. Point being.. Zeke's presence is benefitting Pollard.. as yet the reverse is not true. Obviously that could change if Pollard continues to light it up.. but he's going to need more than one big run every other game for that to really be true. Teams can live with him breaking one every blue moon if all he does on the rest of his carries is ~ 2 ypc like it was against the Saints. You know that as well as I do.

Look we both know Zeke is hurt and he's not going to return to his pre-injury form until whatever ails him heals. Unfortunately that may not happen until the offseason. So that means they need to using Pollard more.. But he's got to produce more consistently for that to truly benefit the team. And obviously he has to earn the coaching staff's trust as far as blitz pickup. This is primarily a passing team so if you can't protect the QB's backside you are going play less. It is what it is and it's not changing until Kellen Moore gets a head coaching job somewhere else. I just hope Moore loses this stubborn insistence that 90% of running plays need to be up the gut no matter WHO is getting the ball. As poorly as our line has been no back is going to survive a season of that.

Reminds me of Hambrick when so many fans claimed he was our franchise RB if we forced Emmitt to sit. This doesn't mean Pollard doesn't have skills and a definite place on this offense, but it's a whole new world being the feature back on every down.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don’t mind him playing, but there are no excuses for poor performance. If he is too hurt to be effective then he needs to sit. If he feels he is ready to go, then be effective and playing hurt is not an excuse not to.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Reminds me of Hambrick when so many fans claimed he was our franchise RB if we forced Emmitt to sit. This doesn't mean Pollard doesn't have skills and a definite place on this offense, but it's a whole new world being the feature back on every down.
We don’t need a feature back. And pollard makes hamrick look like a chump.

Sydla

Reaction score
Admirable but when you look as slow as he did in the Saints game, you aren’t helping the team.

nobody

Reaction score
Admirable but when you look as slow as he did in the Saints game, you aren’t helping the team.

That being said, it's on the coaches to pull him. He's a fighter and wants to be out there. He's not just trying to draw a paycheck. With the O-line woes any RB is going to struggle some, but he's clearly hurt. With the horrible protection he helps a lot. It's a hard call. I respect him and don't blame him for wanting to stay in. I think it should be on the coaches and medical staff to decide though.

I don't think Pollard can block near as well as Zeke. Pollard is a change of pace back. I think he could hand the Washington game while Zeke sat, but more than that? No.

It's also about who Dak trusts out there to have his back on blitz pick ups.