Twitter: Zeke posts on twitter in reply to official Cowboys tweet on Mike Weber

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Okay , Zeke should get traded . Let another team negotiate with a RB who has 2 years left in his contract .

Jipper

Reaction score
You don’t care though according to your own words so you shouldn’t have a position or opinion on this is my point.

It seems you’re upset that Zeke wants to get paid like the top players in his profession not the majority of people posting profession. I get him not playing messes up your little football happiness but I think folks should be more emphatic to someone trying to get their proper pay in their profession. Just because Dak and Amari do something don’t mean Zeke does. I mean I’m pretty sure you don’t just follow everything any one person does so why would you expect Zeke a rb we know they don’t place much financial value on to?

Seems you like many are jealous of their money even though in his profession he’s probably not paid in line with the top players.

nope....not jealous in the least, I have a very good education, a great career and that isn't a factor for me dude. However, he has a contract for the next 2 years and thats the fact, he needs to come in and play or Jerry should trade his butt as fast as he can.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
nope....not jealous in the least, I have a very good education, a great career and that isn't a factor for me dude. However, he has a contract for the next 2 years and thats the fact, he needs to come in and play or Jerry should trade his butt as fast as he can.

maybe your right ,
The zeke drama will have to end in a trade ... and there is no other choice .

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Adults are in favor of the two sides coming to terms because they've both stated they want that and see it in their best interests. The notion that the Cowboys are going to "force" Zeke to "honor his contract" for two more years is something that would probably work fine in Madden, but not so smoothly when dealing with actual humans.

Dak and Coop aren't going to be jealous of Zeke's money. Players get it when it comes to another teammate's contract. Fans are the ones who get emotional about it.
I hope they come to terms as well. I don't see how they sign em all this season. The 3 there, putting in the work should be dealt with first. They are doing what they need to be doing. Zeke shouldn't be forced. But, he is under contract and should be fined accordingly. And, quite frankly , I don't care if he is not there. Someone else will have to step up. I only hope the Cowboys FO doesn't get forced into paying him. I am not sure what the whole "Madden" thing is about. Probably just satisfying your arrogant attitude.

cern

Reaction score
No. The reality is that trying to enforce strict performance of a personal services contract starts to bump up against issues of slavery. No court in any sophisticated common law jurisdiction would issue a mandatory injunction forcing a person to work if that person doesn't want to. (And they certainly wouldn't impose a jail sentence for a civil dispute: that kind of curtailment of personal freedom is reserved for criminal actions.)

As for the sections of the CBA you've reviewed, I'd be interested in having you point them out. My own review indicates that there is simply no express right in the CBA allowing players to hold out. Quite the contrary: Article 3, Section 1 effectively provides the opposite:

"ARTICLE 3
NO STRIKE/LOCKOUT/SUIT

Section 1. No Strike/Lockout: Except as otherwise provided in Article 47 (Union Security), Section 6, neither the NFLPA nor any of its members will engage in any strike, work stoppage, or other concerted action interfering with the operations of the NFL or any Club for the duration of this Agreement..." (emphasis added.)

Zeke is basically engaging in a one-person work stoppage.
You are not interpreting that correctly. Zeke's hold out is not causing a work stoppage for the cowboys or otherwise interfering with the clubs operation. He can hold out if he chooses. Training camp is proceeding as usual.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
You are not interpreting that correctly. Zeke's hold out is not causing a work stoppage for the cowboys or otherwise interfering with the clubs operation. He can hold out if he chooses.

You have presented no evidence (though I've asked several times) to support your claim that 'he can hold out if he chooses'. As against this, I've presented several pieces of evidence that holdouts are not permitted under the CBA, as you have suggested, including that they are subject to significant fines and the compromise of FA rights. The language of Article 3, Section 1 is further evidence, though I agree it requires interpretation. The correctness of the interpretation would be decided by a panel of arbitrators, if it ever came to that. Meantime, the interpretation has facial plausibility. No member of the NFLPA (Zeke is a member) is permitted to engage in a work stoppage (he surely is engaging in a personal work stoppage).

Zeke 'can hold out if he chooses' much in the same way you and I can break traffic laws 'if we choose': subject to suffering the related penalties

cern

Reaction score
You have presented no evidence (though I've asked several times) to support your claim that 'he can hold out if he chooses'. As against this, I've presented several pieces of evidence that holdouts are not permitted under the CBA, as you have suggested, including that they are subject to significant fines and the compromise of FA rights. The language of Article 3, Section 1 is further evidence, though I agree it requires interpretation. The correctness of the interpretation would be decided by a panel of arbitrators, if it ever came to that. Meantime, the interpretation has facial plausibility. No member of the NFLPA (Zeke is a member) is permitted to engage in a work stoppage (he surely is engaging in a personal work stoppage).

