Zeke shoving it down throats and takes himself out

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have looked at the overall picture and RB’s aren’t worth it. The Rams and several other teams will be better than us with much worse RB’s. Rushing leader has won ONE Super Bowl in the past twenty years, that should be a decent sample size considering most rushing leaders get the most carries which is why zeke got the worthless titles and why you’re pumping him up a bit...because he gets lots of carries.
You are changing the subject from what you and I were talking about. Saying "running backs aren't worth it" is very different statement than suggesting there is a problem because a top RB doesn't out perform every lesser paid RB every week, or suggesting there is a problem with stats that are clearly very good That's the case with every position - Mohomes and Rodgers don't outperform every lesser paid QB every week either.

And no, the rushing leader does not necessarily lead to a Super Bowl win. I didn't suggest it did, so this argument doesn't address what I said, or what I disagreed with you on. Neither does having the receiving leader guarantee a Super Bowl win.

But only referring to the rushing leader is kind of a bogus standard anyway because that's narrowing down to just one player a year and ignoring that winning teams sometimes have very strong running games and RBs. The Pats didn't have the top rusher, but they had the top rushing team when they won a couple of years ago. Seattle had a strong running game with Marshawn Lynch when they won. Baltimore had Ray Rice in one win, and Jamal Lewis in the other. The Saints had a strong running game when they won their SB. The Giants had a big running game when they won in 2007.

The reality is there is no one set, sure fire way to win the Super Bowl, and while having a top RB or top running game isn't required, it can be a big part of it. Different teams do it different ways.

aria

Reaction score
You have an unhealthy obsession. Absolutely crazy. You need help.
Oh, I need help, as do all the Dak haters and all the JG haters and all the “officials hate us” conspiracy theorists, and the list goes on and on.

You know who else needs help? Men who treat women like trash, assault DJ‘s and bully security guards. Don’t mind them though, as long as they produce for the Cowboys it’s all good, isn’t it?

aria

Reaction score
You are changing the subject from what you and I were talking about. Saying "running backs aren't worth it" is very different statement than suggesting there is a problem because a top RB doesn't out perform every lesser paid RB every week, or suggesting there is a problem with stats that are clearly very good That's the case with every position - Mohomes and Rodgers don't outperform every lesser paid QB every week either.

And no, the rushing leader does not necessarily lead to a Super Bowl win. I didn't suggest it did, so this argument doesn't address what I said, or what I disagreed with you on. Neither does having the receiving leader guarantee a Super Bowl win.

But only referring to the rushing leader is kind of a bogus standard anyway because that's narrowing down to just one player a year and ignoring that winning teams sometimes have very strong running games and RBs. The Pats didn't have the top rusher, but they had the top rushing team when they won a couple of years ago. Seattle had a strong running game with Marshawn Lynch when they won. Baltimore had Ray Rice in one win, and Jamal Lewis in the other. The Saints had a strong running game when they won their SB. The Giants had a big running game when they won in 2007.

The reality is there is no one set, sure fire way to win the Super Bowl, and while having a top RB or top running game isn't required, it can be a big part of it. Different teams do it different ways.
Omer, you are a good person to debate with. You bring up multiple good points and are logical. Therefore I want to defer answering this until later today or tomorrow. Unlike 90% of these fan boys, you’re posts do require thought and being I’m trying to watch the game, talk to my wife and respond to you guys at the same time I’m going to put you on the back burner for now but I will address this, if I forget by tomorrow afternoon please tag me.

I scanned through it very quickly, thanks for the excellent well thought out reply, it’s unusual when dealing with zeke’s supporters.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Depends if Barkley is good enough to take what he can get. If he goes down easy or doesn't pick the hole...it makes the o-line "one of the worst".

I'm not saying that's true...just "starting small".
so far 7 carries -6 yards not typo..SB thats what he is he doesnt chip away at adefense he ha sbig run or two to pad his stats, sure hes good but hes not the NFL caliber prototype back zeke is..zeke makes defense pay fr every tackle and ges everything he can out of a carry..

later SB will pad his stats with few chunk plays that truly are hollow compared to zekes influence on defenses..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, I need help, as do all the Dak haters and all the JG haters and all the “officials hate us” conspiracy theorists, and the list goes on and on.

You know who else needs help? Men who treat women like trash, assault DJ‘s and bully security guards. Don’t mind them though, as long as they produce for the Cowboys it’s all good, isn’t it?

Oh you mean the woman who LIED...then tried to get all their friends to lie? So you trust a proven LIAR just to serve your agenda....you;d think youd;'a backed off this argument, but no...you just keep coming with proven liars. Hmmm says a lot about your own character...while you judge zeke's.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
LOL! This is one of the worst arguments there is...he didn’t make a play on the ball. So when we played good teams with great receivers and never heard that receivers name then that was a bad thing? Shutting down the other teams best receiver for a game is worth a lot more than what zeke brings.

