Zeke Questions Critics Football IQ in Regards to Week 1 Performace

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I was told that Zeke can out run you or run you over. He ran right at a 180 lb defensive back and was thrown to the ground with ease. He looked to me like a washed up bum.
He is supposed to fall forward for 3 yards, too.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
While only 1 game into the 2021 season, this goes more toward the offensive approach since 2016 and the win-loss outcome.

When you look at Zeke's rushing attempts vs. Dak's passing attempts, you will see a pattern emerge:

2016: Dallas was 13-3 (Zeke had 322 rushes vs. Dak's 459 attempts)

2017: Dallas went 9-7 (Zeke had 242 rushes vs. Dak's 490 attempts) (Zeke suspended 6 games that year)

2018: Dallas went 10-6 (Zeke had 304 rushes vs. Dak's 526 attempts)

2019: Dallas went 8-8 (Zeke had 301 rushes vs. Dak's 596 attempts)

2020: Dallas went 6-10 (Zeke had 244 rushes vs. Dak's 222 attempts) (Dak missed 11 games due to injury)

2021: Dallas is 0-1 (Zeke had 11 rushes vs. Dak's 58 attempts)

The point is when the offense was focused on Zeke running the ball Dallas had more team success whereas when the offense focused on the passing game, the team success wasn't there. While some will point to the defense as the issue, the defense played well enough from 2016-2019 with 2020 being the outlier.

Or it could be that when you are winning games, you aren't forced to pass and can try to finish off the opponent by keeping the ball on the ground. Playing from behind, you are going to be passing a lot.

That wasn't the reason we passed as much as we did against Tampa, though. We did that because the Bucs keyed on stopping the runs and we didn't try to bullheadedly force the issue like we've done in the past with Garrett. Obviously, you can't do that every week, but few teams have the kind of run defense Tampa does.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

When a back is on the decline he tries to lose weight to quench out one or two more years.

Everybody in the coaching staff then starts to appreciate his "other" skills. Just so they dont have to talk about his dminished running skill.

Always the same story. Doesnt get old.

Then suddenly the back is gone. Whoot! Why did you cut him ? He was such a great blocker and gave everything for the team!

basel90

Reaction score
I don't care what other teams do and I don't care how much Zeke is getting paid.. I pay to watch him tote the rock.. they couldn't pay me to watch him pick up his paycheck so that is of no concern to me. Jerry and Sons have shown that they can maneuver under the cap and keep most of the good players they want to keep. I worry about how the Cowboys are getting Zeke involved in the offense.. Don't care about how they manage his salary. Not even a little bit.
So you just like zeke personally , no matter the results . I get it . But he is not helping the team on the field or in the cap . But happy for you as you will keep seeing him as we are stuck with him !!!