Zeke 'can hold out if he chooses' much in the same way you and I can break traffic laws 'if we choose': subject to suffering the related penalties
You are being obtuse. You have presented an article you clearly don't understand. I doubt his personal holdout would be interpreted as a work stoppage by anyone with an understanding of the law.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You are being obtuse. You have presented an article you clearly don't understand. I doubt his personal holdout would be interpreted as a work stoppage by anyone with an understanding of the law.

I didn't think a single holdout translated to a "work stoppage" either. That would seem to indicate something more organized, hence why the league doesn't punish individual holdouts.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score

You use very strong language for someone who obviously has no legal training. I've gently (perhaps too gently, in light of your aggressive obstinance) tried to show you that you're out of your element, correcting a number or your obvious misconceptions (including that a mandatory injunction could be issued to enforce specific performance of a personal services contract, or that the non-performing party could be jailed, both of which are remarkably ignorant statements).

In the circumstances, you should tone down your rhetoric. 'Anyone with an understanding of the law' would recognize in a New York minute that you have none. The correct thing to do would be to leave this to those who do. Instead, you posture and project your own failings onto others. I'm done discussing this with you. You're simply unqualified.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You use very strong language for someone who obviously has no legal training. I've gently (perhaps too gently, in light of your aggressive obstinance) tried to show you that you're out of your element, correcting a number or your obvious misconceptions (including that a mandatory injunction could be issued to enforce specific performance of a personal services contract, or that the non-performing party could be jailed, both of which are remarkably ignorant statements).

In the circumstances, you should tone down your rhetoric. 'Anyone with an understanding of the law' would recognize in a New York minute that you have none. The correct thing to do would be to leave this to those who do. Instead, you posture and project your own failings onto others. I'm done discussing this with you. You're simply unqualified.

@Reality we really need a mic drop emoji.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yeah all that's cool and I don't doubt it but chances you're making Zeke money is slim. If I'm wrong I'll gladly say I was wrong. When you're not on that level it has proven time and time again to be a factor dude. Being as though we don't know each other I have to generalize based of experience sorry. He needs to come in and play to make you happy how funny. Some fans are wild as ever. Never change but if that's how you feel that's okay with me just disagree.

mmohican29

Reaction score
It's a shame that our best player has possibly once again de-railed the season.

If this team wasn't so stacked and ready to compete for a SB, I'd say goodbye.

The fact that it is: gives Zeke and his representation tons of unseen leverage. Lots of pressure for the Jones' to deliver the pastry that Garrett has way over cooked.

I'm beginning to really resent Ezekiel Elliott.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
As long as Dallas has a halfway decent RB I really don't care what Zeke does. I'm really not hoping one way or the other. Because if this team collapses without him, they have more problems than just paying Zeke. Outside of that I see a positive to both sides of this. If he plays, great. If he holds out we'll get to see how well Dak does without the beast in the backfield. We'll get to see the individual value of both players.

I'm for signing Zake and Cooper and what is left over goes to DAK.....Zeke has been 80% of the offense from day 1, a safety blanket for DAK and teams game plan around Zeke and Cooper......teams are not scared of DAK... Zeke and Cooper are home run threats... don't get me wrong I like DAK but Zeke and Cooper should be the priority

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I continue to be amazed at the people insisting Zeke "honor his contract" who were celebrating Earl Thomas' holdout, wherein he was not honoring his contract.

The truth is you don't care about honoring contracts. You want the guy you want in a Cowboys uniform. Just be honest about it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I continue to be amazed at the people insisting Zeke "honor his contract" who were celebrating Earl Thomas' holdout, wherein he was not honoring his contract.

The truth is you don't care about honoring contracts. You want the guy you want in a Cowboys uniform. Just be honest about it.
I don't think anybody has even responded to you about that have they?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You mean baby? A man honors a contract, a baby cries and wails about it.

Like the Steelers did LBell.

They were paying Bell 700K a year. He had a 1 Mill bonus.

You think Zeke is gonna let Dallas do the same to him?

8)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. The reality is that trying to enforce strict performance of a personal services contract starts to bump up against issues of slavery. No court in any sophisticated common law jurisdiction would issue a mandatory injunction forcing a person to work if that person doesn't want to. (And they certainly wouldn't impose a jail sentence for a civil dispute: that kind of curtailment of personal freedom is reserved for criminal actions.)
If you own a cabinet shop and get paid up front to install kitchens cabinets in a house, then you can indeed be forced to finish the work by a court of law.

Zeke took a signing bonus that is part of his overall contract. He can't just quit without paying back 1/4 of it which is the amount tied to the 2019 season.

The government ordered 13,000 air traffic controllers to resume working when they went on strike in 1981. Most of them refused and 11,345 were fired and banned for life when they didn't return.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Maybe he's just indicating the he's ready to come back like a raging bull.
* I did that reverse finger pinch maneuver to enlarge & that's kinda' what it struck me as to it's implied meaning,,,one thing about it Big-G ,,,
the "Ezekiel" is "showing 'em what he ain't gonna do" ,,,o_O