Zeke Questions Critics Football IQ in Regards to Week 1 Performace

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I get. Zeke is a great blocker and we're lucky to have a RB that can block as well as him, but he's being paid to a good runner of the football. If we wanted another blocker than we could have used his money for offensive line help.

It just seems like we have the most sensitive group of guys in the NFL. It seems they're babied so much within the organization that any bit of outside criticism just hurts them to the core.

JBond

Reaction score
While there is truth to his having to do a lot of blitz pick-ups, much like Dallas didn't pay DLaw over $100M to be a run defender Zeke wasn't paid $90M to be a fullback.
Both were paid to be game changers. 5 or six plays a game that determine the outcome. Back breaking plays that demoralize the opponent.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I get. Zeke is a great blocker and we're lucky to have a RB that can block as well as him, but he's being paid to a good runner of the football. If we wanted another blocker than we could have used his money for offensive line help.

It just seems like we have the most sensitive group of guys in the NFL. It seems they're babied so much within the organization that any bit of outside criticism just hurts them to the core.

It was 1 game, really? Cowboys have seldom used Zeke as a blocker but this past game they did. People making an issue of not running last game vs a top run defense without Martin in the lineup. I think some are just looking for anything they complain about. Fact is the offense was productive last week and now with Chargers next I do expect Zeke to see the ball quite a bit in the run game as LA Chargers run defense is not near as stout as that of Tampa. People make way too much over 1 game and act like well that is the norm for this season, BS it was the game plan Dallas put in place vs Tampa and they will put in a plan vs LA this week that will be different.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Both were paid to be game changers. 5 or six plays a game that determine the outcome. Back breaking plays that demoralize the opponent.
I can get paid to be football players. If that means sitting on the bench and coaching the back up if that means going in there playing defense for a play . Is it one dimensional. This isn’t just one

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Why do people have such tunnel vision Why do you think like that. Imagine if someone told that the Bill Belichick,These guys are paid to be football players
Not prima donnas . Oh that’s not in my job description LMAO

USArmyVet

Reaction score
It was 1 game, really? Cowboys have seldom used Zeke as a blocker but this past game they did. People making an issue of not running last game vs a top run defense without Martin in the lineup. I think some are just looking for anything they complain about. Fact is the offense was productive last week and now with Chargers next I do expect Zeke to see the ball quite a bit in the run game as LA Chargers run defense is not near as stout as that of Tampa. People make way too much over 1 game and act like well that is the norm for this season, BS it was the game plan Dallas put in place vs Tampa and they will put in a plan vs LA this week that will be different.

While only 1 game into the 2021 season, this goes more toward the offensive approach since 2016 and the win-loss outcome.

When you look at Zeke's rushing attempts vs. Dak's passing attempts, you will see a pattern emerge:

2016: Dallas was 13-3 (Zeke had 322 rushes vs. Dak's 459 attempts)

2017: Dallas went 9-7 (Zeke had 242 rushes vs. Dak's 490 attempts) (Zeke suspended 6 games that year)

2018: Dallas went 10-6 (Zeke had 304 rushes vs. Dak's 526 attempts)

2019: Dallas went 8-8 (Zeke had 301 rushes vs. Dak's 596 attempts)

2020: Dallas went 6-10 (Zeke had 244 rushes vs. Dak's 222 attempts) (Dak missed 11 games due to injury)

2021: Dallas is 0-1 (Zeke had 11 rushes vs. Dak's 58 attempts)

The point is when the offense was focused on Zeke running the ball Dallas had more team success whereas when the offense focused on the passing game, the team success wasn't there. While some will point to the defense as the issue, the defense played well enough from 2016-2019 with 2020 being the outlier.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While only 1 game into the 2021 season, this goes more toward the offensive approach since 2016 and the win-loss outcome.

When you look at Zeke's rushing attempts vs. Dak's passing attempts, you will see a pattern emerge:

2016: Dallas was 1-3 (Zeke had 322 rushes vs. Dak's 459 attempts)

2017: Dallas went 9-7 (Zeke had 242 rushes vs. Dak's 490 attempts) (Zeke suspended 6 games that year)

2020: Dallas went 6-10 (Zeke had 244 rushes vs. Dak's 222 attempts) (Dak missed 11 games due to injury)

The point is when the offense was focused on Zeke running the ball Dallas had more team success whereas when the offense focused on the passing game, the team success wasn't there. While some will point to the defense as the issue, the defense played well enough from 2016-2019 with 2020 being the outlier.
Prescott was learning how to read a defect back then. This is it the same team. Prescott runs the show

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Depending on the opponent. It will Flip flop. This is all non-issue

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Prescott was learning how to read a defect back then. This is it the same team. Prescott runs the show

Well, with the dramatic increase in Dak's attempts how has team success gone? The point is when the team was run focused the defense was off the field more and as such played better but now the passing game puts the defense on the field more and they are being exposed. Dallas, much like during Aikman's era, focused on the run which led to wins but JJ & Co. has this team being the air show which may put up stats but isn't putting up wins.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, with the dramatic increase in Dak's attempts how has team success gone? The point is when the team was run focused the defense was off the field more and as such played better but now the passing game puts the defense on the field more and they are being exposed. Dallas, much like during Aikman's era, focused on the run which led to wins but JJ & Co. has this team being the air show which may put up stats but isn't putting up wins.
The point is These guys are,football players they have multiple duties.I don’t buy into that at all. The difference whether it’s on the field for a long time or not that’s not determine how well they play. Troy Aikman his error you didn’t know who was going to beat you that day. They did not focus just on the run game. They focused on what the difference the best plan to attack them

Doomsday101

Reaction score

2016: Dallas was 13-3 (Zeke had 322 rushes vs. Dak's 459 attempts)

My point is the OC job is to game plan for the opponent and they did just that a Tampa defense that gave up an avg of 22 point a game last season and was a top run defensive team the Cowboys were smart enough to attack them at their weakness and in doing so put up 29 points in the game. I agree need to do better in redzone but what is insane is trying to attack a defense at their strength. Tampa went into the game with top priority of stopping the run and Dallas was smart enough not to just bang our heads against that wall. LA Chargers are different and I expect the game plan as well will be different.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The point is These guys are,football players they have multiple duties.I don’t buy into that at all. The difference whether it’s on the field for a long time or not that’s not determine how well they play.

Really? So TOP is anon-factor for how a defense plays? I beg to differ but at the end of the day Dallas is Dallas as they haven't changed in 25 years.