Zeke says he was “faded” and forgot to turn live-stream off

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not exactly murderers, or recent, but we did sign pac man jones after his legal troubles, and continued to support Josh Brent after his incident.
We all know the Cowboys have signed people with troubles. I was asking only about the idea they have signed murderers. No reason to claim they have if they haven't.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What murderer did the Cowboys sign?

As for Zeke, I don't give a hoot if he got stoned, but he is an idiot for allowing his actions to constantly be seen by the public. The guy needs to show a little restraint and common sense.
Josh Brent....they didn't sign him but they retained him and went on to hire him to be apart of their scouting department.

Mind you I have no issue with any of this. But its weird to me how someone can talk about how Zeke embarrasses this organization without acknowledging the moves to get Greg Hardy, Aldon Smith, Pac-Man Jones, Tank Johnson, etc.

aria

Reaction score
For the last 4 season I was told we win because of Zeke and now some of the same people seem to want him gone. Is this the eagleszone? lol
For the record, I never said that. IMOF, I thought drafting him that high was a waste and personal feelings aside I don’ think Jerry should have ever given in to him and gave him that fat contract.

If this was the Eagleszone we wouldn’t be talking about zeke, we would be talking about winning a SB with Ajayi and laughing at the Cowboys for paying zeke.

aria

Reaction score
Josh Brent....they didn't sign him but they retained him and went on to hire him to be apart of their scouting department.

Mind you I have no issue with any of this. But its weird to me how someone can talk about how Zeke embarrasses this organization without acknowledging the moves to get Greg Hardy, Aldon Smith, Pac-Man Jones, Tank Johnson, etc.
They’re all trash, I got flamed for absolutely HATING the Hardy signing before he even stepped foot on the field. Some of the same people that would bash Hardy for his DV issue and how it was handled when he was on the Panthers were welcoming him with open arms and defending him as soon as Jerrah signed him. Now that is homerism at it’s finest.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I disagree completely with calling him a murderer. There was no intent to kill his friend, and his friend was a willing participant in the drinking and driving.

That said, I would have had no problem if the team canned Brent after that incident, but I also have no problem with them helping him get his life back together as long as the team got some value from it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They’re all trash, I got flamed for absolutely HATING the Hardy signing before he even stepped foot on the field. Some of the same people that would bash Hardy for his DV issue and how it was handled when he was on the Panthers were welcoming him with open arms and defending him as soon as Jerrah signed him. Now that is homerism at it’s finest.

I'm not against guys getting 2nd chances especially if they've had their day in court. I don't believe your life should be ruined over a mistake. Greg Hardy is/was scum though who knows the mistakes he's made. But his issues surely aint the issues we have with Zeke.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For the record, I never said that. IMOF, I thought drafting him that high was a waste and personal feelings aside I don’ think Jerry should have ever given in to him and gave him that fat contract.

If this was the Eagleszone we wouldn’t be talking about zeke, we would be talking about winning a SB with Ajayi and laughing at the Cowboys for paying zeke.

Evidently you have a high opinion of Ajayi who in 3 years has a total of 1,117 and 4 TD or a low opinion of the RB position

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I disagree completely with calling him a murderer. There was no intent to kill his friend, and his friend was a willing participant in the drinking and driving.

That said, I would have had no problem if the team canned Brent after that incident, but I also have no problem with them helping him get his life back together as long as the team got some value from it.

Ehh...you can not like the wording but that's what it is. I felt bad for him. Still do to this day. But he's no less of a murderer because his friend was a willing participant and hopped in the car with him. You get behind the wheel intoxicated you are endangering your life as well as others on the road. You can't say he had no intent of killing his friend when he hopped in the car intoxicated. Unfortunately when you do that you know the risks at hand. Especially when the NFL and teams have people who can drive you home to make sure you're safe.

I loved how the Cowboys handled him.

But his recent track record says he has a problem with alcohol and maybe how they handled it was more enabling than helping.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ehh...you can not like the wording but that's what it is. I felt bad for him. Still do to this day. But he's no less of a murderer because his friend was a willing participant and hopped in the car with him. You get behind the wheel intoxicated you are endangering your life as well as others on the road. You can't say he had no intent of killing his friend when he hopped in the car intoxicated. Unfortunately when you do that you know the risks at hand. Especially when the NFL and teams have people who can drive you home to make sure you're safe.

I loved how the Cowboys handled him.

But his recent track record says he has a problem with alcohol and maybe how they handled it was more enabling than helping.
No, that's not what it is - not by the legal definition, or even by how most people view it.

Both Brent and his friend consciously put themselves at risk. And both suffered consequences for it, with the consequences of one being more severe simply by chance. Had the accident played out slightly differently it could just as easily have been Brent that died.

aria

Reaction score
I'm not against guys getting 2nd chances especially if they've had their day in court. I don't believe your life should be ruined over a mistake. Greg Hardy is/was scum though who knows the mistakes he's made. But his issues surely aint the issues we have with Zeke.
How many chances has zeke been given? A lot yet he continues to flirt with danger because a) he’s a bully and b) he’s an idiot.

