Zeke says he was “faded” and forgot to turn live-stream off

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sometimes I mean them, like when I misinterpret someones post and respond in an unkind way but yeah, that wasn’t a sincere apology but I never meant it to come across that way. Not trying to be a jerk and don’t say “you don’t have to try”, I hear that from my wife enough, amongst several other unflattering names I can’t use here :)
Lol. I truly believe that. No judgement from this guy.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
As long as the league doesn’t care but I’ll still mock him for being one of the biggest dummies in the league. He sits there and complains of getting negative attention when he brings it on himself. And some of the stuff he’s done very well could have got him suspended a second time if the league actually investigated or really wanted to go after him
I'd just as soon he was on another team but I have no control over that. All I'm saying is, if he broke no rules, even if it was weed I don't care.

aria

Reaction score

By partying does he mean assaulting people as well and hanging out in a large group during quarantine? It’s people like Sharpe that encourage his behavior and makes him think he’s not doing anything wrong and is invincible.

Great, zeke carried the ball more than anyone else behind one of the best offensive lines in the league so he got more yards. It’s hard not to think of how much better he could be in every other category and if he would still be anywhere close to 2016 if he actually applied himself more. Maybe he would have picked up more than 47 yards against the Eagles last year to get in the playoffs. Maybe he would have picked up more than 47 yards the year before against the Rams in the playoffs instead of getting out rushed by a guy who was sitting on his couch just a couple months earlier.

I’d be very interested to hear what Sharpe says if he gets suspended for doing something dumb again. If I were Jerry I would keep zeke on a very short leash, which he should have done since day one.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By partying does he mean assaulting people as well and hanging out in a large group during quarantine? It’s people like Sharpe that encourage his behavior and makes him think he’s not doing anything wrong and is invincible.

Great, zeke carried the ball more than anyone else behind one of the best offensive lines in the league so he got more yards. It’s hard not to think of how much better he could be in every other category and if he would still be anywhere close to 2016 if he actually applied himself more. Maybe he would have picked up more than 47 yards against the Eagles last year to get in the playoffs. Maybe he would have picked up more than 47 yards the year before against the Rams in the playoffs instead of getting out rushed by a guy who was sitting on his couch just a couple months earlier.

I’d be very interested to hear what Sharpe says if he gets suspended for doing something dumb again. If I were Jerry I would keep zeke on a very short leash, which he should have done since day one.

You know who else "carried the ball more than anyone else" including Zeke? Emmitt Smith. You clinging to this notion for your dear life is idiotic....so stupid and pathetic. Just say you hate him because he's rich and parties...and that will make sense.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I just about neveragree with Sharpe.

It's just one of those things about Zeke.

Do I wish he was a church mouse?

Maybe.

Do I want him to change him being himself?

No way.

He represents to me a unique person who is the best at what he does and he works hard to include his team mates and fans who want to join him.

His contributions to charity are well known.

He is not like Dez was being a distraction.

Fans need to enjoy a player like him and Dak for who they are.

That's just the best way to enjoy the game.

I am not going to allow negative people destroy my happiness of following this team.

Just not going to allow it.

Period.

aria

Reaction score
I just about neveragree with Sharpe.

It's just one of those things about Zeke.

Do I wish he was a church mouse?

Maybe.

Do I want him to change him being himself?

No way.

He represents to me a unique person who is the best at what he does and he works hard to include his team mates and fans who want to join him.

His contributions to charity are well known.

He is not like Dez was being a distraction.

Fans need to enjoy a player like him and Dak for who they are.

That's just the best way to enjoy the game.

I am not going to allow negative people destroy my happiness of following this team.

Just not going to allow it.

Period.
Good to see ya pal.

Donations well known? So he throws a small portion of his paycheck at Salvation Army and this makes him a good guy? I gave $10 to a homeless person yesterday, no nominate me for sainthood. Most players contribute to some sort of charity or have a foundation, he is hardly doing anything extraordinary.

