Twitter: Zeke posts on twitter in reply to official Cowboys tweet on Mike Weber

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair most people who get cut either refuse a paycut or cannot physically perform.

If I can't perform at my job i'll get fired and cut just like literally 99% of the real world (millionaire athletes don't get exemptions from the real world).

Plus you have the whole their getting paid obscene money to play a game thing.

I'll never side with the players. They are spoiled rotten and entitled.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If a player gets cut, he still has the guaranteed portion of his contract to receive.

Not true. Guaranteed is just another word for lump sum. Future Roster bonuses, workout bonuses, and even bonuses for simply making the 53 man roster are considered guarantees that you don’t have to pay if a player is cut before they’re due

Only ‘fully guaranteed at signing’s are money that you’re actually guaranteed to get, no matter when you’re cut.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not true. Guaranteed is just another word for lump sum. Future Roster bonuses, workout bonuses, and even bonuses for simply making the 53 man roster are considered guarantees that you don’t have to pay if a player is cut before they’re due

Only ‘fully guaranteed at signing’s are money that you’re actually guaranteed to get, no matter when you’re cut.
Uhhh, hello? Zeke was signed under a "fully guaranteed" contract.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Plus you have the whole their getting paid obscene money to play a game thing.

I'll never side with the players. They are spoiled rotten and entitled.
Zeke gets a career ending injury this year his career payout is 34 million dollars for only playing 2 full NFL seasons.

Ruining 53 other athletes chance at a superbowl and literally up-showing an organization that risked there reputation not once but TWICE to defend you in court is worth all RUINING because 34 million dollars isn't enough money to you........

This is literally a 100% joke

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Agent is likely telling him what to do. Can’t have the narrative be that he is selfish and a bad team mate. This loser should be in camp. Period.

Tussinman

Reaction score
So Zeke is holding out for a new contract simply because his 5th year option is not "fully" guaranteed?
Right now its fully guaranteed for injury but won't be fully guaranteed for a healthy Zeke till the 1st day of the calendar right (right after the superbowl).

The only scenario that he doesn't get the 5th year option is the cowboys releasing a healthy Zeke (which is actually the best case scenario for him).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Stephen also said negotiations start at Gurley’s 14.5m$ a year, which means if he honors that word he’ll have to set the market with Zeke.

Who knows what he’ll say next.
I'll side with ownership, especially if the rookies shine this preseason.