Zeke said still needs to be more patient

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
and the coaches need to do a better job in calling plays. Everyone on this oline not named Doug Free are excellent at pulling and getting to the second level. This needs to be incorporated more with our running game.

Zeke also needs to be a little more patient. While there are a lot of plays being blown up early in the backfield there are also plays that are blocked and if he hesitated just a spilt second a hole will form. I wouldn't mind seeing a pitch or two already.

People also need to calm down with the Morris starting thing. Zeke gives us our best chance at a title this year. His burst is something special that not all backs have.

Blake

Reaction score
and the coaches need to do a better job in calling plays. Everyone on this oline not named Doug Free are excellent at pulling and getting to the second level. This needs to be incorporated more with our running game.

Zeke also needs to be a little more patient. While there are a lot of plays being blown up early in the backfield there are also plays that are blocked and if he hesitated just a spilt second a hole will form. I wouldn't mind seeing a pitch or two already.

People also need to calm down with the Morris starting thing. Zeke gives us our best chance at a title this year. His burst is something special that not all backs have.

The first couple plays Zeke ran, he looked real sloppy; could barely maintain his balance and just ran straight into the pile. He did display sporadic flashes of greatness in that game as well though. Hope he figures it out, and becomes a legitimate threat.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Yeah as in patiently waiting on the bench the first 2 series next week after fumbling the starting job away.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Haha, gosh. A top 5 pick at one of the easiest positions is still trying to figure this out.

I'm really starting to dislike him as a player.

erod

Reaction score
There is nothing there. Not his fault. Some patience will help, but it won't solve the fundamental problem of no hole to run through.

What's Adrian Peterson doing against 8-9 people in the box? He had 31 yards last week and 12 last night.

When Romo returns, they will back off, and Zeke will find room. You can't block 8 with 6.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Haha, gosh. A top 5 pick at one of the easiest positions is still trying to figure this out.

I'm really starting to dislike him as a player.

It's frustrating for me too but I did see ex-players before the season even started saying it will take him about a month before he gets it going so I'll be patient enough to give him some time.

Nothing has jumped out as special player though so far.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There is nothing there. Not his fault. Some patience will help, but it won't solve the fundamental problem of no hole to run through.

What's Adrian Peterson doing against 8-9 people in the box? He had 31 yards last week and 12 last night.

When Romo returns, they will back off, and Zeke will find room. You can't block 8 with 6.

Peterson ran for 2,000 yards again 8-9 man boxes. That's what he did. Along with breaking 1,000 yards multiple times in his career being the only player worth a damn on offense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Peterson ran for 2,000 yards again 8-9 man boxes. That's what he did. Along with breaking 1,000 yards multiple times in his career being the only player worth a damn on offense.

Peterson is the best RB of all time.. Not that your point is wrong it's just that he is on another level.

You would expect a top 5 pick at RB in 2016 to be like that against 8 & 9 man fronts but who knows.. We'll see.

It's looking like Will Fuller is going to end up stealing ROY from Zeke if he doesn't step it up quick.

erod

Reaction score

He averaged less than 2 yards a carry this season in two wins.

fredp22

Reaction score
he really could have used the preseason to adjust to nfl speed, run/learn the plays, start to get comfortable with the o-line . I think it'll be at least another 2-3 weeks until he starts getting comfortable.
After 2-3 years to sit him in preseason is fine but not first year. Think Garrett messed up a little

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He averaged less than 2 yards a carry this season in two wins.

And he's also 31 years old. He has been in the league since 07, he has faced 8 man boxes multiple times and dominated. Zeke was taken in the top 5, which means he's supposed to be a special back, no excuses.

All I'm seeing right now from Zeke is a kid with little to no burst, average speed, lack of vision, and red flag with fumbling (I don't care about his college ball handling, it's the NFL)