Diggs very well could turn out great, I'm not saying he won’t but I was under the impression we were in a win now mode which means we would have been better off keeping a tope corner than a top RB.
Your falsely saying that jones was a shutdown corner on an island like Deion or Revis. That wasn’t the case. He never impacted games that way or in anyway. Teams were not afraid of him like you’re claiming. Zeke was the right pick when we drafted him but I agree on the contest extension, they shouldn’t have paid him so much but I’d still much rather have Zeke for his price over jones for his price.

aria

Reaction score
Your falsely saying that jones was a shutdown corner on an island like Deion or Revis. That wasn’t the case. He never impacted games that way or in anyway. Teams were not afraid of him like you’re claiming. Zeke was the right pick when we drafted him but I agree on the contest extension, they shouldn’t have paid him so much but I’d still much rather have Zeke for his price over jones for his price.
So you’re telling me you would rather have zeke than Jones? Throw out all the splash plays, ignore the fact that top tier RB’s don’t win championships, forget about Diggs getting burned last night which negated zekes ONE good TD and some, forget about most every other championship team is competing without the top 5 RB in the league, forget about how we spent a 4th OVERALL pick on a RB and have one playoff win to show for it, forget about all the other teams that have beat us us with scrub RB’s (CJ Anderson ring a bell, what about Malcom Brown?), forget about guys like Henry and Kamara and Henry who were drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...zeke was worth it!

Man...what a great draft pick and what a way to waste salary cap space. “We have one playoff win in 4 years but we have the league leading leading rusher!” Woooo...that’s money well spent. TN, NO, NE, SF, KC...ya know, the good teams, the competitive teams, how many top 5 draft picks did they waste on a RB?

Let me guess, it was all the coaches? If only we had a better HC we would have won 4 rings by now. Wrong. No good HC or GM would ever waste such a high draft pick or salary cap space on a RB (considering the needs of the team).

We’re in good company though, there’s one other team that has spent a top 5 overall pick on a RB. They’re called the NY Giants, aka the worst team in the league for the past 3 years.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Omer, you are a good person to debate with. You bring up multiple good points and are logical. Therefore I want to defer answering this until later today or tomorrow. Unlike 90% of these fan boys, you’re posts do require thought and being I’m trying to watch the game, talk to my wife and respond to you guys at the same time I’m going to put you on the back burner for now but I will address this, if I forget by tomorrow afternoon please tag me.

I scanned through it very quickly, thanks for the excellent well thought out reply, it’s unusual when dealing with zeke’s supporters.
I always appreciate a willingness to discuss fairly. Thanks.

aria

Reaction score

As promised...

I really don’t have much to add, you brought up some great points. The only thing I will stand by that is kind of relevant to your post is that more often than not the SB winning teams don’t rely heavily on the run game and those that have did it with much cheaper options for the most part. There’s always exceptions, and I haven’t researched this so I may be eating crow here, but I’d wager that the majority of teams who have won SB’s or got to the Conference Championships over the past 20 years did not have one of the top 5 most expensive running backs on their roster.

Pure speculation.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did zeke not have one of the best, if not the best run blocking line his rookie year? Yes or no

Did Barkley not have one of the worst run blocking lines his rookie year? Yes or no

I’m trying to start small here.

True statement, but the Dallas line has not been that good since. Barkley, did not fair well last night, and I will not make any excuses for the Giant's online.

Aria, I know that you and others like to use analytics, but each analysis introduced can be manipulated to bear out certain aspects, while foregoing others.

I said that to say this. The Dallas line is not as good, as it is always projected. While watching the games, they are not dominant, nor are they consistent.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Zeke was our best offensive player...

I am quickly wishing they would dump Cooper. Too many drops in critical situations.

aria

Reaction score
True statement, but the Dallas line has not been that good since. Barkley, did not fair well last night, and I will not make any excuses for the Giant's online.

Aria, I know that you and others like to use analytics, but each analysis introduced can be manipulated to bear out certain aspects, while foregoing others.

I said that to say this. The Dallas line is not as good, as it is always projected. While watching the games, they are not dominant, nor are they consistent.
Well other than 2017 (10th) the Cowboys O run blocking O line has been ranked 5th or higher. Even if they were 15th, that is twice as good as the Giants.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself but my criticism is pretty consistent with Zeke. He gets his yards on volume carries and I would like for him to more efficient with his carries. He doesn’t create a lot on his own and isn’t explosive.

For 3 years I have argued with Zeke lovers who have tried to convince me that I am wrong and I should just be happy because Zeke gets a lot of carries and gets rushing titles.

And last night we hear he told Chris Collinsworth he doesn’t try to hit home runs in the 1st and 2nd quarters. That they would come but he wanted to tire out the defense and punish them.

So, as someone who really likes to defend Zeke and appears to not like any criticism of him, what do you think about that comment? It certainly provided me insight into why it’s been hard for him to hit home runs.
@Cowboy Lover this post

aikemirv

Reaction score
Get this. Malcolm Brown had the same ypc average and exact same receptions for the exact same amount of yards as the ewok.

I’m not saying Brown is better than zeke but it’s been shown time and time again that you don’t need a top tier RB to win games and his contract was a complete waste of money.

Do you know who very well could won that game for us? Byron Jones.

Diggs was directly responsible for giving up points on two different occasions but we let Byron walk and paid a RB instead because we don’t need top corners that can cover if they can’t get INT’s.
Can you imagine what Zeke would have against out D - Holy molly!