Zeke possible landing spots: Chargers/Browns

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hes gonna spell Nick Chubb?

i can tell you right now....he wont get more than 10 touches

Chargers would be ideal.....
They also expressed interest in injury backup.

The 10 touches thing is not exactly nostradamus-like. They look for a breather, and a couple goal line TDs. It will be much the same at san diego.

quickccc

Reaction score

Chargers only be ideal cuz Kellen is very familiar ties with Zeke.
Plodding power runs, blitz block and very productive/effective goal line TD runner.

And last i heard Chargers current star RB Austin Ekler is in the midst of trade rumors.

Could ZKE end up being up starting feature back,.. rather than be Austin's backup ?

Stay Tuned. ..

quickccc

Reaction score

Zeke could get more touches and play time, as productive as Chubb has been career wise, he does have his share of dings that causes him to miss time.

Irony of it is Zeke has been one of the more durable RBs in the NFL over a career span.

I would not expect Zeke to challenge Chubb, as Nick as been one of the biggest splash play RBs around for some time.
But could Zeke be the new Kareem Hunt backup role in Cleveland behind Chubb ?

Mr_437

Reaction score
The Browns and Chargers have unproven RB2s, but they do have young guys they've invested mid round drafts on. Zeke doesn't offer any STs value, so he's more suited to be an RB2 opposed to an RB3. Are these teams willing to pull the plug on their guys to bring in Zeke?

Staubacher

Reaction score
Sounds like his agent is putting out stories again. Remember when there was gonna be a bidding war for him lol

No team is thinking about Zeke right now. At best he gets a deal last minute or mid-season with a desperate team. I wouldn't be surprised if no one picks him up.

He's washed. Anyone without a ceiling poster of him knows it

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like his agent is putting out stories again. Remember when there was gonna be a bidding war for him lol

No team is thinking about Zeke right now. At best he gets a deal last minute or mid-season with a desperate team. I wouldn't be surprised if no one picks him up.

He's washed. Anyone without a ceiling poster of him knows it
Wanna bet me? I bet he signs.

No...I do NOT have a "ceiling poster"...nor any poster, nor jersey ...or card.

Just don;t hate him as much as you do.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
LOL, ...there's no interest in Zeke at the moment. No one believes he is their answer for backup, much less get in the rotation. IF he gets interest it will be like was said above, desperate team with running back injuries. That comes during training camp. Most, except for his fan club and some on this board, know he is washed, a shell of himself, and not worth the money he is probably seeking at this time. Hard truth. Accept it.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Zeke could get more touches and play time, as productive as Chubb has been career wise, he does have his share of dings that causes him to miss time.

Irony of it is Zeke has been one of the more durable RBs in the NFL over a career span.

I would not expect Zeke to challenge Chubb, as Nick as been one of the biggest splash play RBs around for some time.
But could Zeke be the new Kareem Hunt backup role in Cleveland behind Chubb ?
Good balanced post, do you see Zeke as a RB2?

Staubacher

Reaction score

I don't continue discussions with people who throw out the hate word. It's a conversation killer. Bye.

quickccc

Reaction score
Good balanced post, do you see Zeke as a RB2?
i see ZKE as a backup on another NFL team behind an well established starter, ..
.. or competing for a possible starter's role on an NFL team that clearly does not have an established starter.

- As much as i really loved him when he was da bomb at the height of his early Cowboys career, ..I do not/would not want him back as a backup RB here with Cowboys.

- While I still think he can be a very productive, hard to stop goal line runner - I don't think his current game and status is conducive for what this new direction of offense with the RBs
is going, and needs to go.

- I think this new McCarthy/Schott led RB attack will place more emphasize on splash big plays and quick hitting running, and open field in the second level of defenders.
Zeke has very little speed for that at this stage.

- Those misdirection and stretch plays where it depends very heavily upon a RB quickly getting into and out of a slanting hole, Zeke lumbers and labors now to get to the stage.
He's running in thick mud. I really want to see what younger, more burst, more springy RBs can do for this offense, than what the current Zeke can bring.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Here you go, Zeke, they're always hiring....

png-transparent-circle-design-taco-logo-taco-bell-los-logos-taco-taco-text-purple-thumbnail.png

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score

As a coach and NFL GM I don't think you can sign him this early in the season. You have to give your young guys a chance to prove what they can do.

One has more than enough tape to know what Zeke can do for you. You are obligated to figure out the unknowns first before making any decisions.

Last, one would hate to pull the trigger early for a vet FA only to find out in the season, due to an injury, you need another position filled with the cap dollars. Now most teams can afford anyone they want and manipulate the cap, but do you really want to make a quick move when you don't have to?