Zeke Screwed Again

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yep 6 is supposed to be the minimum. I guess the boob incident was good for the additional 2.

lukin2006

Reaction score
We will better off in the long run ... it sucks for Zeke that the league was allowed to railroad him, but I say he plays every game going forward with a chip on his shoulder...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The league is an absolute joke with this stuff. It goes straight to the integrity of the game. If they gave suspensions for battering reputations, Goodell would be sitting out until week 7 pretty much every season since he tried to burry the Ray Rice incident where the assault WAS ON VIDEO.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Funny thing is Jimmy Smith has been in the leagues crosshairs before, two seasons ago he was suspended for substance abuse policy.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This is not surprising any longer. I still can't believe there were people who claimed Goodell did not have some type of vendetta against Zeke and Dallas. It was clear as day. That investigation took more resources and time than all the other incidents Goodell has dealt with combined. It was ridiculous.

Praxit

Reaction score
..I wounldn't worry to much. The new helmet rule will take care of Gordy boy. Wait till half the season, people will be seriously thinking of boycotting NFL. It will be fun to watch.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Goodell is one small example of an evil human being.

I don't think he's evil, I think he has no backbone and has given in to a lot of fan pressure. The problem with Goodell is it seems when the NFL is in hotwater, he doesn't go about it the right way or just goes too dang far to send a message to players and fans. In doing so, he doesn't appease the fans nor the players, he upsets them both.

Just like with the NFL rules. Yes, head injuries are an issue and the NFL didn't respond to the criticism in a good way and it got them a lot of heat. Now, to make up for this, they are putting together rules that are still too vague/poorly worded and we are now going from the controversial catch rules to leading with the head.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I still think Zeke got screwed. The texts that woman sent about trying to destroy his career because of his skin color should've made it a non-issue.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I still think Zeke got screwed. The texts that woman sent about trying to destroy his career because of his skin color should've made it a non-issue.

I don't recall his skin color being brought up in any of this debacle. It was a money grab, and that pole smoker Goodell ignored it because he was mad at Jerry.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The league is an absolute joke with this stuff. It goes straight to the integrity of the game. If they gave suspensions for battering reputations, Goodell would be sitting out until week 7 pretty much every season since he tried to burry the Ray Rice incident where the assault WAS ON VIDEO.

In situations like this I feel compelled to defend the league, just because everyone gets all conspiracy theory as soon as something doesn’t go their way. However, the big issue with this is simply ‘Why?’. Most people don’t realize the discrepancy between Zeke and these other guys has a real, evidential reason that’s been concluded by entire offices of lawyers, and it’s not “If the Cowboys are bad, we make more money!.... somehow?”

It might be the other stuff he did, it might be entirely on the woman’s deposition, it may be something we’ll never find out about. But they had real reason beyond public knowledge, and not divulging that is the biggest problem with the current regime. Every time there’s a problem or a scandal they come to a very plausibly intelligent conclusion and reprimand, but with the limited info they give us it always seems shady. They’d probably be better off sharing the dark secrets, because keeping them hidden let’s imaginations run wild. Deflate gate. Maybe that was even crazier behind closed doors than we thought? It probably wasn’t, it we’ll never know because they keep too much stuff from us.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In situations like this I feel compelled to defend the league, just because everyone gets all conspiracy theory as soon as something doesn’t go their way. However, the big issue with this is simply ‘Why?’. Most people don’t realize the discrepancy between Zeke and these other guys has a real, evidential reason that’s been concluded by entire offices of lawyers, and it’s not “If the Cowboys are bad, we make more money!.... somehow?”

It might be the other stuff he did, it might be entirely on the woman’s deposition, it may be something we’ll never find out about. But they had real reason beyond public knowledge, and not divulging that is the biggest problem with the current regime. Every time there’s a problem or a scandal they come to a very plausibly intelligent conclusion and reprimand, but with the limited info they give us it always seems shady. They’d probably be better off sharing the dark secrets, because keeping them hidden let’s imaginations run wild. Deflate gate. Maybe that was even crazier behind closed doors than we thought? It probably wasn’t, it we’ll never know because they keep too much stuff from us.

If it makes you feel better, the issue isn’t conspiracy. It’s simple incompetence.

How the league got itself in a position where they’re assigning suspensions extrajudicially is insane, for one. Then there’s the capriciousness of the suspensions where similar violations are disciplined differently across the league with no rhyme or reason. It’s a joke. And a joke that directly affects the competitive balance of the product.

kskboys

Reaction score
Were you guys asleep when the owners extended Gooddell's contract?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, the issue isn’t conspiracy. It’s simple incompetence.

How the league got itself in a position where they’re assigning suspensions extrajudicially is insane, for one. Then there’s the capriciousness of the suspensions where similar violations are disciplined differently across the league with no rhyme or reason. It’s a joke. And a joke that directly affects the competitive balance of the product.

“extrajudicially” is the problem with everything here I think. We know celebrities and, more specifically, famous athletes get away with murder figuratively all the time. Guys found with cocaine and a slap on the wrist when you and I would be serving hard time. Goodwill knows the NFL’s money is teetering on the court of public opinion. They’re making crazy money and it all could be gone in an instant with any wrong move. It’s pretty sloppy how they’ve handled former players with CTE and the lawsuits that came, but it’s also pretty savvy. They lost little viewership from that and didn’t admit anything that risks their future. They appear as imcompetent, but it worked great for them. It’s calculated, and so is this.

Zeke probably got a stiffer penalty because his case is more famous, he is more famous. They appeased the public perception there. Maybe it’s because the Cowboys are more famous and that’s why he got hit harder, that definitely holds water. Seen as imcompetence? That’s the get out of jail free card. But it’s definitely intentionally-perceived incompetence. The scheming armies of lawyers are doing behind the doors of a multi billion dollar industry cannot be undersold. They know exactly what they’re doing.

As far as competitive balance, they’re not football players first. It’s not competitive balance and parity and uniform rule set and all that first and foremost. It’s entertainment with dancing monkeys. If this makes them money or prevents them from losing money, there is no argument to get them to stop.