I didn’t like zeke from college and I sure as hell didn’t like the draft pick just because I think drafting ANY Fb that high is dumb but I figured I’d let the whole suspension thing play out and see if he matured and acted more responsibly. He couldn’t even control himself WHILE he was being investigated and it’s been non stop ever since.

Was anything he did “that” bad? No. But taking into account his history in college and the suspension it all adds up and more importantly it shows a complete lack of good judgement and a disregard for the team as a whole and his teammates. He could have easily been suspended again for his little incident in Dallas had the NFL actually investigated it and that suspension would have at least been a year, if not permanent.

He has zero awareness and is selfish. Screw him.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I'm not going to condemn Zeke for what he does in his free time. The guy knows the rules (or should at least) so it is on him if he gets in trouble for breaking said rules.

The only thing I am disappointed about is his apparent lack of situational awareness. He should know that any misstep (or an apperance of a misstep) will be discussed constantly for weeks on end.

aria

Reaction score
Evidently you have a high opinion of Ajayi who in 3 years has a total of 1,117 and 4 TD or a low opinion of the RB position
EXACTLY! and they WON A SUPER BOWL with him! That’s the whole point, look at the past 20 RB’s to win SB’s, only one was the league leading rusher. Teams win SB’s all the time with average, maybe even below average, running backs. We don’t need zeke to win games, especially with this offensive line.

But you’re right, forget about what works, let’s just look at numbers which clearly don’t win championships as even you pointed out.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How many chances has zeke been given? A lot yet he continues to flirt with danger because a) he’s a bully and b) he’s an idiot.

I didn’t like zeke from college and I sure as hell didn’t like the draft pick just because I think drafting ANY Fb that high is dumb but I figured I’d let the whole suspension thing play out and see if he matured and acted more responsibly. He couldn’t even control himself WHILE he was being investigated and it’s been non stop ever since.

Was anything he did “that” bad? No. But taking into account his history in college and the suspension it all adds up and more importantly it shows a complete lack of good judgement and a disregard for the team as a whole and his teammates. He could have easily been suspended again for his little incident in Dallas had the NFL actually investigated it and that suspension would have at least been a year, if not permanent.

He has zero awareness and is selfish. Screw him.
I don't think Zeke has done anything to say he needed another chance. He's immature. Most early 20's people are. Not shocked. He's done nothing bad other than be immature at times.

aria

Reaction score
This is news to me. Is this all after he joined the Cowboys or prior?
Prior but he admitted to it during his investigation while with the Cowboys. Again, I really don’t care if he’s doing blow right now but even his own dad moved closer to him in college because of his partying and said he was worried about how he would handle the NFL.

Do I know he still does drugs other than weed? Nope. Do I really care? Nope because if he gets suspended I’m confident we’ll be just fine without him. Does he need to stay away from social media and control himself while in public? Yup.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, that's not what it is - not by the legal definition, or even by how most people view it.

Both Brent and his friend consciously put themselves at risk. And both suffered consequences for it, with the consequences of one being more severe simply by chance. Had the accident played out slightly differently it could just as easily have been Brent that died.
I don't care bout the legal definition. Someone can try to kill me by shooting me in the head but if I survive then the person in question wouldn't have a murder charge even though his intent was to kill. So yeah I don't really care what the law considers it. You get into a car intoxicated and you kill your passenger that is murder in my eyes.

And if the accident played out differently and they both died? He would've been responsible for killing himself as well *** Jerry Brown.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Prior but he admitted to it during his investigation while with the Cowboys. Again, I really don’t care if he’s doing blow right now but even his own dad moved closer to him in college because of his partying and said he was worried about how he would handle the NFL.

Do I know he still does drugs other than weed? Nope. Do I really care? Nope because if he gets suspended I’m confident we’ll be just fine without him. Does he need to stay away from social media and control himself while in public? Yup.
Ok I'm referencing what he did for the Cowboys. Anything he did prior I could care less he wasn't here for that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You crack me up. You talk about being chill and nearly every post of yours goes right to hyperbolic language. High horse? Let me explain something to you...Zeke was a top 5 pick that just got handed the biggest contract for a RB. Smith is a project coming off of a long suspension with a contract that is a fraction of what the guy’s talent would warrant. Smith doesn’t work out he is an easy cut. They are locked into Zeke at big money for at least a couple more years. Also quit with the strawman arguments. We aren’t talking about the Cowboys signing history we are talking about Zeke. A guy they need to be a leader and he acts like a 15 year old. That’s a fact. If the facts gets you all butt hurt try being realistic about the guy.

Coincidentally, I love the Smith pick up. Low risk, high reward. Guy has great talent and looks like he has gotten his life together. America loves a comeback story.
Ohhh. Ok I get it. So you don't mind domestic abusers or murderers on your team just as long as they aren't expensive?

I just don't respect your stance. Sorry.

You're entitled to it. No doubt.

But its funny you like Aldon because it makes for a great comeback story even though he just pulled for driving under the influence in 2019 and has a long history of abusing alcohol as well as risking the lives of himself and others...but you are hung up on Zeke punching a DJ.

Ain't no straw man arguments being made here. No arguments being made just getting lost understanding your logic.