Zeke Theory

Havic

Reaction score
We have all seen the drop in productivity in Zeke. He looks slow, has zero vision, and is now a liability in pass protection / catching. Some on these boards mentioned it last year that he had lost his speed, while others disagreed.

My theory is Zeke knows his body better then anyone else and fought so hard for that contract because he already knew something we didn't. So what does he do? hold out, get paid, and is now on cruise control. Who cares if he gets cut? He got 50 mil guaranteed. That punishing running style fizzles out fast, just ask Marion Barber.

I dont blame the guy, just my thoughts.

Aftershock

Reaction score
This theory gets mentioned every single day here at cz
I do agree he's not as good as he used to be but i don't think he doesn't care. He seems concerned and truly wants to be good again. If you watched the nfl top 100 he was pissed that he wasn't the #1 RB anymore and he wanted to come back this season. Sadly I think his body is failing him.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
This theory gets mentioned every single day here at cz
I do agree he's not as good as he used to be but i don't think he doesn't care. He seems concerned and truly wants to be good again. If you watched the nfl top 100 he was pissed that he wasn't the #1 RB anymore and he wanted to come back this season. Sadly I think his body is failing him.

and the online to a degree

Flamma

Reaction score
We have all seen the drop in productivity in Zeke. He looks slow, has zero vision, and is now a liability in pass protection / catching. Some on these boards mentioned it last year that he had lost his speed, while others disagreed.

My theory is Zeke knows his body better then anyone else and fought so hard for that contract because he already knew something we didn't. So what does he do? hold out, get paid, and is now on cruise control. Who cares if he gets cut? He got 50 mil guaranteed. That punishing running style fizzles out fast, just ask Marion Barber.

As good a theory as any. If someone sold you an expensive product and it became useless shortly thereafter because hey, the guy just wanted to make money. You wouldn't blame the guy?

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
You guys know Zeke is 4th all time in rushing yards per game, only behind Jim Brown, Barry Sanders & Terrell Davis?

You guys know we had 4 All-Pro OL & All Pro QB, and now have none of those players available?

You guys know RB is the most dependent position on teammates?

Yeah Zeke is not performing well, at all -- but this situation is far from ideal & his 11m cap hit is not making any difference for this season. No player worth 11m is saving this team.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My theory is Zeke knows his body better then anyone else and fought so hard for that contract because he already knew something we didn't.

That's my theory on Jaylon. Came to Jerry early with a "team friendly" deal because he knew his leg was having problems. Got a new contract, with injury guarantees as far as the eye could see. Through the next two years.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
My theory is that Zeke honestly believed he was one of the greatest gifts to the NFL but now he's in his own head and wondering if what's being said about him is true. "Maybe I'm not that special." "Maybe I have lost a step or two." He's having to come to terms with that now and doesn't even believe in himself at this point. It's physical and mental now.

If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times. Good RBs are a dime-a-dozen and can be replaced. Zeke is no different.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's my theory

Zeke got his money.
Zeke doesn't give a damn about football. He doesn't give a damn about his teammates or fans.
Talk is cheap, performance matters.
Let him rot on the bench

dsturgeon

Reaction score
They should have paid byron instead of zeke, but that is done with.

Zeke is trying to do too much, and there is too much focus on him and his paycheck.

Pollard and zeke need to split snaps, have competition, and the one who is performing better or more suited for the opposing defense gets the snaps.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

The OL is jacked.

Nothing wrong with Zeke.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Zeke for the right team could be good for the next year or 2. The truth is that RBs have a shelf life and this is the reason Zeke and his agent held out for his money. Zeke may have felt great but with great players the last person that realizes they lost a step is typically said player. Good move by Zeke and terrible move by Jerry.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke is still the same Zeke. He came into his rookie camp overweight. He complained on Twitter about having to wake up on day 2. His mom called him out on it. He went to the weed store hours before his first preseason action. He's had several off the field incidents. He looked disinterested in the 2017 coming into meetings looking like he rolled in from the club and in need of a nap, from the All or Nothing footage. It was apparent in 2017 he already wasn't the same player he was as a rookie. I believe the dude has relied on natural ability, had a dip in performance from his rookie year to year 2 and has been the same back ever since. This year he is running behind the a crap line and his inability to create on his own is more obvious this year.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He still has heart. He almost ran down the eagle defender from behind on their scoop and score. He need a healthy line and a good passing game, like most backs do. He may not be as good as he was, but its hard to tell with all of the injuries on the OL.

Sydla

Reaction score
The OL is jacked.

Nothing wrong with Zeke.

Yeah. No.

He isn't as explosive or quick as he was 5 years ago. He's a grinder TB now, which isn't a bad thing. But you paid him to be elite and he's not elite anymore.

Wonder if Jerry will finally learn his lesson about overpaying for positions you shouldn't overpay. Probably not.

DanA

Reaction score
He’d be a great backup RB to have on 3-5m behind Christian McCaffrey or someone else that’s good.