“Works hard to include his teammates”? At what, getting thrown out of a club in Vegas because they have to restrain him from attacking another DJ? Includes them at a get together during self quarantine?

He’s unique alright, so was Hitler, Castro, Dahmer, Johnny Football, Ryan Leaf, Antonio Brown...he’s part of an esteemed group of players. The only thing that makes him truly unique is his stupidity, it really is impressive but sad at the some time.

Please let me know what redeeming values he has that are truly unique and positive because I can name about 5-10 that aren’t.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You know who else "carried the ball more than anyone else" including Zeke? Emmitt Smith. You clinging to this notion for your dear life is idiotic....so stupid and pathetic. Just say you hate him because he's rich and parties...and that will make sense.
It's also why despite Emmitt being the NFL's All Time Leading Rusher few people consider him to be the best running back of all time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's also why despite Emmitt being the NFL's All Time Leading Rusher few people consider him to be the best running back of all time.
I honestly don't understand why having a lot of carries over a career isn't a plus. It speaks to health, work ethic, and longevity, all of which are important criteria for a RB. I can see why it would make people think he wasn't the most talented, but talent isn't the only consideration.
Having the most carries in a season often leads to having the most yards, but how many RBs can sustain that type of workload year after year?

aria

Reaction score
I honestly don't understand why having a lot of carries over a career isn't a plus. It speaks to health, work ethic, and longevity, all of which are important criteria for a RB. I can see why it would make people think he wasn't the most talented, but talent isn't the only consideration.
Having the most carries in a season often leads to having the most yards, but how many RBs can sustain that type of workload year after year?
I agree with some of your points but believe it is greatly devalued, as it should be, due to play calling. If zeke only gets 250 carries next year and RB XYZ gets 325 and the rushing title does that mean XYZ is better?

You also still have to take the O line into account. Someone like Barkley is getting pummeled almost every other play, he has to work harder just to gain positive yards IMO. He’s also going to be more prone to injury, fatigue, etc.

Again, I agree with you that there is something to be said for longevity but I think total yards, which usually equals most carries, is the most over rated stat when comparing who is a better RB.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don't disagree. I don't want to knock him for it, but it can devalue the accomplishment of having the most yards. And people like to use his rushing yards as a stat to prove he is the best, but he's not getting those rushing yards because he's efficient, he's getting them because he is fed the most. I'd rather him have fewer total yards and be more explosive when he has the ball.

Let's use basketball as an analogy. Let's suppose the leading scorer averages 31.7 ppg but shoots the ball 35 times a game. The 2nd leading scorer averages 31.4 points per game but only shoots the ball 28 times a game. They are just more efficient with their shots. If the 2nd leading scorer decided to shoot the ball 7 more times a game, they could clearly lead the league in scoring.

Another example is Tony Romo's 2014 season. He did less but he was better. I'd like Zeke to be the same way.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't disagree. I don't want to knock him for it, but it can devalue the accomplishment of having the most yards. And people like to use his rushing yards as a stat to prove he is the best, but he's not getting those rushing yards because he's efficient, he's getting them because he is fed the most. I'd rather him have fewer total yards and be more explosive when he has the ball.

Let's use basketball as an analogy. Let's suppose the leading scorer averages 31.7 ppg but shoots the ball 35 times a game. The 2nd leading scorer averages 31.4 points per game but only shoots the ball 28 times a game. They are just more efficient with their shots. If the 2nd leading scorer decided to shoot the ball 7 more times a game, they could clearly lead the league in scoring.

Another example is Tony Romo's 2014 season. He did less but he was better. I'd like Zeke to be the same way.
I was mostly talking about Emmitt. Short term, such as a season or two, maybe even three, having the most carries isn't very impressive. Having a huge workload over a decade or thereabouts, while maintaining a good ypc average is impressive, and should count toward a RBs perceived greatness, IMO.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Weird...I never heard that from anyone before now. Not that anyone agrees who the best back of all time is/was.

Too bad we never counted Barry's yards behind the line of scrimmage.:confused: