Twitter: Zeke posts on twitter in reply to official Cowboys tweet on Mike Weber

JBS

Reaction score
It's been mentioned by spags that the Aug 6 deadline doesn't apply to Zeke..can someone explain why? If I missed it in another thread, my apologies

Plankton

Reaction score
It's been mentioned by spags that the Aug 6 deadline doesn't apply to Zeke..can someone explain why? If I missed it in another thread, my apologies

Because he's still under contract for two more seasons. By the time he completes the two seasons, so long as he reports on time next year, he will be a UFA after the 2020 season.

JBS

Reaction score
Because he's still under contract for two more seasons. By the time he completes the two seasons, so long as he reports on time next year, he will be a UFA after the 2020 season.

OK perfect..this makes sense then..thank you

Little Jr

Reaction score
It does apply to Zeke. But if he holdouts past Aug 6th he's using this year as his big stand on getting a new deal. If cowboys hold out on him, they know he can't and won't hold out next past the reporting date to get his accured season. If he does he would be a RFA.

Flamma

Reaction score
As long as Dallas has a halfway decent RB I really don't care what Zeke does. I'm really not hoping one way or the other. Because if this team collapses without him, they have more problems than just paying Zeke. Outside of that I see a positive to both sides of this. If he plays, great. If he holds out we'll get to see how well Dak does without the beast in the backfield. We'll get to see the individual value of both players.