Zeke Screwed Again

mmohican29

Reaction score
I don't think he's evil, I think he has no backbone and has given in to a lot of fan pressure. The problem with Goodell is it seems when the NFL is in hotwater, he doesn't go about it the right way or just goes too dang far to send a message to players and fans. In doing so, he doesn't appease the fans nor the players, he upsets them both.

Just like with the NFL rules. Yes, head injuries are an issue and the NFL didn't respond to the criticism in a good way and it got them a lot of heat. Now, to make up for this, they are putting together rules that are still too vague/poorly worded and we are now going from the controversial catch rules to leading with the head.

The pressure Goodell yielded to wasn't from the fans. It was from competition committee members, and that biased hag Lisa Friel who ran a campaign designed to defame Elliott and the Cowboys from jumpstreet based solely on 100% heresay.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“extrajudicially” is the problem with everything here I think. We know celebrities and, more specifically, famous athletes get away with murder figuratively all the time. Guys found with cocaine and a slap on the wrist when you and I would be serving hard time. Goodwill knows the NFL’s money is teetering on the court of public opinion. They’re making crazy money and it all could be gone in an instant with any wrong move. It’s pretty sloppy how they’ve handled former players with CTE and the lawsuits that came, but it’s also pretty savvy. They lost little viewership from that and didn’t admit anything that risks their future. They appear as imcompetent, but it worked great for them. It’s calculated, and so is this.

Zeke probably got a stiffer penalty because his case is more famous, he is more famous. They appeased the public perception there. Maybe it’s because the Cowboys are more famous and that’s why he got hit harder, that definitely holds water. Seen as imcompetence? That’s the get out of jail free card. But it’s definitely intentionally-perceived incompetence. The scheming armies of lawyers are doing behind the doors of a multi billion dollar industry cannot be undersold. They know exactly what they’re doing.

As far as competitive balance, they’re not football players first. It’s not competitive balance and parity and uniform rule set and all that first and foremost. It’s entertainment with dancing monkeys. If this makes them money or prevents them from losing money, there is no argument to get them to stop.

I couldn’t disagree more. What they’re doing goes straight to undermining the credibility of the league. They’re doing it to manage perceptions for a female audience they’re trying to attract as that’s the biggest poetential area for growth outside of international expansion, and they’re doing it at the expense of the integrity of the game. One guy gets a game suspension for repeatedly beating his wife. Another gets six for a discredited report the leagues own director of investigations considered insubstantial. The next year a guy gets six for beating his girlfriend, appeals, and it gets dropped to four. Oh, and the Ray Rice thing. And the concussion thing. And the marijuana suspensions. The league is all over the place and it directly affects the outcomes of games, seasons, and championships.

Don’t get me started on the issues with officiating they’ve turned a blind eye to for years.

The league has sold out. And the quality of the football is bad because of it.

aria

Reaction score
How exactly was Zeke screwed “again”? He got screwed once and that’s it. Not to mention, its over, get over it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I couldn’t disagree more. What they’re doing goes straight to undermining the credibility of the league. They’re doing it to manage perceptions for a female audience they’re trying to attract as that’s the biggest poetential area for growth outside of international expansion, and they’re doing it at the expense of the integrity of the game. One guy gets a game suspension for repeatedly beating his wife. Another gets six for a discredited report the leagues own director of investigations considered insubstantial. The next year a guy gets six for beating his girlfriend, appeals, and it gets dropped to four. Oh, and the Ray Rice thing. And the concussion thing. And the marijuana suspensions. The league is all over the place and it directly affects the outcomes of games, seasons, and championships.

Don’t get me started on the issues with officiating they’ve turned a blind eye to for years.

The league has sold out. And the quality of the football is bad because of it.
Preach.